Hardin-Jefferson vs. Silsbee Game Thread/H-J wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="whsalum" post="948716" timestamp="1295077386"]
A butt load to not many.I couldn't believe how far the Silsbee program has fallen.
[/quote]

Thank you, whsalum. >:(

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="948721" timestamp="1295089932"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=78759.msg948716#msg948716 date=1295077386]
A butt load to not many.I couldn't believe how far the Silsbee program has fallen.
[/quote]

Thank you, whsalum. >:(
[/quote]Sorry tigersvoice, I could have chosen my words a little better but to say I was surprised would be an understatement.I saw several post last year about the progress of the Silsbee progarm and the young coach got lots of support for coach of the year.They did seem to be well coached but the players just didn't seem to be there.The Silsbee girls have had one of the best teams in the region for years.I don't think they have a freshman or JV club now which really surprises me.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="silverstreak" post="949913" timestamp="1295306332"]
blame club volleyball, not the coach
[/quote]

You are right about club Volleyball. You ever notice why the numbers are up in volleyball? No running in volleyball. The physical demand on your body is not as great.  Most schools do not have a problem fielding three teams in volleyball. Basketball they do. Most schools not all do not have a problem fielding three baseball teams, football they do. See a trend? Kids are playing the sports with less physical demands on their bodies. 

so youre saying if they dont have club vb - then silsbee would be one of best teams in district?? . not sure about the reasoning - dont get me  wrong,  i think club vb is a waste of time and money. they all have been led to believe they can only get a scholarship this way.

[quote name="snooker" post="950295" timestamp="1295362145"]
so youre saying if they dont have club vb - then silsbee would be one of best teams in district?? . not sure about the reasoning - dont get me  wrong,  i think club vb is a waste of time and money. they all have been led to believe they can only get a scholarship this way.
[/quote]

Athletes pick just volleyball and don't play anything else in HOPES they get a scholarship, same thing is happening in Orangefield, and there isn't a girl in OF that can play DI volleyball.  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder