HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 64-56!!!

WOSgrad

You know, its funny, for a long time this thread was "congratulations" and "we'll get you next time" and "No you won't".  And then 2 or 3 got on the thread and said, "Quit you're whining and MAN UP".  And yet, none of those seem to be a part of the rivalry that is between these two schools.  I thought all was on the up and up until then.

I just find it odd.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad that there is two or even three teams in this district that will push each other like they do.....it only helps in the playoffs....I will say for the last time, Congrats to Silsbee they were the reason for the win.....Yes as a HJ fan I'm upset we let this one slip away, yes we had them where we wanted them, and let it get away. I hope we win the next two from Silsbee, but I will settle for the last one we play against them this year... ;)

Some of you seem as though you want to pour salt in an open wound....trust me the respect that each HJ and Silsbee have for each other is huge. Each team knows that they are in for a tough fight each time they step on the court.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="949303" timestamp="1295201986"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949298#msg949298 date=1295201667]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949289#msg949289 date=1295200960]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78734.msg949213#msg949213 date=1295182004]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949182#msg949182 date=1295155596]
If you go by what I saw then, Silsbee would wipe the floor with HJ..  ;) Silsbee has more talent and will find their ways to win again this year.. Hope the HJ faithful dont get too upset when Silsbee gives them another "L" in Sour Lake  ;D :D
[/quote]Ahhh, but that's why they play the game..... which was exactly my point.  You watched HJ at their worst when they played Nederland (granted, Nederland was a big reason for that...) and you saw Silsbee probably at the best against Ball.

You saw and you judged and you were way off.  ;)
[/quote]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949215#msg949215 date=1295183028]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78734.msg949213#msg949213 date=1295182004]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949182#msg949182 date=1295155596]
If you go by what I saw then, Silsbee would wipe the floor with HJ..  ;) Silsbee has more talent and will find their ways to win again this year.. Hope the HJ faithful dont get too upset when Silsbee gives them another "L" in Sour Lake  ;D :D
[/quote]Ahhh, but that's why they play the game..... which was exactly my point.  You watched HJ at their worst when they played Nederland (granted, Nederland was a big reason for that...) and you saw Silsbee probably at the best against Ball.

You saw and you judged and you were way off.  ;)
[/quote]

Good luck with that.  He believes his "judgement" is without fallacy.  He already knows he misjudged earlier in the year with his predictions for HJ
[/quote]

The one and only thing I was wrong about is that this message board would be quiet with all the Hawklette fans crying about the loss..  :D ;D  Guess my judgement has some fallacy there  ::)

And Im not sure I was far off because the facts are : (1) Y'all still haven't beaten a relevant basketball team, like I said.. (2) Silsbee still won the game, like I said.. Granted It wasn't by 15 like I thought, it was by 8..

Now you two can calm down and accept that HJ loss, and stop trying to bash people who actually made an accurate judgement call about a match-up and picked the winner, instead of picking with their heart and pulling for the team they have always loved  ;)
[/quote]  Rationalize all you want Dogs.  Hj still has a very good team and you cant stand it- But the best part is you can do NOTHING about it.
[/quote]

And you, along with all the other HJ people are in denial that HJ isn't at the level they were 2 or 3 years ago. And the even better part is you can do NOTHING about it  :D
[/quote]

You have no clue where HJ basketball stands, Yes, Ned. beat us earlier in the year, as they did in 09, the same year that we went back to state and lost in double overtime to lubbock estacado. HJ will be just fine this year. You have no clue what this team is capable of, everyone is playing better right now than they did early on in the season...

Rest assured his real problem is with the die hard HJ fans and his only retort can be to somehow discredit the team, even though the Coach at Nederland is in the process of developing the very same type of involvement and interest in the basketball program over there.  I hope I dont ever have to stoop so low as to tell the Nederland fans that their team is no good, not because they aren't, but because I dont like (envy might be better) their undying support for their team.  He made a couple of stupid statements earlier; 1. Silsbee will win by 15  2. Silsbee will mop the floor with HJ  Neither was even close to happening so he is scrambling to save credibility via more criticism.  Nothing particular original or concealed about those efforts.

[quote name="stevenash" post="949372" timestamp="1295211545"]
Rest assured his real problem is with the die hard HJ fans and his only retort can be to somehow discredit the team, even though the Coach at Nederland is in the process of developing the very same type of involvement and interest in the basketball program over there.   I hope I dont ever have to stoop so low as to tell the Nederland fans that their team is no good, not because they aren't, but because I dont like (envy might be better) their undying support for their team.  He made a couple of stupid statements earlier; 1. [size=12pt][b]Silsbee will win by 15  [/b] [/size] 2. Silsbee will mop the floor with HJ  [size=12pt][b]Neither was even close to happening [/b] [/size] so he is scrambling to save credibility via more criticism.  Nothing particular original or concealed about those efforts.
[/quote]

He wasn’t too far off though  ;D

[quote name="Tiger05" post="949385" timestamp="1295212871"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949372#msg949372 date=1295211545]
Rest assured his real problem is with the die hard HJ fans and his only retort can be to somehow discredit the team, even though the Coach at Nederland is in the process of developing the very same type of involvement and interest in the basketball program over there.   I hope I dont ever have to stoop so low as to tell the Nederland fans that their team is no good, not because they aren't, but because I dont like (envy might be better) their undying support for their team.  He made a couple of stupid statements earlier; 1. [size=12pt][b]Silsbee will win by 15  [/b] [/size] 2. Silsbee will mop the floor with HJ  [size=12pt][b]Neither was even close to happening [/b] [/size] so he is scrambling to save credibility via more criticism.  Nothing particular original or concealed about those efforts.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess we look at things differently.  A team that is behind for 3 quarters on their home floor and winds up winning is NOT mopping the floor with the opponent  and if you believe they almost mopped the floor, I guess it is futile to employ logic.  An eight point margin is "off" by 47%. as compared to the predicted 15 pointer.  I just cant seem to remember where they could have created 15 pt margin.  If we use that type of logic, could HJ say they almost won the game?

[quote name="stevenash" post="949413" timestamp="1295215405"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78734.msg949403#msg949403 date=1295214743]
That's the only way HJ can have the last one!!!!
[/quote]

I guess its safe to assume that 1983 tiger is an impostor especially since it is his first post?
[/quote]

Maybe he read something he disagreed with and wanted to shed some light on the situation. Hell, I don't know...  :D :D

[quote name="stevenash" post="949394" timestamp="1295213784"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=78734.msg949385#msg949385 date=1295212871]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess we look at things differently.  A team that is behind for 3 quarters on their home floor and winds up winning is NOT mopping the floor with the opponent  and if you believe they almost mopped the floor, I guess it is futile to employ logic.  An eight point margin is "off" by 47%. as compared to the predicted 15 pointer.  I just cant seem to remember where they could have created 15 pt margin.  If we use that type of logic, could HJ say they almost won the game?
[/quote]

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades  ;D

[quote name="Tiger05" post="949562" timestamp="1295229741"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949394#msg949394 date=1295213784]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=78734.msg949385#msg949385 date=1295212871]
[/quote] Agree = Almost= not too far off

[/quote]

[/quote]

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades  ;D

[/quote]

[size=10pt][i]I guess I had better take that very seriously since it is coming from  an "analyst" associated with a  tradition rich program.  Two or three years ago?  Hmmmm!!!! Aren't you (yes, you are) the one who DEMANDED that history not be discussed?  HYPOCRISY  Also noticed you refused to respond to my inquiry about why such a weak team had the top area team down by 12 on their home court?  The reason is they are capable of doing that but you aren't about to admit that.  Ask the Silsbee coaching staff and anyone else at the game just how" Silsbee wiped the floor" with HJ.  Could it be that you possibly misjudged?  NOOOO, that can't be it.  Somebody played games with the scoreboard or Silsbee players were sick.  It COULDNT possibly be that you were wrong[/i][/size]

Sorry I have been gone for so long buddy, but I had other things to take care of first before coming back here to see what you had to say..

Ok.. I'm going to try and make this very simple for you. Silsbee is better than HJ this year. Talent is better and you cant run from that truth. We can all spit out numbers of how bad a team is going to lose, but in the end, all that really natters is that the team you picked was right or wrong. I cant judge HJ from just one game, but I knew that team wasnt going to beat Silsbee, and will probably lose before they make it back to play Silsbee in playoffs. If you are judging your teams success of your record, then you sound like people from Vidor. Overall records can say whatever, but its the the true record of how you did versus QUALITY teams that lets you know just how good your team actually is.

Now we can argue over this HJ thing all day, but that isnt going to change what the record says.. Silsbee got the "W"... & HJ got the "L".... How bout HJ focus up for their games next week, and lets move on  ;)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="949617" timestamp="1295239277"]
Ok.. I'm going to try and make this very simple for you. Silsbee is better than HJ this year. Talent is better and you cant run from that truth. We can all spit out numbers of how bad a team is going to lose, but in the end, all that really natters is that the team you picked was right or wrong. I cant judge HJ from just one game, but I knew that team wasnt going to beat Silsbee, and will probably lose before they make it back to play Silsbee in playoffs. If you are judging your teams success of your record, then you sound like people from Vidor. Overall records can say whatever, but its the the true record of how you did versus QUALITY teams that lets you know just how good your team actually is.

Now we can argue over this HJ thing all day, but that isnt going to change what the record says.. Silsbee got the "W"... & HJ got the "L".... How bout HJ focus up for their games next week, and lets move on  ;)
[/quote]OK, I'm going to try and make this very simple for you.

Everybody who watched that game Friday night came away realizing one (or two) things.  Silsbee might be better than HJ, but HJ has the ability to beat Silsbee this year.  OK, maybe a few die hard fans may think its impossible, but the important thing is, the HJ players know it.  They suspected it at first, but they probably had doubts.  Now there is no doubt.... they can beat Silsbee.  It may take one or two "if only's" for HJ to pull off the win, but you and I both know that "if only's" happen all the time!  

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="949633" timestamp="1295241953"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949617#msg949617 date=1295239277]

Now we can argue over this HJ thing all day, but that isnt going to change what the record says.. Silsbee got the "W"... & HJ got the "L".... How bout HJ focus up for their games next week, and lets move on  ;)

Everybody who watched that game Friday night came away realizing one (or two) things.  Silsbee might be better than HJ, but HJ has the ability to beat Silsbee this year.  OK, maybe a few die hard fans may think its impossible, but the important thing is, the HJ players know it.  They suspected it at first, but they probably had doubts.  Now there is no doubt.... they can beat Silsbee.  It may take one or two "if only's" for HJ to pull off the win, but you and I both know that "if only's" happen all the time! 
[/quote]

:D Aint that the truth! One of those "If Only's" is going to to happen next time they play because it going to be played @ HJ  ;) Ask people from outside Sour Lake about that Home-cookin lol

[quote name="dogs1218" post="949637" timestamp="1295242602"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78734.msg949633#msg949633 date=1295241953]

Everybody who watched that game Friday night came away realizing one (or two) things.  Silsbee might be better than HJ, but HJ has the ability to beat Silsbee this year.  OK, maybe a few die hard fans may think its impossible, but the important thing is, the HJ players know it.  They suspected it at first, but they probably had doubts.  Now there is no doubt.... they can beat Silsbee.  It may take one or two "if only's" for HJ to pull off the win, but you and I both know that "if only's" happen all the time! 
[/quote]

:D Aint that the truth! One of those "If Only's" is going to to happen next time they play because it going to be played @ HJ  ;) Ask people from outside Sour Lake about that Home-cookin lol

[/quote]  He is already hedgin his bets by saying if HJ should win, it would only be because the refs cheated.  And he belittles some fan for thinking highly of their own team?  Have asked him twice how such an inferior team had a twelve point lead in the other teams home gym.  Never got a response.  Pretty interesting.  Here is the other FACT>  He OVERPLAYED his evaluation of HJ and cant escape that via the results from the first game.  Game indicated there was little difference between the two teams but he will NEVER admit his miscallculation(Silsbee will mop the floor with HJ) which is documented by the game.

[quote name="stevenash" post="949640" timestamp="1295244210"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949637#msg949637 date=1295242602]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78734.msg949633#msg949633 date=1295241953]

[/quote]

[/quote]  He is already hedgin his bets by saying if HJ should win, it would only be because the refs cheated.  And he belittles some fan for thinking highly of their own team?  Have asked him twice how such an inferior team had a twelve point lead in the other teams home gym.  Never got a response.  Pretty interesting.  Here is the other FACT>  He OVERPLAYED his evaluation of HJ and cant escape that via the results from the first game.  Game indicated there was little difference between the two teams but he will NEVER admit his miscallculation(Silsbee will mop the floor with HJ) which is documented by the game.
[/quote]

I know you would like to think of yourself as the genius of this message board, and the ultimate guru of basketball, but your not.. HJ lost, and Silsbee won.. Want me to answer your question? Hj came out fired up because its a Huge Basketball rivalry.. Want me to give you an example too? PNG was beating Nederland 9-3 after the first quarter, and continued to play hard throughout the game because they wanted to beat us really bad, but in the end, the better team pulled away and got the win.. Sounds like the same kind of game we are talking about right now huh? Get over it.. Congrats to Silsbee on the win, and good luck to HJ moving foward

[quote name="dogs1218" post="949646" timestamp="1295245445"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949640#msg949640 date=1295244210]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949637#msg949637 date=1295242602]

[/quote]

[/quote]  He is already hedgin his bets by saying if HJ should win, it would only be because the refs cheated.  And he belittles some fan for thinking highly of their own team?  Have asked him twice how such an inferior team had a twelve point lead in the other teams home gym.  Never got a response.  Pretty interesting.  Here is the other FACT>  He OVERPLAYED his evaluation of HJ and cant escape that via the results from the first game.  Game indicated there was little difference between the two teams but he will NEVER admit his miscallculation(Silsbee will mop the floor with HJ) which is documented by the game.  H
[/quote]

I know you would like to think of yourself as the genius of this message board, and the ultimate guru of basketball, but your not.. HJ lost, and Silsbee won.. Want me to answer your question? Hj came out fired up because its a Huge Basketball rivalry.. Want me to give you an example too? PNG was beating Nederland 9-3 after the first quarter, and continued to play hard throughout the game because they wanted to beat us really bad, but in the end, the better team pulled away and got the win.. Sounds like the same kind of game we are talking about right now huh? Get over it.. Congrats to Silsbee on the win, and good luck to HJ moving foward
[/quote] 
That cant be.  Hj was "declared" as unworthy of Silsbee by a "guru of this message board" and that Silsbee would "mop the floor" with HJ.  HJ lead for the first three quarters(byas much as 12 pts) on the opponents floor (sorry- not the same case for Ned-PNG)NOthing has changed.  You simply overestimated your opinion of how  incompetent  HJ would be this year and you are wrong, not by my standards but by most reasonable people who dont have an axe to grind with some of the HJ faithful. HJ proved that there is not that much difference between the two teams other than Silsbee has superior depth.  That is acknowledged by both HJ and Silsbee supporters and strongly contradicts the "wisdomic" "mop the floor" prediction which, like it or not, was blatantly inaccurate.

[quote name="ST4life" post="949671" timestamp="1295271890"]
Let me settle this so we can move on to the next game

Is HJ good this year?
Answer = [b]Yes[/b]

Did HJ hang with Silsbee @ the tiger den?
Answer = [b]Yes[/b]

Did HJ win against Silsbee?
Answer = [b]No[/b]
[/quote]

Good post!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83