Central’s Mitchell the latest 20-4A quarterback to star in basketball

I guess I'm missing something here but whats the rave about a quarterback that can play basketball. I am glad for the young man and wish him well.... We have football players that is good in basketball. I guess it gives the sport of basketball some class if a qb plays.....again I am glad for the player but football is over.....

[quote name="no-look" post="947051" timestamp="1294872029"]
I guess I'm missing something here but whats the rave about a quarterback that can play basketball. I am glad for the young man and wish him well.... We have football players that is good in basketball. I guess it gives the sport of basketball some class if a qb plays.....again I am glad for the player but football is over.....
[/quote]Basketball is a difficult sport. You need to run, stop, pass, shoot, dribble AND THINK all at the same time and within seconds to make your decision. Football is much easier. You go to huddle and rest. That gives you time to think about what you're going to do next. So if a qb can play basketball, its just added incentive that he is a potential athlete in the making. ;)

[quote name="no-look" post="947051" timestamp="1294872029"]
[/quote] Yea I kind of agree, Every kid on the Evadale team was also on the Dist winning football team. And all 5 starters were allso All dist football players. But I guess thats a big deal in the bigger schools

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="947198" timestamp="1294886373"]
Great Job kid! Keep playing hard! Some people post stuff because they have no life. Its a great story. Did you play QB or basketball? I doubt it!
[/quote]Arm chair qb and played little dribblers once.........I applaude the young man. Evidently a heck of an athlete.....you guys just missed my point.......

No-Look I didnt miss your point and it was a good one!!!!! Basically what he is saying is that there are other players that are as good or better that are playing without any of the recognition. the media sometimes jumps on the kids that are playing multiple sports who actually only excel in maybe one, participate in several, or put on a uniform in all. There are plenty of kids that do alot of the dirty work, are stars in their roles, or lastly are flat out better than the kids who tend to somehow end up in just about every headline. It's sad, but it's a fact, and it does tend to get old!

Guest HooperSG25
Yes, I agree, there are many other players that do all the dirty work and get no recognition. Like #10 Ferguson, he averages about 9 rebounds a game and most of it goes unnoticed.

Congrats to Mitchell.  Some kids do well in lots of things, but don't want the attention of the media.  Some want the attention and don't get it, and complain about those who do.  It's the media's job to go find a story to tell, perhaps this is just the story they found this day. 

[quote name="True Blue" post="947662" timestamp="1294957744"]
Not hating at all. But like I said that must be a big deal in the bigger schools. And BlueDove Maybe HF could lookin to playing 6 man football, maybe they could compete there. But whats it like to get beat in every sport in your dist?? ;D
[/quote]AhTrue, I'm just happy we kicked yall butts.  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="947665" timestamp="1294958087"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=78646.msg947662#msg947662 date=1294957744]
Not hating at all. But like I said that must be a big deal in the bigger schools. And BlueDove Maybe HF could lookin to playing 6 man football, maybe they could compete there. But whats it like to get beat in every sport in your dist?? ;D
[/quote]AhTrue, I'm just happy we kicked yall butts.  ;D
[/quote] Thats realy something to hang your hat on Beating a 1a team without  their 2 leading scorer ;D But If that helps you sleep at night its OK But I know coach L is looking for a few games between Dist. and the playoffs, so if your still playing at that time we might see you again ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="947198" timestamp="1294886373"]
Great Job kid! Keep playing hard! Some people post stuff because they have no life. Its a great story. Did you play QB or basketball? I doubt it!
[/quote]
Don't get too excited over this kid. I started at QB in HS, was all-district and area, started 2 years (playing BB) as a shooting guard at a 4A HS, started on the soccer team, and lettered in track for 3 years, but that did not equate to a dominating career in college. Y'all have to realize how much more talent is outside of 'The Triangle'. Many athletes (including myself) would probably only start for One sport for MOST 5-A schools in Houston/Dallas. It is just a different BEAST!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder