Nederland vs. Beaumont Central Game Thread/Nederland wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker
So because Nederland is 4-0 and state ranked and probably still isn't really playing their best basketball... things are upside down and the district is wide open???? Or are some folks having a hard time seeing what's happening here???

[quote name="SB" post="946581" timestamp="1294807535"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=78613.msg946498#msg946498 date=1294803860]
I just do not understand how you lose a 13 lead and you have a chance to run these guys out the gym and you end up losing by 9.  How many times will this defense fail before we make changes?  Nederland did nothing spectacular...  They don't have a motion offense.. They just passed the bal around to open players, which they were open all night due to players being out of position.  Just play man.  We have the advantage at speed but not in size down low.  Just come with a quick double team to stop the initial move by Nederland's bigs.  I'm telling you...  If we keep doing this and letting Kristen smith sit almost the whole second half, We won't be beating many teams in this district and we will miss the playoffs...  And I can't remember us missing the playoffs..

SAD, SAD, SAD...
[/quote]

Kristian Smith got his four foul early in the third quarter. I am sure that the coach was saving him for the end of the game.  He came back in and got foul five almost immediately.  Did anyone else notice that Fruge, Heard, Allen and Pickett were not playing.  Sounds a lot like the starters to me.  

The former coach from Central was at the game tonight.  Scouting for Ozen, from what I hear.  Now that is sad, sad, sad since he is am assistant principal at PA Memorial.......................
[/quote]I saw the former Coach there...  And yes, I did notice..  Allen, Fruge, and Pickett are starters...  I have no idea why they didn't play... And I didn't see them on the bench either...

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="946723" timestamp="1294847167"]
Bringing in the underclassmen huh? Hmmm? That means the new players will put pressure on the older players to perform in practice and games. Probably a good move by the coach. It keeps pressure off him for awhile. Especially if it works in the next few weeks.
[/quote]... but don't you do that in the preseason and not in the middle of district against the 1st place team?!?

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="946756" timestamp="1294848806"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78613.msg946723#msg946723 date=1294847167]
Bringing in the underclassmen huh? Hmmm? That means the new players will put pressure on the older players to perform in practice and games. Probably a good move by the coach. It keeps pressure off him for awhile. Especially if it works in the next few weeks.
[/quote]... but don't you do that in the preseason and not in the middle of district against the 1st place team?!?
[/quote]That's what I was thinking...

[/quote] ??? Central did!

[/quote]
I agree with Dove, especially when your seniors are acting like jackasses.  Who knows, it may work and they might come out on top.....

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="946786" timestamp="1294851174"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78613.msg946771#msg946771 date=1294850164]
Soulja, you already know my thoughts on this subject. ;) ;D
[/quote] 8) 8)
[/quote]

soulja you was at the LCM  game with me so you know my thoughts. Central does not have a chance in that district. They dont have no plays on offense.its just pass it until somebody gets open. and pressure man defense and a zone. how do you play man to man with no help side..impossible....I feel sorry for the Jags

There needs to be more plays and more in game adjustments.  Nederland's coach adjusted, which is why they were able to get themselves out of the early hole.  We are 1-3 in district with a good chance that we'll miss the playoffs.  I wonder when the panic button will be pressed?  I don't remember the last time a Jag team missed the playoffs...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="946498" timestamp="1294803860"]
I just do not understand how you lose a 13 lead and you have a chance to run these guys out the gym and you end up losing by 9.  How many times will this defense fail before we make changes?  Nederland did nothing spectacular...  They don't have a motion offense.. They just passed the bal around to open players, which they were open all night due to players being out of position.  Just play man.  We have the advantage at speed but not in size down low.  Just come with a quick double team to stop the initial move by Nederland's bigs.  I'm telling you...  If we keep doing this and letting Kristen smith sit almost the whole second half, We won't be beating many teams in this district and we will miss the playoffs...  And I can't remember us missing the playoffs..

SAD, SAD, SAD...
[/quote]

Move over, Smitty!  We have a new whiner!

[quote name="GrayDog" post="947822" timestamp="1294975517"]
I just do not understand how you lose a 13 lead and you have a chance to run these guys out the gym and you end up losing by 9.  How many times will this defense fail before we make changes?  Nederland did nothing spectacular...  They don't have a motion offense.. They just passed the bal around to open players, which they were open all night due to players being out of position.  Just play man.  We have the advantage at speed but not in size down low.  Just come with a quick double team to stop the initial move by Nederland's bigs.  I'm telling you...  If we keep doing this and letting Kristen smith sit almost the whole second half, We won't be beating many teams in this district and we will miss the playoffs...  And I can't remember us missing the playoffs..

SAD, SAD, SAD...
[/quote]

[/quote]Your comprehension level must be very low, as I  have given the oponent their props.  Just stating things that we need to work on.  ::) ::)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="947928" timestamp="1295006927"]
[quote author=GrayDog link=topic=78613.msg947822#msg947822 date=1294975517]

SAD, SAD, SAD...
[/quote]

[/quote]Your comprehension level must be very low, as I  have given the oponent their props.  Just stating things that we need to work on.   ::) ::)
[/quote]
To the contrary, you kicked the coach saying "Nederland did nothing spectacular...  They don't have a motion offense.. They just passed the bal around",

The same way you kick all Nederland programs,  and you even kicked the whole community in the past!

[quote name="GrayDog" post="947995" timestamp="1295018501"]
To the contrary, you kicked the coach saying "Nederland did nothing spectacular...  They don't have a motion offense.. They just passed the bal around",

The same way you kick all Nederland programs,  and you even kicked the whole community in the past!
[/quote]Wow, that is a stretch to say that Soulja kicked the coach.  It looks like he's trying to point out that Central should have been able to handle Nederland's offense, but they didn't. 

I wonder how many fights would occur if people walked around with the same chips on their shoulders in real life that they have on internet boards.  Lighten up, folks!

[quote name="GrayDog" post="947995" timestamp="1295018501"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=78613.msg947928#msg947928 date=1295006927]
[quote author=GrayDog link=topic=78613.msg947822#msg947822 date=1294975517]

SAD, SAD, SAD...
[/quote]

[/quote]Your comprehension level must be very low, as I  have given the oponent their props.  Just stating things that we need to work on.   ::) ::)
[/quote]

[/quote]I  have no idea what you are talking about in that firt paragraph. Maybe the side of your neck talking...

On the second paragraph.  Show me proof that I have something personal against Nederland.  If you really want to know, one of Nederland's players is my classmate's nephew.  While walking with him out of the gym, he stopped and talked to that player and so did I.  Told that player that he played lights out and that they will win district.  How is THAT for Nederland hate?  ::) ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami