WAC might replace Hawaii with Texas school

I do not go to a Lamar game to see Idaho or ULL I go to see Lamar. I don't care if Lamar is playing as the president of Ohio St. would say the sisters of the poor.  I am just happy Lamar has football!!  I will worry about conferences later down the road

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Javelina" post="945848" timestamp="1294718390"]
I do not go to a Lamar game to see Idaho or ULL I go to see Lamar. I don't care if Lamar is playing as the president of Ohio St. would say the sisters of the poor.  I am just happy Lamar has football!!  I will worry about conferences later down the road
[/quote]

Eureka!

Someone finally gets it!

We're here to support Lamar U, not some Sun Belt, C-USA, or WAC team that has a distantly familiar name.

When people in Beaumont figure out that: UT, Texas A&M and Tech don't spend money in Beaumont, don't care what goes on here, and don't educate the majority of our youth, then Lamar U will finally have arrived!

[quote name="CardAmbassador" post="945903" timestamp="1294722809"]
[quote author=Javelina link=topic=78316.msg945848#msg945848 date=1294718390]
I do not go to a Lamar game to see Idaho or ULL I go to see Lamar. I don't care if Lamar is playing as the president of Ohio St. would say the sisters of the poor.  I am just happy Lamar has football!!  I will worry about conferences later down the road
[/quote]

Eureka!

Someone finally gets it!

We're here to support Lamar U, not some Sun Belt, C-USA, or WAC team that has a distantly familiar name.

When people in Beaumont figure out that: UT, Texas A&M and Tech don't spend money in Beaumont, don't care what goes on here, and don't educate the majority of our youth, then Lamar U will finally have arrived!
[/quote]

You're right they won't get a Big XII team in football. However, in the past they have got both UT and A&M to Beaumont for baseball.

They got UT, Kansas State, Baylor and Texas Tech in basketball that I am aware of and I'm sure there are a few I've missed.

[quote name="UNLV" post="946389" timestamp="1294796290"]
La Tech forum is screaming angry about Lamar joining the WAC. It sicken them to have Lamar in the same conference
with the great La Tech.
[/quote]

They are upset with the state of the WAC...

They want out and quite frankly, don't blame them. They only want in C-USA and that is probably their only option, since they'd rather stay in the WAC than get in a league with UL-Monroe.

[quote name="UNLV" post="946389" timestamp="1294796290"]
La Tech forum is screaming angry about Lamar joining the WAC. It sicken them to have Lamar in the same conference
with the great La Tech.
[/quote]

The fans on the Sun Belt forum are always saying how arrogant La Tech fans are so that's not surprising. 

La Tech really hasn't been very competitive against all those western schools, probably due to such long travel distances.  With more regional schools joining the WAC (with weaker sports) La Tech should be one of the top schools in the conference.  I seriously doubt they'll be joining CUSA unless a lot of top teams leave that conference as well.

[quote name="coachacola" post="946656" timestamp="1294841942"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=78316.msg946389#msg946389 date=1294796290]
with the great La Tech.
[/quote]

The fans on the Sun Belt forum are always saying how arrogant La Tech fans are so that's not surprising. 

La Tech really hasn't been very competitive against all those western schools, probably due to such long travel distances.  With more regional schools joining the WAC (with weaker sports) La Tech should be one of the top schools in the conference.  I seriously doubt they'll be joining CUSA unless a lot of top teams leave that conference as well.
[/quote]

I have a big problem believing travel has anything to do with preventing success.. If big programs can win after flying across the country to play, so can everyone else. LA Tech is just over powered in the conference. They will be top contenders for a conference title in every sport once the conference is made up of more regional teams.

[quote name="AJ25" post="946708" timestamp="1294845839"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=78316.msg946656#msg946656 date=1294841942]
with the great La Tech.
[/quote]

La Tech really hasn't been very competitive against all those western schools, probably due to such long travel distances.  With more regional schools joining the WAC (with weaker sports) La Tech should be one of the top schools in the conference.  I seriously doubt they'll be joining CUSA unless a lot of top teams leave that conference as well.
[/quote]

I have a big problem believing travel has anything to do with preventing success.. If big programs can win after flying across the country to play, so can everyone else. LA Tech is just over powered in the conference. They will be top contenders for a conference title in every sport once the conference is made up of more regional teams.
[/quote]

I think it's a combination of travel and lack of money.  La Tech has one of the smaller budgets in the WAC.

[quote name="coachacola" post="946721" timestamp="1294847039"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=78316.msg946708#msg946708 date=1294845839]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=78316.msg946656#msg946656 date=1294841942]
with the great La Tech.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it's a combination of travel and lack of money.  La Tech has one of the smaller budgets in the WAC.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Could be. Travel will definitely be easier once these regional teams move in. Lots of long bus rides ahead for teams in the WAC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476