Bridge City Championship Game: Vidor vs. Jasper..Vidor Wins Tourney!

shooter

[quote name="shooter" post="939727" timestamp="1293710237"]
I have never witnessed two refs operate with less integrity - kids deserved to be treated fairly no matter where their from.
[/quote]

Shooter, I did not get to see your game last night, but did hear about it. I watched the Jasper/WOS and Vidor/Porter game Monday night and was not impressed at all with the officiating. The Vidor/Porter game was absolutely terrible.

I understand your dissapointment.

[quote name="shooter" post="939727" timestamp="1293710237"]
I have never witnessed two refs operate with less integrity - kids deserved to be treated fairly no matter where their from.
[/quote]

What game are you talking about? It was bad for most of the tournament, but the championship game was officiated well.

Just because my ID is Spartans Ball, I am not a coach for Porter.  I am a fan though.  I am shocked at the way the refs called several games in Bridge City.  They were in no way Varsity Refs.  And if so, that is sad.....  I have refereed games in the past and I have seen much better from 9th grade refs.  Again, to fall down with the ball (after rebound), stand up and start dribbling without a travel called is pretty darn bad.  The ref was right there.  The championship game (overall) was not that bad.  But again, the same ref which called the Porter game stayed for the championship game and could not control the physical play under the boards.  Too many over the back calls not made.  Too many pushing off and not called (and some that were very obvious with people flying).  I wish I was 17 again.. I would have loved to play ball against 32 on Vidor because I GUARANTEE I would not be pushed around like he has been doing ALL STINKIN' TOURNAMENT.  You cannot creat space advantage by pushing off.  You can create space, but not push off to get an advantage.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder