Green returns to Central as opposing coach

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="937836" timestamp="1293132436"]
I used to believe you needed great talent to win State.  Dont get me wrong it helps greatly.  But then you see alot of State champs who had no players have any college impact.  Some teams with great players that are a beast in college, end up losing to a better coached less talented squad in highschool.  Examples:

Ft Bend Bush went to State last year when Bellaire had way more pure talent!
Yates had 6'10 Anthony Jones (Baylor), Joseph, and Peters and lost to a Wheatly team with no next level talent!
Texas Tech Mike Singleton stared three years at Tech, but lost to a Duncanville team with couple of College bench players
None of the members of FW Dunbar that beat Ozen went directly to a D1 school, while Perk is now a pro, Chappell started D1, Dabney Started D1, Brekenridge played D1, Young started D1
The team with Deron Williams and Bracey Wright did'nt even make the State game that year!

Central has some athletes and two basketball players!!! That is enough to compete in 4A!

[/quote]Excellent points. There are differences between athletes and basketball players. The problem I've seen among some coaches (and not just high school) is that they don't know how to mix and play them together. ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="937882" timestamp="1293144333"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=77858.msg937836#msg937836 date=1293132436]
I used to believe you needed great talent to win State.  Dont get me wrong it helps greatly.  But then you see alot of State champs who had no players have any college impact.  Some teams with great players that are a beast in college, end up losing to a better coached less talented squad in highschool.  Examples:

Yates had 6'10 Anthony Jones (Baylor), Joseph, and Peters and lost to a Wheatly team with no next level talent!
Texas Tech Mike Singleton stared three years at Tech, but lost to a Duncanville team with couple of College bench players
None of the members of FW Dunbar that beat Ozen went directly to a D1 school, while Perk is now a pro, Chappell started D1, Dabney Started D1, Brekenridge played D1, Young started D1
The team with Deron Williams and Bracey Wright did'nt even make the State game that year!

Central has some athletes and two basketball players!!! That is enough to compete in 4A!

[/quote]Excellent points. There are differences between athletes and basketball players. The problem I've seen among some coaches (and not just high school) is that they don't know how to mix and play them together. ;)
[/quote] I thing that the 1st time u have not told a -----. ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="937912" timestamp="1293150735"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77858.msg937882#msg937882 date=1293144333]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=77858.msg937836#msg937836 date=1293132436]

[/quote] I thing that the 1st time u have not told a -----. ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]You meant "stir the pot"  ;D ;D

[quote name="bacbone9" post="937773" timestamp="1293120702"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=77858.msg937761#msg937761 date=1293117326]
Skill level is not a problem... Coaching is... Central has the athletes to win, but the coaching does not improve there skills.  These kids have been good players since coming to Central but the coaching and guidance hasn't helped improving thier skills.  The coaching is failing these kids.  Basketball fundamentals! 

Skills?  All Central has players that handle the rock well, has the leapers, has a brute, and has the shooters.... Those are skills. 

What they don't have is fundamentals.  When to shoot, how to move the ball, when not to dribble, how to deliver the pass, how to play position defense, and how to beat a particular defense! Those are all about the coaching!  Central is lacking in that area! BISD let me down with this coaches hire! Especiallly after what the examiner released about him.  There is enough talent for Central to be a very good squad!
[/quote]

You are absolutely right. The skill they come to Central with is the same skills they leave with.They are not getting any better.
[/quote]Realize that these kids are also competing for spots at the next level against kids from Houston and Dallas who have personal trainers, former pro players, and college players working with these kids showing them the "game."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami