Nederland Alumni Game

My two cents of the soccer alumni games: These games were started as a way to show how the present teams compared to the past teams. They were taken semi-seriously by the alumni and seriously by the present team. This worked well for a while and all was dandy but recently the games have turned into a joke. No one takes them seriously, its a bunch of joking around by the alumni and is just a waste of time for the present team to be getting better. It is also one more game that someone could get hurt in. Of course, someone could get hurt in any game, but its probably better to get hurt in a game that means something that not. People seem to think that these games were designed strictly for the alumni and I'm sorry to say that high school coaches are looking way further than to be worrying about there old players getting to play again. No offense to anyone but the alumni have graduated, they (we) are not in any point of focus and until the game becomes vastly less competitive (which the opposite is happening) I just don't think coaches will even take the time to schedule alumni games any more. Is it for the better or worse? IDK.. Cheers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder