Whitten finalist for Angelo State HC job

Whitten is 1 of 4 finalists:

[quote]Angelo State University has released its final four head coaching candidates as the Rams look to replace Dale Carr.

Blinn Head Football Coach Brad Franchione didn't make the cut.

Wednesday Coach Fran was one of those being mentioned to take over in Angelo, but not 24 hours later.

Among those still in the running for the Rams post is former Sam Houston State Head Football Coach Todd Whitten.

Whitten is currently the Offensive Coordinator at Lamar University.

Others listed include:
* Steve Warren, Abilene High School Head Football Coach
* Will Wagner, Northwest Missouri Associate Head Football Coach
* Pierce Holt, former ASU Player/NFL player. [/quote]

http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/Blinns_Franchione_No_Longer_In_The_Running_For_Angelo_State_Opening_112046829.html

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="935785" timestamp="1292711291"]
Dodge MADE (past tense) that much at UNT.  However, he is currently unemployed and those unemployment benefits only go so far.  He'll probably get some better offers but you don't know unless you ask.  And the worst he can tell you is no.
[/quote]

A Bob West article last month said the Dodge wants to be a quarterbacks coach.  Now that Jeremy Johnson is at Lamar, I wonder how interested Dodge would be in coaching him as the OC.  Lamar could probably offer him a competitive salary as OC compared to a QB coach at a big school, unless it's a BCS school like UT or OU.

[quote name="coachacola" post="937460" timestamp="1293034372"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=77696.msg935785#msg935785 date=1292711291]
Dodge MADE (past tense) that much at UNT.  However, he is currently unemployed and those unemployment benefits only go so far.  He'll probably get some better offers but you don't know unless you ask.  And the worst he can tell you is no.
[/quote]

A Bob West article last month said the Dodge wants to be a quarterbacks coach.  Now that Jeremy Johnson is at Lamar, I wonder how interested Dodge would be in coaching him as the OC.  Lamar could probably offer him a competitive salary as OC compared to a QB coach at a big school, unless it's a BCS school like UT or OU.
[/quote]

There are things alumni at Lamar can do to get Coach Dodge. There are several people with deep pockets who are either alumni or have developed a relationship with the university. They could set him and his family up in a home, buy him a car and several other things outside what Lamar can do with a salary for a OC.

Todd Dodge is still a legend here from his playing days at TJ to his coaching career. I know the kids he recruits don't remember him as a player but I bet their parents do.

I'm sure there is someone who isn't a fan of Todd Dodge that will now post something negative.

I wonder about people from SE Texas sometimes.  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder