How Does?

bullets13

[quote name="JoesBros" post="933819" timestamp="1292449833"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=77544.msg933782#msg933782 date=1292446477]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=77544.msg933733#msg933733 date=1292442560]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=77544.msg933704#msg933704 date=1292439746]
A 4A school play an entire pre-district schedule against really weak teams from lower classifications?  i can understand a few gimme games, but 12 of them?  come on.  not a single game against a 4A or higher program, not even a bad one.
[/quote]
That question will be answered on the court friday night  ;) Why does a person who follows a 3A school so concered about it?
[/quote]
because y'all are picking pretty heavily on one of the teams from my district :)
[/quote]
Like I said it will be answered friday night when Nederland plays at Vidor. If I were you I would be more worried about Silsbee in yalls district then coming on here complaining about scheduling for a 4A team.
[/quote]
nothing to worry about with Silsbee. they're the best team in the area.  if they beat us, as expected, it's not that big of a deal. maybe vidor can get into 21-3A, then they can play HF two more times.  i'm thinking they can go 6-0 against them this year :)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="933796" timestamp="1292447769"]
Nederland is not clearly the best team in the district right now, but they can be. WAY too many mistakes and lack of effort on defense. The West Brook game was by far the worst I have even seen that group play as a team. Couldn't make shots, couldnt handle the ball, and couldn't play team defense. And WB is all guards!!!! Last night against Anahuac, we played some the worst defense as a team which kept the game close before pulling away, only because we were much bigger and better. If Nederland can get their problems fixed, then there is no doubt they are the best team in the district. But right now, no way.
[/quote]

I think that if Ozen can get their problems fixed (one of them might not be fixable), they are the best in the district

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="933787" timestamp="1292447172"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=77544.msg933778#msg933778 date=1292445698]
Why you rolling your eyes Soulja????  You don't really think that the Jags are gonna win district do you???
[/quote]You don't really think Nederland is a shoe in for district, do you?  West Brook Beat Nederland and We blew them away.  Do you really think that Nederland is head and shoulders better than everyone else in this district at this point?
[/quote] NO

Guest speechless
[quote]The West Brook game was by far the worst I have even seen that group play as a team. Couldn't make shots, couldnt handle the ball, and couldn't play team defense. And WB is all guards!!!![/quote]

interesting you say this.....but a spectator who has only seen Ned. play that one game (v. WB) may think Ned. is not that good this year based on that one game and say things like "well, they are just not as talented" or "based on what I have seen" to make their opinion sound educated when in reality they are basing it on one game they saw fairly early in the season...ya know....like you continue to do about hj

[quote name="speechless" post="934700" timestamp="1292597923"]
[quote]The West Brook game was by far the worst I have even seen that group play as a team. Couldn't make shots, couldnt handle the ball, and couldn't play team defense. And WB is all guards!!!![/quote]

interesting you say this.....but a spectator who has only seen Ned. play that one game (v. WB) may think Ned. is not that good this year based on that one game and say things like "well, they are just not as talented" or "based on what I have seen" to make their opinion sound educated when in reality they are basing it on one game they saw fairly early in the season...ya know....like you continue to do about hj
[/quote]

Now you are starting to sound like Nashy finding things to make a point for you be right somehow  :D

Anyways, I have known that group of kids from Nederland for along time now and the style of play the bring. As far as HJ, I have seen them more than a few times buddy. Heres a fact for you, I wasnt even at the game against HJ, but I can tell you one thing, I knew this was going to be a struggling year for the hawklettes. I saw the players they had, and the players they lost, and could make an easy judgement by saying that HJ wasnt going to be very good, or at least, not as good as all the fans were hoping. IS that a correct statement? Has HJ been as good as you had hoped? At least Nederland is beating most of the teams they are Suppose to beat. Not the start I had hoped, but still winning the games expected of you.

All the HJ stuff was to get the HJ people to realize the team they had this year. Dont need to get offended there  ;)

Guest speechless
id say 14-4 with 3 losses to 4a schools and one loss to defending 1a state champs is a pretty good start especially considering they are starting a freshman and missing an almost 40% 3 point shooter and a starting post

all the comments you just made are the same comments given every year it is more hope rather than fact

some people never learn

Beware speechless, you will now be declared as saying stuff to make you sound like you are right.(and, of course, certainly "nobody else" is guilty of that)  Additionally, just because the last time HJ lost to Nederland early but wound up in Austin, somehow doesnt matter because "someone" really knows his basketball and can tell, by watching a team once or "judging" personnel with one or two viewings, just what success or failure that team will have come springtime.  But then, of course, I could certainly not be" right" about this.

More about the history of the almighty HJ  :D

Look, the fact is, this is a different year then the last one. I understand being a fan of your team and getting upset when somebody from another team talks down on yours, but understand where im coming from. Hardin Jefferson this year is NOT as good as the past.

Im going to love reading the things yall will be posting about the HJ and Silsbee games. Only some home-cooking is going to be able to help you in that series. I dont see HJ playing too deep into the playoffs because, well, they arent as good as the past years. I can be wrong here and HJ goes on to win state and win district. But, from I have seen from that team, its highly unlikely.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="935083" timestamp="1292627855"]
More about the history of the almighty HJ  :D

Look, the fact is, this is a different year then the last one. I understand being a fan of your team and getting upset when somebody from another team talks down on yours, but understand where im coming from. Hardin Jefferson this year is NOT as good as the past.

Im going to love reading the things yall will be posting about the HJ and Silsbee games. Only some home-cooking is going to be able to help you in that series. I dont see HJ playing too deep into the playoffs because, well, they arent as good as the past years. I can be wrong here and HJ goes on to win state and win district. But, from I have seen from that team, its highly unlikely.
[/quote]

You are sure right about that.  Getting to state is very unlikely for HJ this year.  And to hear you and several others, home cooking in HJ- Silsbee games would only enable the Hawks to lose by 30 instead of 40.  As for the history of almight HJ-  Once you make some history, I suspect you will be only too happy to discuss it as well.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="935083" timestamp="1292627855"]

[/quote]dog! My MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Preach your wisdom and truth. Maybe we should make some friendly bets. If HJ make sa certain goal, then dog would have to wear a HJ shirt or something. And Nash a HF shirt...err Silsbee shirt ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="935177" timestamp="1292631515"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=77544.msg935083#msg935083 date=1292627855]

[/quote]dog! My MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Preach your wisdom and truth. Maybe we should make some friendly bets. If HJ make sa certain goal, then dog would have to wear a HJ shirt or something. And Nash a HF shirt...err Silsbee shirt ;D

[/quote]  Dove- just go ahead and get a shirt that say HJ- No Good-  I will wear it In Hamshire when lowly HJ plays the prospective 2012 State Champs

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="935177" timestamp="1292631515"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=77544.msg935083#msg935083 date=1292627855]

[/quote]

I like that bet!  ;D I dont know if Nashy would wear a Silsbee shirt though

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder