Who's the one player that

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="cooligan" post="957693" timestamp="1296420314"]
It's official - Weisbrod makes varsity at NHS as a freshman. I am encouraged to see talent was chosen over a name. Even with the negative comments about freshman and Weisbrod making varsity, his superb skills once again prevail. I can easily see Weisbrod moving into 1st base as a starter this year. I can hardly wait to see this youngster hit the ball. He has incredible bat speed and power. All spectators will be in awe when Colton goes yard and the ball ends up over by the band fields.  :o :o :o This kid has been playing for one of the premier youth select leagues, in the country,  for the last 4 or so years. He has already seen 80 plus mph pitching. Not saying he won't struggle, but can't wait til he really gets it going. He will be a great asset to an already very talented team. Also, I can see his dad calming down now that Colton has made varsity in 2 sports as a freshman. He already has and will contribute to both sports as a freshman. I just hope we all can set back and admire and enjoy this young man's talent and not be questioning how and why he made the team.     
[/quote]

Could you please provide the name of his "premier youth select league" team and what age group they played. Thanks. Just curious.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bandito Baseball out of Tomball TX is the league I am referring to. I believe Weisbrod played with the organization from 11 - 13 and some at age 14. I believe they have a website for those interested wwwbanditobaseball.com. By the way, I am not his father. If you need more specifics catch John at the ballpark I'm sure he will be happy to answer your questions and satisfy your interest.

Oh I almost forgot, I do have one of Weisbrod's uniforms, 3 baseballs signed and misc photos of him playing for the Bandito's at my shop as we speak. I am getting ready to shadowbox same for his dad. Quite impressive. two of the baseballs are marked as over 400 ft. home runs. If you care to stop by PM me and I will be glad to show you his trophies.     

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="cooligan" post="957920" timestamp="1296489193"]
Oh I almost forgot, I do have one of Weisbrod's uniforms, 3 baseballs signed and misc photos of him playing for the Bandito's at my shop as we speak. I am getting ready to shadowbox same for his dad. Quite impressive. two of the baseballs are marked as over 400 ft. home runs. If you care to stop by PM me and I will be glad to show you his trophies.      
[/quote]

No thanks. I'll look for them on E-Bay.

[quote name="cooligan" post="957693" timestamp="1296420314"]
It's official - Weisbrod makes varsity at NHS as a freshman. I am encouraged to see talent was chosen over a name. Even with the negative comments about freshman and Weisbrod making varsity, his superb skills once again prevail. I can easily see Weisbrod moving into 1st base as a starter this year. I can hardly wait to see this youngster hit the ball. He has incredible bat speed and power. All spectators will be in awe when Colton goes yard and the ball ends up over by the band fields.  :o :o :o This kid has been playing for one of the premier youth select leagues, in the country,  for the last 4 or so years. He has already seen 80 plus mph pitching. Not saying he won't struggle, but can't wait til he really gets it going. He will be a great asset to an already very talented team. Also, I can see his dad calming down now that Colton has made varsity in 2 sports as a freshman. He already has and will contribute to both sports as a freshman. I just hope we all can set back and admire and enjoy this young man's talent and not be questioning how and why he made the team.     
[/quote]
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkv0Z0l9fWCGVRG6kkiQ0TMjm56zMBWrvlXamHaVsEOEpT_0FE8A&t=1[/img]

[quote name="scapegoat" post="957714" timestamp="1296425577"]
It is nice to have a tall first base man that has athleticism.It cuts down on throwing errors from infielders.IMO [b]Pitts [/b] and Weisbrod are the best we have.Unfortunately their skills also make them good basketball players.Others will get their shot at first base until these two finish basketball season. 
[/quote]

Unless things change, Coach is only working Pitts in the outfield and pitching.

[/quote]
I laughed out loud! This is hilarious! I can't tell if this is actually serious or a what!!! Really?? PM you to see some little kids trophies!! There I go again...laughing out loud! Thanks though!!

Guest wackpack
[/quote] POST OF THE YEAR ....LOL

[/quote]hopefully this post is a joke...if not, it makes me kinda uneasy...sounds like a stalker.

First of all no newbie has made Varsity yet, [b]they[/b] may be given the chance but nothing is determined until after the scrimmages. [b]They[/b] may think they made Varsity allready, but in reality [b]they[/b] haven't and the Varsity Team will be very hard to make. What [b]they[/b] need to do is get to work and quit running [b]their[/b] mouth or someone on a Varsity squad will humble [b]them[/b].
From personal experience it's best to come on a Varsity squad with ears open and mouth shut, player and parent. Respect the players above you and learn from them, respect the parents that have been there and learn from them.
I've been to my share of baseball games and never has a parent, player, coach, fan ever measured a homerun. That is just messed up. The W is what counts.
84 MPH U14 Select-88 MPH Varsity-92 MPH Elite Varsity, big difference, if that swing is long forget it.
Spoonbill I'm kinda of worried he may be sleeping with the awards and wearing the jersey as a nite-nite. Has the photo on the counter? Hmmm....

[quote name="9Doggies" post="958145" timestamp="1296508940"]
First of all no newbie has made Varsity yet, [b]they[/b] may be given the chance but nothing is determined until after the scrimmages. [b]They[/b] may think they made Varsity allready, but in reality [b]they[/b] haven't and the Varsity Team will be very hard to make. What [b]they[/b] need to do is get to work and quit running [b]their[/b] mouth or someone on a Varsity squad will humble [b]them[/b].
From personal experience it's best to come on a Varsity squad with ears open and mouth shut, player and parent. Respect the players above you and learn from them, respect the parents that have been there and learn from them.
I've been to my share of baseball games and never has a parent, player, coach, fan ever measured a homerun. That is just messed up. The W is what counts.
84 MPH U14 Select-88 MPH Varsity-92 MPH Elite Varsity, big difference, if that swing is long forget it.
Spoonbill I'm kinda of worried he may be sleeping with the awards and wearing the jersey as a nite-nite. Has the photo on the counter? Hmmm....

[/quote]
VERY well put Doggie! Busting butt is usually the best recourse for trying to prove ones self!

Guest Ranger83
All this ball measuring is making me uncomfortable.

I did drive by and see the trophies. Very, very impressive. Lots of First place and Best in Show. Nice!

The best thing to do is go in the first day and announce your presence with authority. Talk yourself up. Tell your new team and coaches just how good you are. Heck, these guys will really appreciate your honesty. I would suggest you wear some of your HR medals, that'll show'em.

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="958188" timestamp="1296512529"]
Home Runs will be a thing of the past next year anyway. BCOR bats make a big difference. Better to learn to hit line drives now. I watched a college using BCOR's at batting practice and all the power is gone.
[/quote]

I liken' the sound of that.  ;D

[/quote]
Sounds like another Bryce Harper in the making! Did any pro scouts show up for tryouts and practice today?

I see my posts achieved its goal. Some seem to be a little irritated with my comments. Well let me tell you what irritates me. Several get on here and bad mouth a 14 yr old kid and his father based on their animosity and jealouy alone. I doubt most have seen him play; yet, you continue to hear: he has a bad attitude, doesn't respect the game, can't run the bases, can't hit fast pitching, slow foot speed, won't make varsity because----on and on and on. For now, this freshman was issued a varsity uniform. It is possible he may not keep it, but I believe his talent and work ethic will prevail. To the good people on here, I apologize for my retaliatory, over the top, comments. I know this young man and his family and my irritation got the best of me. To the doubting Thomas', if this youngster isn't special-- than why all the controversy, over a freshman 6 wks prior to varsity tryouts. What is truly hilarious, all those who are bad mouthing this kid now will be the same yelling and cheering for him to succeed when the games begin.  

[quote name="cooligan" post="958412" timestamp="1296535274"]
I see my posts achieved its goal. Some seem to be a little irritated with my comments. Well let me tell you what irritates me. Several get on here and bad mouth a 14 yr old kid and his father based on their animosity and jealouy alone. I doubt most have seen him play; yet, you continue to hear: he has a bad attitude, doesn't respect the game, can't run the bases, can't hit fast pitching, slow foot speed, won't make varsity because----on and on and on. For now, this freshman was issued a varsity uniform. It is possible he may not keep it, but I believe his talent and work ethic will prevail. To the good people on here, I apologize for my retaliatory, over the top, comments. I know this young man and his family and my irritation got the best of me. To the doubting Thomas', if this youngster isn't special-- than why all the controversy, over a freshman 6 wks prior to varsity tryouts. What is truly hilarious, all those who are bad mouthing this kid now will be the same yelling and cheering for him to succeed when the games begin.  
[/quote]

cooligan, no problem coming on the board and promoting this young man but you are playing at Nederland. You look foolish when this school has a laundry list of Pro and Div 1 players including one at UT 6 months removed.

[quote name="TURN2" post="958450" timestamp="1296563696"]
Really surprised English is letting this kid see the baseball field.I know other programs will not let varsity basketball players practice until the season is over.
[/quote]

Unlike some coaches(and not just basketball coaches), Coach E. supports players who have the desire to play more than one sport.  My older son, Jordan, and Josh Dean would practice with the baseball team when it didn't conflict with a basketball practice or game and Jacob did the same last year.  Essentially that means Saturday practices and/or scrimmages with bullpens thrown by pitchers during the week after basketball practice.  I appreciate that he does support these players.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="958417" timestamp="1296536076"]
[quote author=cooligan link=topic=77516.msg958412#msg958412 date=1296535274]
[/quote]

cooligan, no problem coming on the board and promoting this young man but you are playing at Nederland. You look foolish when this school has a laundry list of Pro and Div 1 players including one at UT 6 months removed.
[/quote]

The problem ultimately is that mostly adults are on here doing the talking and they don't consider who actually pays the price.  The player hasn't done anything to deserve to be bad mouthed in front of me.  Some making the negative comments are doing so because they don't like his dad.  I would hate for my kids to be misjudged, mistreated, or derided because someone didn't like me.(It actually happened one year)  It's just wrong.  Wait and see what happens and then make an educated judgement on the player himself.

[quote name="TURN2" post="958450" timestamp="1296563696"]
Really surprised English is letting this kid see the baseball field.I know other programs will not let varsity basketball players practice until the season is over.
[/quote]It's my understaning that it's UIL regulations that prevent athletes from playing two sports at the same time, as well as participate in tryouts or sit on multiple rosters.  Baseball team could be putting themself in jeopardy if this kid is seen on the field/cage with them before being released from basketball.

I don't think anyone is bad mouthing this young man. The pressure of playing high school is hard enough. Doesn't need more pressure to live up to the hype going around about him. My son also played top level select (5 yrs) but I don't want him to get caught up in all the hype, so we fly under the radar and let his actions speak for themselves. High School is enough pressure on any freshman by itself.  I wish him luck and hope the best for him.

[quote name="txball247" post="958468" timestamp="1296567997"]
[quote author=TURN2 link=topic=77516.msg958450#msg958450 date=1296563696]
[/quote]It's my understaning that it's UIL regulations that prevent athletes from playing two sports at the same time, as well as participate in tryouts or sit on multiple rosters.  Baseball team could be putting themself in jeopardy if this kid is seen on the field/cage with them before being released from basketball.
[/quote]

I don't think you are correct or else there might not be a track team.  Players leave to go run track all of the time.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa