Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team

1696dogs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="931760" timestamp="1292164500"]
Congrads to all. I don't want to say anything negative, but I couldn't help but notice that Coach Hobbs from Legacy is the coach on the list.  Really?!
[/quote]

Gotta agree with you on that one, Soulja.  It was a class move to include Reggie Garrett, posthumously.  Another one would have been to list Curtis Barbay as Coach of the Year.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="931824" timestamp="1292172282"]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=77380.msg931806#msg931806 date=1292170362]
Hobbs Coach Of The Year

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Hobbs-is-Super-Gold-Coach-of-the-Year-874416.php

[/quote]Ok.  His team was 1 game from making the playoffs.  But still, at a .500 record?
[/quote]

Actually, the Enterprise needed to change the caption their old photo as Beaumont Legacy did make the playoffs.

That being said, Legacy's path to the playoffs wasn't exactly lined with world beaters.  3 teams advanced out of District IV-4 and two of the teams it was fighting for the playoffs were 2-8 Galveston O'Connell and Huntsville Alpha Omega, who forfeited it's last two games...one of them to Legacy.

True, Legacy was 0-10 last year so the improvement does warrant that Coach Hobbs be considered for the award so I can't say he is undeserving.  What I kind of have a problem with is that the Enterprise has repeatedly tried to build Coach Hobbs up by taking shots at Eric Holton by constantly mentioning him as the coach of Legacy's winless season last year.  Yes, he was the head coach so the problems are at his feet, but it isn't as if Coach Holton didn't do quite a bit of coaching himself.

He convinced a community that has been playing 11-man football for as long as I can remember to move to six-man football to preserve football there....and from what I was told, this was a HERCULEAN task that he accomplished.  He then, in a month's time, taught the young men of Chester the nuances of six-man, all the while learning them himself and put together a nine game schedule that included a Six-man Division I finalist in Throckmorton.  He then embarked on this season and lead Chester to a 4-5 mark.

Come to think of it, Coach Holton deserved some pretty strong consideration for Coach of the Year!

Congrates SuperGold Team,,Ill put you guys up aginst in All-Star Team in the State..Good List..
I personaly think Coach hooks should of got it, for holden his team togther and winning district and makeing playoffs..
but Hobbs has done some good things to,,,He's worthy of this award

Special congrate to my Jags

#95 Alfred
#8 Cantue
#15 Heard
You guys Had an Awesome year, cant wait to see you on the next level..

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="932084" timestamp="1292204339"]
;D ;D Cograts to FORD, CUCANCIC, AMAIMO, ROTH, KEENE ... good group of young men ... nice to see two members of the OLINE from Kirbyville (THE NASTY BUNCH) on the team .... you were the basis for a great ride ... Good luck in college ....
[/quote]OOPS ... Left of Little Will Tyler ... need more caffiene  ;D ;D ... Congrats

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="badndn" post="932253" timestamp="1292216251"]
Lot of really good QBs this season in SETX. Can't put them all on the team.
[/quote]

I guess Hank will have to "settle" for being the [u]2A MVP[/u]!  ;D

(Funny how a district MVP is not on this list, huh?  ::)  )

[quote name="playdefense" post="932377" timestamp="1292256570"]
Someone needs to explain to me why Hank Jones from East Chambers is not on this team.  Wow - Are you kidding me.  I realize only so many can make it, but that is an absolute injustice.

[/quote]

Because the 20-4a District MVP and Offensive MVP is the second team QB's, and the 21-3a Offensive MVP QB is the second team utility player. He is a little behind all three of these players

Here is your answer

[b]Reyes[/b]-2174 yards passing 19 touchdowns,,, 453 yards rushing 7 td's *includes playoffs

[b]Gonzales[/b]-2381 yards passing 21 td's,,,,597 yards rushing 11 td's

[b]Doty[/b]- 2830 yards passing 29 td's * includes playoffs
[
b]Menard[/b]- 1390 passing 15 td's,,,,,,1006 rushing 17 td's * includes playoffs

[b]Jones[/b]- 1431 yards passing 13 td's,,,,,842 yards rushing 12 td's * includes playoffs

Great Kid, and he had a great year, but so did other QB's. He is behind in the Stats.
But trust me I'm sure he will not let this stop him from having a great future

[quote name="justsaying" post="932450" timestamp="1292265785"]
If its pure stats then why isn't this one on here:

Myles Taylor -Hardin (TX) 3313 yard passing 38 touchdowns 759 rushing 4072 Total yards not including the playoffs  #11 in the state in overall passing yards #7 in Total Offensive yards...

Struggled in the Win department but still had the stats.
[/quote]

My fault I forgot to add that everyone of those players also led there team to a 7 win or better season, but you are right about Taylor.  Smaller schools do get over looked at times especially if they are not winning.

[quote name="The Old Ball Coach" post="932413" timestamp="1292260845"]
[quote author=playdefense link=topic=77380.msg932377#msg932377 date=1292256570]
Someone needs to explain to me why Hank Jones from East Chambers is not on this team.  Wow - Are you kidding me.  I realize only so many can make it, but that is an absolute injustice.

[/quote]

Because the 20-4a District MVP and Offensive MVP is the second team QB's, and the 21-3a Offensive MVP QB is the second team utility player. He is a little behind all three of these players

Here is your answer

[b]Reyes[/b]-2174 yards passing 19 touchdowns,,, 453 yards rushing 7 td's *includes playoffs

[b]Gonzales[/b]-2381 yards passing 21 td's,,,,597 yards rushing 11 td's

[b]Doty[/b]- 2830 yards passing 29 td's * includes playoffs
[
b]Menard[/b]- 1390 passing 15 td's,,,,,,1006 rushing 17 td's * includes playoffs

[b]Jones[/b]- 1431 yards passing 13 td's,,,,,842 yards rushing 12 td's * includes playoffs

Great Kid, and he had a great year, but so did other QB's. He is behind in the Stats.
But trust me I'm sure he will not let this stop him from having a great future
[/quote]I think Reyes had a really good year this year but to have put him above Doty and Gonzales i didnt understand. These 2 were by far the best 2 QB in the area. And if Lamar is looking for a Qb these 2 young men would have been a great place to start. Add FORD and some lineman to the already exisiting players u had on the Off and Lamar would be a force to be reconded with for years to come.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="playdefense" post="932377" timestamp="1292256570"]
Someone needs to explain to me why Hank Jones from East Chambers is not on this team.  Wow - Are you kidding me.  I realize only so many can make it, but that is an absolute injustice.

[/quote]

You tell 'em, PD. It would seem to me if you are a DISTRICT MVP, you should have automatic inclusion.

Hank is a FREAKIN' MONSTER, Bmt. newspaper or not!  ;D   

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="932589" timestamp="1292282513"]
[quote author=playdefense link=topic=77380.msg932377#msg932377 date=1292256570]
Someone needs to explain to me why Hank Jones from East Chambers is not on this team.  Wow - Are you kidding me.  I realize only so many can make it, but that is an absolute injustice.

[/quote]

You tell 'em, PD. It would seem to me if you are a DISTRICT MVP, you should have automatic inclusion.

Hank is a FREAKIN' MONSTER, Bmt. newspaper or not!   ;D   
[/quote]

how would that work with this area supporting several districts? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder