Thoughts on 24-2A! How do they finish?????

Bobcat55

Guest Team Captain 07

After playing both teams last year Anahuac twice and Buna Once, I feel that Both were very young last year. At Orangefield We pitched a Freshman Zach Peevey (who did make first team all district Pitcher) against buna and they only had one hit against him in a 5 inning blow out. Anahuac was also easy wins but we didnt pitch anybody good against them. But I feel that with their move ins and their young players (especially Hillen) That Buna might just run away with that district. It will be them and Dewville in either first or second and Anahuac might get the third spot.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deweyville is going to have to improve tremendously to make a run in this district. They were run-ruled last year several times in district, and the district looks to be tougher in 2007. What's the reasoning behind so many posters thinking they will be this competitive? Do they even know who is coaching them yet?

According to the scores reported on this forum last year, I believe they were only run ruled in District 2 times, while run ruling 3 others in District. I believe they finished 1 game out of the playoffs, and they are only losing 1 starter from last year. So I don't understand your post Goldglove? Did you research before posting? Deweyville will be competitive, by the way, Coach Hagguiqust (spelling) is the New Baseball Coach.

• 3 weeks later...

1.Buna

2.Deweyville

3.Warren

4.Anahuac ???

5.Kountze ???

6.Hardin  ???

7.EC  ???

The reason I put Warren in the top 3 is they just got 2 new coaches and they seem pretty promising and just got some new kids that look pretty good. And Deweyville I have seen them play and they are pretty good..they can really hit the ball. Buna well they were a 3A school. I also got the chance to see them play. If they didnt lose enybody good than they will do pretty good. Anahuac I am not sure about from what I have seen on the forum everyone thinks there pretty good. Kountze I also got the chance to see this team play twice and they had a pretty good pitcher. And for Hardin and EC I am sorry I dont have alot of hope for yall. Maybe Next year.

1. Buna

2. Anahuac/Deweyville

3. Kountze

Last year Buna spanked East Chambers like 18-2 and Kountze 12-1 or so and beat Warren twice by ten or more and have a just as good if not better team this year. There pitching staff will be pretty good and the only thing they have to worry about is staying healthy. One injury last year to their star pitcher killed their pitching staff but their bats are strong and so is their defense. Also, their head coach has been there for at least seventeen years and knows what he's doing and knows how to win so I look for them to go far this year in baseball. The rest of the district will definitely have its hands full.

Buna

Hardin

Kountze

Deweyville

Warren

Anahuac

East Chambers

Kountze 3rd  are you crazy they were bad last year with not alot of potential own jv  East Chambers last                                                                              E.C.  did not loose hardly anything there best pitch is a jr.this year they were a yong team last year...

BUNA

HARDIN

DEWEYVILLE

EAST CHAMBERS

ANAHUAC

WARREN

KOUNTZE

Buna 19, EC 2. Buna 12, Warren 2. Buna 11, Warren 1. Buna 11, Kountze 1. Also beat Newton in a scrimmage at the beginning of the season. Only loss to a 2A team came against Woodville, 3-2. (Apparently, theyre kinda good?) Buna returns a solid group of young men to the diamond who hit can not only hit the ball, but can also play some pretty jam up defense. Hate to say it, but unless they just completely screw things up, the only "toss up" of this season is to see where Buna will play in the playoffs. Trust me, Terrier does NOT mess around and will have his boys ready. Scary thing is, these young boys will continue to get even better next year. A majority of them are sophomores and juniors! Can't wait to see Buna Baseball get back to where it used to be, and I'd love for these young men to be the ones that turn that ship around.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder