YMBL/BISD Shootout Broadcast Thread/FT. BEND HIGHTOWER WINS THE TOURNEY!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="924315" timestamp="1291317922"]
Kimball 89

LCM.    46.   Final
[/quote]

Kimball is really good this year. 6'7" Jairon Henry (Son of former Sooner Skeeter Henry.) and 6'7" Jordan Williams (He helped lead The Colony to the 4A state tournament this past March.) are a matchup nightmare for everyone not named Lincoln. We (Madison) played Kimball on Monday on their home floor and lost to them 79-68. We didn't have Bryce Pearson or Ron Wilcots because they were just out of football and weren't ready to play yet due to not being released by the trainer for injuries they had from the playoff game with Carthage. It would've been nice to have the 6'7" Pearson out there at center, but that's okay. The only thing that can keep Kimball from making it to Austin is Lincoln, who they lost to 81-66 last week. Kimball has one of the 5 best teams in Texas regardless of classification. I was honestly glad to see Madison make a game out of it against a team that good, considering we have so many sophomores and juniors playing a lot of minutes.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="924687" timestamp="1291346893"]
Dallas Madison beat N.O. Walker 80-51.
[/quote]

We've got a pretty good team again this year. Going into the spring I honestly didn't know that we'd be able to replace the Flentroys in the backcourt (Both started for four years.), Tevin Harris and Kris Gulley. I just didn't count on Montrael Scott taking a huge step forward and being able to play the 1, 2 or 3. We lost to Lincoln a couple of weeks ago, the probable 4A region II representative in Austin, 83-75 without our starting center who was still with the football team in the playoffs as the starting QB. With Pearson's 6'7" frame out there at center now, I feel better about our chances to make it back to The Drum for a 3rd straight year. Scott hit eight 3's against Lincoln and scored 36 and Anthony Hollins scored 27 in that one. Those two kids are the equal of any duo in 3A when they're on. To have two guys at the 3A level that can give you 30+ on any night is a luxury. Hollins is one of the best players in the Class of 2012 in Texas and he's fully healthy now after breaking his wrist on his shooting hand last year (It cost him the first 20 or so games of the season.). Region II is a minefield though and there's several really, really good teams we'd have to go through just to get to the regional final.

We have four guys right now that will at some point receive D1 scholarship offers in Scott, Hollins, Bryce Pearson and JD Wallace. Robert Pearson, a sophomore PG (No relation to Bryce. His brother is actually Anthony Hollins.) will also play some ball at D1 school if he can get to at least 5'10" or so. Wallace, a 6'6" sophomore is probably the best of the group, but he's got a long way to go in understanding the game. He might be the best athlete to ever suit up for Madison's basketball team, but he has the physical tools to get there.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="924294" timestamp="1291316564"]
LCM is having all kinds of problems with the press. Taking one or two dribbles and picking it up. Very sloppy. Kimball is too long for them.
[/quote]

A lot of teams are going to have problems with Kimball this year. If they get one other kid eligible I think that'll be enough to push them past Lincoln and back to Austin.

[quote name="JMT" post="924787" timestamp="1291365852"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=76954.msg924687#msg924687 date=1291346893]
Dallas Madison beat N.O. Walker 80-51.
[/quote]

We've got a pretty good team again this year. Going into the spring I honestly didn't know that we'd be able to replace the Flentroys in the backcourt (Both started for four years.), Tevin Harris and Kris Gulley. I just didn't count on Montrael Scott taking a huge step forward and being able to play the 1, 2 or 3. We lost to Lincoln a couple of weeks ago, the probable 4A region II representative in Austin, 83-75 without our starting center who was still with the football team in the playoffs as the starting QB. With Pearson's 6'7" frame out there at center now, I feel better about our chances to make it back to The Drum for a 3rd straight year. Scott hit eight 3's against Lincoln and scored 36 and Anthony Hollins scored 27 in that one. Those two kids are the equal of any duo in 3A when they're on. To have two guys at the 3A level that can give you 30+ on any night is a luxury. Hollins is one of the best players in the Class of 2012 in Texas and he's fully healthy now after breaking his wrist on his shooting hand last year (It cost him the first 20 or so games of the season.). Region II is a minefield though and there's several really, really good teams we'd have to go through just to get to the regional final.

We have four guys right now that will at some point receive D1 scholarship offers in Scott, Hollins, Bryce Pearson and JD Wallace. Robert Pearson, a sophomore PG (No relation to Bryce. His brother is actually Anthony Hollins.) will also play some ball at D1 school if he can get to at least 5'10" or so. Wallace, a 6'6" sophomore is probably the best of the group, but he's got a long way to go in understanding the game. He might be the best athlete to ever suit up for Madison's basketball team, but he has the physical tools to get there.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476