HJ @ Nederland

UncleDrew

Forney will help the team when he arrives but he is not as huge a piece as he was over the past several years.  IMO Smith and Cunningham are the best 2 players.  Smith is the most athletic player in recent memory.  Cunningham almost shoots as good as Chris Hammond and plays better on defense.  Point play will be better than it has been in years with Mitchell and English playing at that position.  Wagner plays a strong defensive roll with an occasional 3-pointer here and there.  You also get good defensive play, points, and rebounds from roll players: Pitts, Landry, Killian,...  The bench is deep.  This team appears to have gelled and works well together.  Forney needs to come in with the intent to be a team player not an individual....work as hard as his teammates....check his ego.....no devisiveness like in football.  If so, this team could go farther than last year.

Nederland wins in a close one!           

This game will be a good one.  Nederland better hope that they can handle the press, because HJ has two quick guys with long arms right up front on the full court.  I expect Nederland to win the 1/2 court game, but HJ will have a couple of 8-0 / 10-0 runs off the press.  If Nederland can limit those runs to 1 or 2, they'll win.  If not......

BTW, I'd love to see these two play later in the year when they are at full strength.  What's up with Forney?

[quote name="dogs1218" post="916865" timestamp="1290474816"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=76408.msg916786#msg916786 date=1290468110]
HJ by 16
[/quote]

Really? That bad at home for Nederland?
[/quote]

Poppabear always says HJ by 16!!!!!  I think it will be a great game.  Hopefully with my Hawks coming out on top!!!

I think there will be a three game Nederland Sweep beginning with the Freshman.  The Freshman and JV dominated the Bridge City Tournament this weekend.  Although all three games will be tough, I think Nederland will win.  Whatever the outcomes, it should be the place to be this evening.  Let's pack the house Bulldogs.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="916865" timestamp="1290474816"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=76408.msg916786#msg916786 date=1290468110]
HJ by 16
[/quote]

Really? That bad at home for Nederland?
[/quote]

Sorry No disrespect intended......Like Lazeek said I always say 16, I dont want to break tradition, I do expect a tough game from the Dogs tonight.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="917113" timestamp="1290491356"]
The press vs the 3.  If HJ presses well then even if they beat press it is just a 2. Those guys will pass a layup to get the 3 ball going.  Should be a great game, anxious to see how the fresh does in his second game.  Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]If you look at it that way, then you've never seen an HJ press.  They will get a steal here or there once in a while and then all of a sudden they will score 10 points in 40 seconds if the other team falls asleep.  Nederland is going to have to limit those runs.

I am looking forward to a good game tonight, and though I think HJ will win, I do remember when Nederland came over to our court and killed us 2 years ago.  Ya'll had a small guard that hit like 50 points, mostly from the three point line.  Your guys took advantage of the 3 starters who had played JV the previous year.  That was sad, but it was fun watching those three mature throughout the year.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="917277" timestamp="1290532466"]
[quote author=Wildcatter link=topic=76408.msg917113#msg917113 date=1290491356]
The press vs the 3.  If HJ presses well then even if they beat press it is just a 2. Those guys will pass a layup to get the 3 ball going.  Should be a great game, anxious to see how the fresh does in his second game.  Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]If you look at it that way, then you've never seen an HJ press.  They will get a steal here or there once in a while and then all of a sudden they will score 10 points in 40 seconds if the other team falls asleep.  Nederland is going to have to limit those runs.

I am looking forward to a good game tonight, and though I think HJ will win, I do remember when Nederland came over to our court and killed us 2 years ago.  Ya'll had a small guard that hit like 50 points, mostly from the three point line.  Your guys took advantage of the 3 starters who had played JV the previous year.  That was sad, but it was fun watching those three mature throughout the year.
[/quote]

I think this team this year handles the press better most of the groups in the past. HJ may get a turnover here and there in fast break of a turnover, but I cant imagine Nederland letting HJ score 10 in a row without some kind of score. Cunningham and K-Smith are 2 of the top players in the area and can score the basketball. Im not sure how the big guys for HJ are going to do against Kelvin down low either. And just imagine if Forney was healthy and ready to go. Nederland would pound it in the paint all night.
As you can tell, I think Nederland is going to win tonight, but it will be a good one because HJ comes to play every night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder