brownwood vs bridge port

[quote name="BIG_BOB" post="914005" timestamp="1290229081"]
Kind of out of reach though Skooter they could slack off a bit. I mean if they are that good let some of the back ups play and run the clock out just my opinion seems chicken**** to run the score up. Like I stated just an opinion im not a coach. Just seems like common courtesy.
[/quote]

I see your point Big_Bob.. but its a double edged sword at this point. Do you call the dogs off and not risk the chance of getting any of your starting players hurt? Or do you keep em going 4 quarters full speed and keep them conditioned? Its a tough call either way..but if they are as good as they are made out to be.. calling the dogs off would be the best choice. There may come a time when they will be up against a team that is out for blood just as much as a win. And a win at all cost. A win that could result in having one of thier key players out for the season. Seems like too much of a gamble for me to keep them in at all times. But, Im not the coach, so it really isn't anyones call but his. *shrugs*

I guess you could say im old fashion or something of that nature because if your that great of a team" MONSTER" no sense in showing how many points you can put on a team that is just not on the same level. Maybe some will call it competitive spirit, Ill state my opinion and call it having little or no class.

[quote name="BIG_BOB" post="914064" timestamp="1290232175"]
I guess you could say im old fashion or something of that nature because if your that great of a team" MONSTER" no sense in showing how many points you can put on a team that is just not on the same level. Maybe some will call it competitive spirit, Ill state my opinion and call it having little or no class.
[/quote]I can see your point. I can also see a team that just can't lay down to a team and just not score. Not the Lions fault the Bulls couldn't stop them. Who was at the game? Did the starters play the whole game?? I wanna hear from someone that was at the game.

Scooter, I was not at the game--but I listened to the whole game on the internet. As far as I could tell, Shipley pulled starters in the 4th quarter and played many back-ups through-out the period. During the 4th qtr. they kept the ball on the ground and kept running the clock out. The Brownwood announcers know that team really well and let you know when there is a sub in. They did not keep their foot on the gas this game, Bridgeport just couldn't stop them. Ex.  Bwd had a 95 yd. drive that only took 3 min.'s. They score very quickly.

[quote name="NDN79" post="914299" timestamp="1290270879"]
Scooter, I was not at the game--but I listened to the whole game on the internet. As far as I could tell, Shipley pulled starters in the 4th quarter and played many back-ups through-out the period. During the 4th qtr. they kept the ball on the ground and kept running the clock out. The Brownwood announcers know that team really well and let you know when there is a sub in. They did not keep their foot on the gas this game, Bridgeport just couldn't stop them. Ex.  Bwd had a 95 yd. drive that only took 3 min.'s. They score very quickly.
[/quote]Thank you. I figured he pulled the starters out.

[quote name="rollinac" post="913972" timestamp="1290227466"]
I guess Bridgeport must be hitting late and taking cheap shots.  Or maybe Brownwood just likes to run up the score...
[/quote]

I didn't buy his reasoning on running up the score last week. Even though I was there and saw several of those cheapshots, I found it disingenuous to use that as a reason to run it up. Coach Shipley has always ran the score up when he's had the chance to. He didn't get to run it up much at Coppell because he found out that playing against teams every week that had as good or better athletes than he had meant it wasn't going to happen. I'd have a bit of respect for him if he'd just come out and say he likes to run it up. I'd at least respect his honesty.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder