Top 5 Highschool Football Coaches from S. E. Texas

[quote name="Goldenoldie" post="912846" timestamp="1290174363"]
In your opinion who are your Top 5 Highschool Football Coaches from this area?

1. Alex Durley (Career not as long as some of the others)
2. Willie Ray Smith
3. Joe Washington
4. Clifton Ozen
5. Curtis Barbay/Dan Hooks (Tie)

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)
[/quote]
Seems like Doug Ethridge should be in that mix somewhere. Oh but then again, thats coming from an Indian fan!!!LOL ;D

considering Barbay is the #4 winnest coach in Texas high school Football history I would have to move him up to a least number 3, Dan hooks is a hundred or so wins behind Barbay so how can that be a tie.

[quote name="SouthArise" post="912943" timestamp="1290181473"]
considering Barbay is the #4 winnest coach in Texas high school Football history I would have to move him up to a least number 3, Dan hooks is a hundred or so wins behind Barbay so how can that be a tie.
[/quote]

because Hooks has had absolutely no talent to work with.  ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="912944" timestamp="1290181531"]
[quote author=SouthArise link=topic=76346.msg912943#msg912943 date=1290181473]
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol

[quote name="dayton" post="912944" timestamp="1290181531"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, I didnt look at who posted this until after I read it. Thought it was a certain Barbers hill poster. lol

[quote name="kicker" post="912948" timestamp="1290181774"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76346.msg912944#msg912944 date=1290181531]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, I didnt look at who posted this until after I read it. Thought it was a certain Barbers hill poster. lol
[/quote]

yikes... he must be rubbing off. :D

[quote name="Squaw1" post="913114" timestamp="1290195967"]
This is SO easy:
1. Brandon Faircloth
2. Doug Ethridge
3. Danny Malone/Matt Burnett (tie)
4. Bum Phillips
5. Dan Hooks/Curtis Barbay (tie)

Sorry about the ties; we've just had a lot of great coaches here.
[/quote]

No disrespect to BF but he jumps Etheridge and Phillips in 1 year??? ::)

[quote name="dayton" post="913127" timestamp="1290197336"]
[quote author=Squaw1 link=topic=76346.msg913114#msg913114 date=1290195967]
This is SO easy:
1. Brandon Faircloth
2. Doug Ethridge
3. Danny Malone/Matt Burnett (tie)
4. Bum Phillips
5. Dan Hooks/Curtis Barbay (tie)

Sorry about the ties; we've just had a lot of great coaches here.
[/quote]
Pretty sure she was joking! Being a Homer.

Ethridge should be in the top 5. Hooks and Barbay have to be up top as does WRSmith.

No disrespect to BF but he jumps Etheridge and Phillips in 1 year??? ::)
[/quote]

Guest bleed orange
Ed Peveto, he turned young boys into young men. Sometimes coaching is not all about wins and loses. Even though he won. He was a father figure to a young man who did not have a father. A lot of young men from Orangefield owe their lives to this man. That is why we honor him with a scholarship to Orangefield kids in his name for the last 18 years. I would say he left his mark on us. We give two a year, one to a boy and girl. The scholarship is currently at $6,000.00 a kid.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="913306" timestamp="1290215244"]
Ed Peveto, he turned young boys into young men. Sometimes coaching is not all about wins and loses. Even though he won. He was a father figure to a young man who did not have a father. A lot of young men from Orangefield owe their lives to this man. That is why we honor him with a scholarship to Orangefield kids in his name for the last 18 years. I would say he left his mark on us. We give two a year, one to a boy and girl. The scholarship is currently at $6,000.00 a kid.
[/quote]Nice

Ed Peveto, he turned young boys into young men. Sometimes coaching is not all about wins and loses. Even though he won. He was a father figure to a young man who did not have a father. A lot of young men from Orangefield owe their lives to this man. That is why we honor him with a scholarship to Orangefield kids in his name for the last 18 years. I would say he left his mark on us. We give two a year, one to a boy and girl. [b]The scholarship is currently at $6,000.00 a kid. [/b] [/quote]

wow...

[/quote]
I would have to second that.  He touched many in Coldspring in his short time here before we lost him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder