UPDATE ON THE FAIRFIELD & LA VEGA/LA VEGA WINS 42-0

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kville68" post="906099" timestamp="1289618254"]
IT is sorry to intensionaly pick a Thursday IMO. Disrespectful to fans that suport you. Its  harder for fans, players, band and students. If there is a good reason for it fine but there is no benifit to a Thursday game. All the fields 100 yards long and the Cats can win on any one of them.
[/quote]

The coaches like the Thur games because it creates a short week so the boys will stay focused and the coaches can go scout potential opponents on Friday.  Yes, it's harder for the fans but not so much to the kids that play and those in the band. 

[quote name="Lefty99" post="906162" timestamp="1289619225"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=75992.msg906099#msg906099 date=1289618254]
IT is sorry to intensionaly pick a Thursday IMO. Disrespectful to fans that suport you. Its  harder for fans, players, band and students. If there is a good reason for it fine but there is no benifit to a Thursday game. All the fields 100 yards long and the Cats can win on any one of them.
[/quote]

The coaches like the Thur games because it creates a short week so the boys will stay focused and the coaches can go scout potential opponents on Friday.  Yes, it's harder for the fans but not so much to the kids that play and those in the band. 
[/quote]

I see your point on the scouting but there are few suprises left at this point of the game. I got two teenagers in bed about 1 this morning after the buses got in and we all got home. If how our day started this morning is any indication of how the school day went for others they might as well of canceled school today. We did not have any Thursday games the last two years. Not questioning Jacks coaching just his choice of days.

Wish we would play on Friday night!!! Seems weird playing Saturday, I can handle thursdays if its not so far away, but we've been dealing with getting home late all season. Son plays 8th grade ball and anytime we played off we didnt get home til 11:45-12. Whats sad, is most teachers in HS dont give homework  knowing kids arent going to get home til late, but not jr high teachers. I know on more than one occasion we had tests the next day after getting home at midnight.

[quote name="kville68" post="906216" timestamp="1289619913"]

I see your point on the scouting but there are few suprises left at this point of the game. I got two teenagers in bed about 1 this morning after the buses got in and we all got home. If how our day started this morning is any indication of how the school day went for others they might as well of canceled school today. We did not have any Thursday games the last two years. Not questioning Jacks coaching just his choice of days.
[/quote]

It's not all on Jack as you think it.  I understand what you mean because I drove from Port Arthur to Lufkin and back to Beaumont not getting back until after midnight and had to get up and be back at work.  Both HC's have to agree on a site and date.  That's the way it worked this week and the way they are hashing it out with Le Vega's  coaches at this moment...or in a few.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder