SETXsports.com HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS - FINAL

WOSgrad

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Eagle11" post="905208" timestamp="1289574426"]
I just came across this thread.......quite entertaining........just a poll with different peoples opinions.......someone needs to make an appointment with their gyno.

[/quote]

LOL!  No.  The crisis is over.  I now understand that no 5a supporters have a vote in the deal.  Not sure why but it explains a lot.

Guest Two-Dogs...
Really Kirbyville should be in the top spot. Especially after the news I heard today. It seems that the Dallas Cowboys have re-organized their schedule and their first game is versus Kirbyville! The Wildcats are favored by 7!!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="905308" timestamp="1289580877"]
Really Kirbyville should be in the top spot. Especially after the news I heard today. It seems that the Dallas Cowboys have re-organized their schedule and their first game is versus Kirbyville! The Wildcats are favored by 7!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

For sure dallas would get outcoached.

[quote name="westend1" post="905291" timestamp="1289579396"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=75862.msg905208#msg905208 date=1289574426]
I just came across this thread.......quite entertaining........just a poll with different peoples opinions.......someone needs to make an appointment with their gyno.

[/quote]

LOL!  No.  The crisis is over.  I now understand that no 5a supporters have a vote in the deal.  Not sure why but it explains a lot.
[/quote]
Well, I nominate you Westend1 to be a 5A Representative. ;)

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="905343" timestamp="1289582887"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg905291#msg905291 date=1289579396]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm sure you, Rey would be much more unbiased.            ;)

[quote name="westend1" post="903818" timestamp="1289442287"]
Hahahhahahahah!   Brook blows out Ike.  Ike beats Dayton.  Both wind up 7-3.    C'mon guys.   Find voters who know just a little about football.
[/quote]

So Dayton blew out west orange in a scrimmage game this year come on.

[quote name="westend1" post="905347" timestamp="1289583227"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=75862.msg905343#msg905343 date=1289582887]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg905291#msg905291 date=1289579396]

[/quote]

[/quote] ;)
[/quote]

I'm sure you, Rey would be much more unbiased.             ;)
[/quote]

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="903880" timestamp="1289445600"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg903818#msg903818 date=1289442287]
Hahahhahahahah!   Brook blows out Ike.  Ike beats Dayton.  Both wind up 7-3.    C'mon guys.   Find voters who know just a little about football.
[/quote]

And Dayton is on a 7 game winning streak while the Brook is coming off of a loss.  The voters (WHICH I CHOSE) know plenty about football.

And you wonder why you are getting smited?
[/quote]

Lots of people know football.  Doesn't mean they aren't biased.  We are all biased.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="906822" timestamp="1289663313"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=75862.msg903880#msg903880 date=1289445600]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg903818#msg903818 date=1289442287]
[/quote]

And Dayton is on a 7 game winning streak while the Brook is coming off of a loss.  The voters (WHICH I CHOSE) know plenty about football.

And you wonder why you are getting smited?
[/quote]

Lots of people know football.  Doesn't mean they aren't biased.  We are all biased.
[/quote]

Yeah.  Poor choice of words on my part.  I'm sure they know football.  But as I suspected, they are mostly 3A  and 4a supporters.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="907002" timestamp="1289671409"]
Well, of course folks are going to have bias, that occurs in every poll.  But let me ask this, if you had a poll would you put a team that finished 3rd in its conference or league, would you place that team at the top of your poll?

[/quote]  I guess that depends on the poll.    What are you really polling?  If you ask me who is the best team in the area(who would be favored head-to-head),  I would go with the team that, in my opinion, had the best chance of winning.  That's the way I interpret this "ranking" system.

In other words, if two teams were playing, and you had to bet $1000.  Who would you put it on? 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="westend1" post="907023" timestamp="1289672675"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=75862.msg907002#msg907002 date=1289671409]
Well, of course folks are going to have bias, that occurs in every poll.  But let me ask this, if you had a poll would you put a team that finished 3rd in its conference or league, would you place that team at the top of your poll?

[/quote]  I guess that depends on the poll.    What are you really polling?  If you ask me who is the best team in the area(who would be favored head-to-head),   I would go with the team that, in my opinion, had the best chance of winning.  That's the way I interpret this "ranking" system.

In other words, if two teams were playing, and you had to bet $1000.  Who would you put it on?   
[/quote]

IMO, you cannot go head to head. This is a local poll. West Brook could beat some of the smaller teams even on a down year. I could say, Orangefield should be ahead of Bridge City because we beat them. To be honest I really don't care. Some of you act like this poll is a big deal. ITS A POLL created by individuals in this area. Be thankful these guys take time out of their schedule to get together and even have a poll. It is all in fun, doesn't really mean anything. This is not the AP people. I will say this Kirbyville and WOS may not win but they would give West Brook a run for their money.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="909910" timestamp="1289853779"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg907023#msg907023 date=1289672675]

[/quote]  I guess that depends on the poll.    What are you really polling?  If you ask me who is the best team in the area(who would be favored head-to-head),   I would go with the team that, in my opinion, had the best chance of winning.  That's the way I interpret this "ranking" system.

[/quote]

IMO, you cannot go head to head. This is a local poll. West Brook could beat some of the smaller teams even on a down year. I could say, Orangefield should be ahead of Bridge City because we beat them. To be honest I really don't care. Some of you act like this poll is a big deal. ITS A POLL created by individuals in this area. Be thankful these guys take time out of their schedule to get together and even have a poll. It is all in fun, doesn't really mean anything. This is not the AP people. I will say this Kirbyville and WOS may not win but they would give West Brook a run for their money.
[/quote]Maybe our JV on a down year.... ;D

Starter for starter Kirbyville and WOS could compete with West Brook.  WB might could wear them down because they have 2 and 3 deep before the talent level drops off where as K-Ville and WOS only have 1 or 2 deep at most positions. But to think that WB atheletes are just so much better simply because they are 5A is just foolish.  I would put K-Ville's and WOS's starters up against anyone in the state.  They might not win but I can guarantee you they wouldn't get blown out.

[quote name="K-Kat12" post="910162" timestamp="1289870299"]
Starter for starter Kirbyville and WOS could compete with West Brook.  WB might could wear them down because they have 2 and 3 deep before the talent level drops off where as K-Ville and WOS only have 1 or 2 deep at most positions. But to think that WB atheletes are just so much better simply because they are 5A is just foolish.  I would put K-Ville's and WOS's starters up against anyone in the state.  They might not win but I can guarantee you they wouldn't get blown out.
[/quote]
We really don't play 2's and 3's during a game...unless we're up by 30...

regardless, K'ville has a good team... 8)

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="910115" timestamp="1289867807"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75862.msg909910#msg909910 date=1289853779]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is just wrong and you know it Sarg. ;D ;D West Brook is not all that. When West Brook has a successful program in football like WOS then you can talk. That will never happen in my life time. ;D ;D

[quote name="bleed orange" post="910236" timestamp="1289873787"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=75862.msg910115#msg910115 date=1289867807]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75862.msg909910#msg909910 date=1289853779]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is just wrong and you know it Sarg. ;D ;D West Brook is not all that. When West Brook has a successful program in football like WOS then you can talk. That will never happen in my life time. ;D ;D
[/quote] ;)

Guest bleed orange
I have seen the lean years with West Brook. There was not 1000 fans in the stands. Yes, you guys are doing good right now and I am happy for you guys but I saw the lean years and it was not pretty. Remember where you came from. When your kids are gone West Brook will be a memory.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="910249" timestamp="1289874487"]
I have seen the lean years with West Brook. There was not 1000 fans in the stands. Yes, you guys are doing good right now and I am happy for you guys but I saw the lean years and it was not pretty. Remember where you came from. When your kids are gone West Brook will be a memory.
[/quote]
well hopefully we pollute Beaumont with a bunch of generations of Reyes's... :P

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="910275" timestamp="1289875431"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=75862.msg910249#msg910249 date=1289874487]
[/quote]
well hopefully we pollute Beaumont with a bunch of generations of Reyes's... :P
[/quote]

I hope not anytime soon and I know you don't also. :) :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder