SETXsports.com HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS - FINAL

WOSgrad

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="westend1" post="904229" timestamp="1289498390"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=75862.msg904168#msg904168 date=1289494003]
I mean, it's not that serious.  Also, o[b]ur pollsters are pretty diversed[/b]...
[/quote]

How many are there and what size schools do they represent?    Simple question, right?
[/quote]

There are ten posters.  One is the editor of a local paper's sports section who is also an official on Friday nights who has seen every school in the 5A-3A poll and many in the 2A-Private poll. One is the editor of a local paper who has seen most of them.  One is a broadcaster of Silsbee football who was also tabbed by KFDM to do their television broadcasts and has seen almost every team in the 5A-3A poll, including West Brook, and many of those in the 2A-Private.  Two others are broadcasters on the Vidor internet broadcast's one of whom is a graduate of PN-G and a resident of Nederland.  One is from Dayton.  One is a broadcaster of our Kirbyville broadcasts who at least works and I believe lives in Beaumont.  One is a resident of Beaumont.  One is from Orangefield. The final one, me, is a graduate of West Orange-Stark, lives in Katy and has tracked LITERALLY every score that has been made in SETX football games this year.

Now, I have answered you question.  You can answer mine, what qualifies you to question the knowledge of these ten gentlemen?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="904277" timestamp="1289499928"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg904229#msg904229 date=1289498390]
I mean, it's not that serious.  Also, o[b]ur pollsters are pretty diversed[/b]...
[/quote]

How many are there and what size schools do they represent?    Simple question, right?
[/quote]

There are ten posters.  One is the editor of a local paper's sports section who is also an official on Friday nights who has seen every school in the 5A-3A poll and many in the 2A-Private poll. One is the editor of a local paper who has seen most of them.  One is a broadcaster of Silsbee football who was also tabbed by KFDM to do their television broadcasts and has seen almost every team in the 5A-3A poll, including West Brook, and many of those in the 2A-Private.  Two others are broadcasters on the Vidor internet broadcast's one of whom is a graduate of PN-G and a resident of Nederland.  One is from Dayton.  One is a broadcaster of our Kirbyville broadcasts who at least works and I believe lives in Beaumont.  One is a resident of Beaumont.  One is from Orangefield. The final one, me, is a graduate of West Orange-Stark, lives in Katy and has tracked LITERALLY every score that has been made in SETX football games this year.

Now, I have answered you question.  You can answer mine, what qualifies you to question the knowledge of these ten gentlemen?

[/quote]  I just want to know if any voters are fans of 5A teams.  I don't see any listed, which might explain how Brook and PAM could be listed beneath obviously inferior teams.  I get Kirbyville.  great year: undefeated  OK.  But the rest has to be attributed to homerism.  Do you have one obvious Brook or PAM fan voting?    Maybe one or two guys could really believe that the top three teams could compete in 5A, but all 10?  I just think the voter pool is way skewed.   

What qualifies me?  I have watched quite a few teams from this area this year, from private up to 5a.  If anyone else was watching, they had to see the same thing I saw.  There is no comparison.  I guess thats why the UIL divides it into different categories.

[quote name="westend1" post="904288" timestamp="1289500668"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=75862.msg904277#msg904277 date=1289499928]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg904229#msg904229 date=1289498390]
I mean, it's not that serious.  Also, o[b]ur pollsters are pretty diversed[/b]...
[/quote]

How many are there and what size schools do they represent?    Simple question, right?
[/quote]

There are ten posters.  One is the editor of a local paper's sports section who is also an official on Friday nights who has seen every school in the 5A-3A poll and many in the 2A-Private poll. One is the editor of a local paper who has seen most of them.  One is a broadcaster of Silsbee football who was also tabbed by KFDM to do their television broadcasts and has seen almost every team in the 5A-3A poll, including West Brook, and many of those in the 2A-Private.  Two others are broadcasters on the Vidor internet broadcast's one of whom is a graduate of PN-G and a resident of Nederland.  One is from Dayton.  One is a broadcaster of our Kirbyville broadcasts who at least works and I believe lives in Beaumont.  One is a resident of Beaumont.  One is from Orangefield. The final one, me, is a graduate of West Orange-Stark, lives in Katy and has tracked LITERALLY every score that has been made in SETX football games this year.

Now, I have answered you question.  You can answer mine, what qualifies you to question the knowledge of these ten gentlemen?

[/quote]  I just want to know if any voters are fans of 5A teams.  I don't see any listed, which might explain how Brook and PAM could be listed beneath obviously inferior teams.  I get Kirbyville.  great year: undefeated   OK.  But the rest has to be attributed to homerism.   Do you have one obvious Brook or PAM fan voting?     Maybe one or two guys could really believe that the top three teams could compete in 5A, but all 10?  I just think the voter pool is way skewed.    

What qualifies me?   I have watched quite a few teams from this area this year, from private up to 5a.  If anyone else was watching, they had to see the same thing I saw.   There is no comparison.   I guess thats why the UIL divides it into different categories.
[/quote]

So low?  Either West Brook or Memorial occupied the top spot in the 5A-3A Poll, many times occupying the 1-2 spots in that poll.  Until they lost each lost in the last few weeks, something which the "inferior" teams ranked above them did not do.

Look, I am sorry that you are a homer for a team that was not ranked as high as you desire, but for you to dismiss this panel as a bunch of "homers" is a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black, makes you look silly and makes the folks from Ozen, Central and Memorial that takes shot at the West Side look a little more reasonable.

[quote name="westend1" post="904325" timestamp="1289502195"]
Still, are there any obvious 5A fans on the panel?  It was hard to tell from the way you sidestepped the question.
[/quote]

Oh, I answered your question, you just didn't like the answer.

But in answer to your new question, no.  There is no one that worships the Bruins or the Titans.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="904340" timestamp="1289503877"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=75862.msg904325#msg904325 date=1289502195]
Still, are there any obvious 5A fans on the panel?  It was hard to tell from the way you sidestepped the question.
[/quote]

Oh, I answered your question, you just didn't like the answer.

But in answer to your new question, no.  There is no one that worships the Bruins or the Titans.
[/quote]

Now you have answered it.  Thanks.  The two largest student bodies in the whole area, and not one voter from either one.  Huh?

Guest JoesBros
The fact of the matter is as I said before "These polls mean nothing to any team...its more for entertainment than anything esle" Secondly I can garuntee everybody that there was not one biased person who voted on these rankings each week.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="904355" timestamp="1289504912"]
Westend1, what he was saying is that Brook was #1 for a couple of weeks and so was Memorial.  Why is it urkesome that they didn't finish @ #1?  Look at my Jags.  We never broke into #1 this year, but we are district champs and are in the playoffs. 
[/quote]

Soulja, I think you know me by now.  It's not that Brook didn't finish the season #1.  But there has to be a reason that they were #4 in this panels' eyes.  You saw them play.  Who is better?

Okay, you win, westend1, here is an amended poll just to suit your tastes:

1.      West Brook
2.      Memorial
3.      West Brook 2nd string
4.      Memorial 2nd string
5.      West Brook JV
6.      Memorial JV
7.      West Brook Freshmen A
8.      West Brook Freshmen B
9.      Memorial Freshmen A
10.    Memorial Freshmen B
11.    Marshall Middle School 8th Grade A
12.    South Park Middle School 8th Grade A
13.    Edison Middle School 8th Grade A
14.    Lincoln Middle School 8th Grade A
15.    Kirbyville

There is your special amended poll as it seems to be the only one that will make you happy.

Guest JoesBros
It dosent matter if they are better then the teams ahead of them. They were #2 last week and lost so they dropped to #4. The polls are based what each team does each week.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="904364" timestamp="1289505410"]

1.      West Brook
2.      Memorial
5.      West Brook JV
6.      Memorial JV
11.    [b]Austin Middle School 8th Grade A[/b]
12.    Marshall Middle School 8th Grade A
13.    [b]King Middle School 8th Grade A[/b]
14.    South Park Middle School 8th Grade A
15.    Kirbyville

There is your special amended poll as it seems to be the only one that will make you happy.
[/quote]Those two Middle Schools feed into Central.  Those kids will not want to go to the likes of powder puff blue and lipstick red! 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="904370" timestamp="1289505662"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=75862.msg904364#msg904364 date=1289505410]

1.      West Brook
2.      Memorial
5.      West Brook JV
6.      Memorial JV
11.    [b]Austin Middle School 8th Grade A[/b]
12.    Marshall Middle School 8th Grade A
13.    [b]King Middle School 8th Grade A[/b]
14.    South Park Middle School 8th Grade A
15.    Kirbyville

[/quote]Those two Middle Schools feed into Central.  Those kids will not want to go to the likes of powder puff blue and lipstick red!  
[/quote]

Okay, I have a second amended poll that takes Austin and King out and puts Edison and Lincoln Middle Schools from PA in.  westend wouldn't want king or austin in there anyway if they feed into one of those inferior 4a schools.

Hey westend1 here is something to consider.  I looked at your complaint and put it to numbers to see if there could be a patter of the complaint you had.  This is what i came up with.  

If you was to take final top ten teams which is the poll your complaining about and take an average standing for the year.  What I did was take the top ten teams each week and give them a point based on where they was ranked.  for example  if you was ranked #1 you would get 10 points if you was ranked 10th or lower you didnt receive any points (with #2 receiving 9 points, #3 receiving 8 points....etc)

Here is where the final top ten stood!!

West Brook            117 points
Memorial                103 points
Kirbyville                  94 points
WOS                        54 points
Dayton                     50 points
Central                     50 points
PNG                          24 points
Coldspring                15 points
BHill not Diboll            1 point
Huffman                     0 points

[quote name="rykerx144" post="904458" timestamp="1289511090"]
Hey westend1 here is something to consider.  I looked at your complaint and put it to numbers to see if there could be a patter of the complaint you had.  This is what i came up with. 

If you was to take final top ten teams which is the poll your complaining about and take an average standing for the year.  What I did was take the top ten teams each week and give them a point based on where they was ranked.  for example  if you was ranked #1 you would get 10 points if you was ranked 10th or lower you didnt receive any points (with #2 receiving 9 points, #3 receiving 8 points....etc)

Here is where the final top ten stood!!

West Brook            117 points
Memorial                103 points
Kirbyville                  94 points
WOS                        54 points
Dayton                    50 points
Central                    50 points
PNG                          24 points
Coldspring                15 points
Diboll                          1 point
Huffman                    0 points

[/quote]

Man, I am glad this guy is back!

your correct aggiesarewe.  its Barbers Hill    i cant read my own writing.  LOL  i jotted down bhill and somehow when i was typing read it as diboll..  I should have known diboll was never in a top ten but its kinda of like chewing gum and walking i cant type and think at the same time. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476