Most Disappointing Season?

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="902174" timestamp="1289269028"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=75773.msg902135#msg902135 date=1289267509]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=75773.msg902132#msg902132 date=1289267426]
All the Baytown ISD schools :o
[/quote]darn shame not one Baytown school made the playoffs

heck did any make it in volleyball??
[/quote]Yet, you've got a 2-8 team in Tyler Lee that made the playoffs in D2. Whodathunkit? 4 playoff teams per district is too much. It's too watered down. But, I guess it's all part of the UIL's "No team left behind" program. They outta go back to a district champion, and the runner-up are the only two that make it. 2 teams per district, and 1 state Champion. This 2 Champions per classification is plain ridiculous. Off my soap-box now. ;D
[/quote]

I am getting blasted for some of these same remarks on another thread. I agree with you 100%. I will not waiver from my opinion. Have been preaching this for years. Great post 82.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="902044" timestamp="1289261119"]
This is easy its cleveland. Go form a district championship and multiple round playoff preformance to a 2-8 season. Plus they have one of the best de in the state. Imo they r 1 of the most talented teams to not make the playoffs in the area.
[/quote]

That DE is a big boy.. Silsbee took care of him though :P

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="902174" timestamp="1289269028"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=75773.msg902135#msg902135 date=1289267509]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=75773.msg902132#msg902132 date=1289267426]
All the Baytown ISD schools :o
[/quote]darn shame not one Baytown school made the playoffs

heck did any make it in volleyball??
[/quote]Yet, you've got a 2-8 team in Tyler Lee that made the playoffs in D2. Whodathunkit? 4 playoff teams per district is too much. It's too watered down. But, I guess it's all part of the UIL's "No team left behind" program. They outta go back to a district champion, and the runner-up are the only two that make it. 2 teams per district, and 1 state Champion. This 2 Champions per classification is plain ridiculous. Off my soap-box now. ;D
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more..A 3-7 team in the play-offs is beyond ridiculous...But the more play-off games they are the more money is brought in, and that's the name of that tune....Why don't we just skip regular season and everybody go to the play-offs,and be sure to give out participation ribbons to the losers so they don't feel left out... ;D ;D

LCM may be disappointed, but when you look where this program has come from in just 2 seasons under this coaching staff that kind of softens the blow and makes you proud of the kids and the staff. This program was on an 18 game losing streak, and didn't have enough players in the program to field a JV team the year before Coach Crouch and his staff arrived. The program was 4-6 the first season and 7-3 this season, this program is being built the right way. Disappointed about not making the playoffs yes, but also excited about the direction and the growth of the program!

[quote name="oldollie" post="903226" timestamp="1289401666"]
LCM may be disappointed, but when you look where this program has come from in just 2 seasons under this coaching staff that kinda of softens the blow and makes you proud of the kids and the staff. This program was on an 18 game losing streak, and didn't have enough players in the program to field a JV team the year before Coach Crouch and his staff arrived. The program was 4-6 the first season and 7-3 this season, this program is being built the right way. Disappointed about not making the playoffs yes, but also excited about the direction and the growth of the program!
[/quote]

Good post.  LCM will be back next year and will be a force. Best of luck to the Bears!  You guys have worked hard.

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="HardHitter" post="903244" timestamp="1289402444"]
Where are all the Limberton fans......I'm disappointed with the Raiders..
[/quote]

I don't think the Raiders were a disappointment at all. They did exactly what everyone thought they would do, lose!

North Forrest w/1 of the largest 4a enrollments and the struggle continues.I don't think they won 1 dist.game in 19-4a.This team made the 2008 playoffs and school officials left w/alot of the money.P4E stated last yr.in a jr.high girls basketball game Dayton loaned NF girls their second set of uniform tops as they had tee shirts w/duct tape #'s.Sad times but hoping somebody gets them back on track.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I would definitely have to say LCM majorly but i'm think ozen because with the talent they had throughout their team they could've been up there with central and PNG but they just couldn't get it together as a team. IMO it was a lack of chemistry and (dare i say) a lack of coaching that hurt them.

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="903280" timestamp="1289404618"]
[quote author=HardHitter link=topic=75773.msg903244#msg903244 date=1289402444]
Where are all the Limberton fans......I'm disappointed with the Raiders..
[/quote]

I don't think the Raiders were a disappointment at all. They did exactly what everyone thought they would do, lose!
[/quote]
Nice and Classy of you

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin