Liberty V. Coldspring? Coldspring Wins/Comments

[quote name="DW35" post="897392" timestamp="1288976633"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=75515.msg897239#msg897239 date=1288965511]
[quote author=Fishingislife link=topic=75515.msg897233#msg897233 date=1288965065]
Wow! Get beat by huntington by 4 tds and make the playoffs!
[/quote]

Totally ridiculous...
[/quote]

I would say that Liberty is much improved. Splendora beat Huntington, then turned around and lost to Liberty 49-28. That said, Coldsprings defense will handle Liberty, and Liberty doesn't have that great of a defense. But you never know...
[/quote]

splendora is notoriously hot/cold...

improved or not, dont see this being anything close to a game...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="donald3633" post="897726" timestamp="1288998720"]
Being conservative,Coldspring by 30,Havent seen Liberty improving any,only playing less talented teams.Ive said it once,Ill say it again,Liberty has some good talent but thier coach is lacking in more ways than just coaching.Dont know if Coldspring will run up the score but pay backs a %$&^%.
[/quote]

Pay Back?

[quote name="donald3633" post="898406" timestamp="1289012817"]
Little pimple,you havent got a clue,when you get kids of your own then someday you'll understand.
[/quote]

Theres nothing worse than a condesending old man without two brain cells to smack together. I've been on my own since I was 17. Nice try though. Better luck next time. How long did it take you to learn how to operate the computer?

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="donald3633" post="898406" timestamp="1289012817"]
Little pimple,you havent got a clue,when you get kids of your own then someday you'll understand.
[/quote]

;D

Ok let’s not get personal here.

In my opinion from what I have seen - and I have only met Coach Deel 1 time as my son played for Coach Stewart - is that Coach Deel does not piss enough people off - mostly parents but also the players.

Coaches have to instill a want to win, a want to be the best, a want to beat the player across the line of scrimmage from them on every play.  If they are not willing to do that find someone that will.  This is what I do not see in Liberty's team under this coach.  Everything that I have heard about him from the players and people that are closer to him is that he is a good guy and knows football and teaches the basics well.  But I do not see the killer instinct that all the "good" teams have.

In other words I am saying that his teams look to be soft and it shows on Friday night.  I am one of the few that hated to see Coach Stewart leave Liberty - the Panthers might not have been the best team on the field but never or rarely never did we get out hustled on the field.  The major exception to that was the WOS game of 2006 – we got out played, out hustled and out playered (i.e. better players).

Guest jhamilton
Ha ha you guys are to funny...."a killer instict"? What is that? You want a coach that is a mass murderer? This coach walked into a mess from whati seen. I saw liberty early and to come this far is comendable in my opinion. What's the matter your kid on the bench? Do something with your time other than wasting out time with your BS.

Beechnut - yeah you are kinda funny.

First I do not have a dog in this hunt - if you would read - my son played several years ago.  Also, never said anything bad about the coach except I felt he did not install toughness into his players and I will stand by that.  Never mentioned any of the players but you had to try and insult me through my son.  Good try but he was a 2 year unanimous choice All District.

As for the BS - I guess the "mess" this guy walked into turned into the 55-7 loss yesterday, the 54-21 loss to a great Huntington team (2-8), the 56-7 spanking from Huffman and Oh yeah the close game against Hardin. 

I guess I have to remind you that the “mess” this guy walked into was 11 of the last 12 years they made the playoffs before him.  In those 12 seasons never had a losing season and the worst was 5-5 – wait the same record as this coach.  But I guess we will just not mention the previous 2 years and those records.

Guest jhamilton
You are calling a coach out behind a screen name on a forum and you are worried about being insulted? Cant have it both ways OT. Your team  got better as the year went on so be happy and stop acting like you are in a crabby old man. If you dont like it run for skewl board and fire the man and stop wussing out by doing it here. Proud of the Liberty football team and their coaching staff for a good year. Sorry you have a CRABBY OLD MAN to contend with.

OldTimer's son could have played college ball if he wanted to. He lettered, and was a leader, in three sports. He played both sides of the ball on friday nights. He was someone I looked up to, not only because we played the same positions but because he knew how to play. So lets just get that clear.

And I can say that the practices under Deel where most definetly different than under Stewart. Practice under Stewart was hard. You had to give it your all every day. I can say that the harderst practice under Deel wouldn't even count as an easy day with Stewart. This definetely contributes to the win-loss columns at the end of the year.

Agian - never said he should be fired - just that this teams are not tough - physical - strong - use any term that you wish.  Also, just cause your a coach does not make you right about everything football related.  You must have an interest to be offended by me calling the Liberty team not tough.  If they play this week better than they have agianst any team WITH A WINNING RECORD - I will withdraw my comment.

Also Beechnut I did not call you out - you called me out.  I also never said I was not proud of the Liberty team or its players - as always I think they did the most with what they had.  But the facts remain they have not played or competed well agianst quality teams - and I think a lot of that if due to toughness - or lack there of.  I never said anything bad about the caoch except the toughness part - and you then called me out by stating that my opinion is BS.  Take it as you wish but you seem kinda touchy.

Pantherfan - thanks - son talks highly of you as well.

im not a big stewart fan but i cant lie practices were def. hard... never had one under deel. this team def. doesn't have the amount of all around talent we had in the day, however have you seen their offensive potential. 6-7 qb... beast at reciever who's 15 with over 1000 all-purpose... juss sayin watch for them n the future

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="900210" timestamp="1289104819"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=75515.msg900125#msg900125 date=1289098921]
all 9 quote of the decade;Libadee has played in 1 tuff dist ;D ??? ::)
[/quote]

Ya Mr. B doesn't know what hes talking about. He also said that Liberty had to beat Coldspring to get into the playoffs.
[/quote]

Good luck Panthers.

I agree with Dreski - Liberty in 2 - 3 years might be really good - the soph. QB has had his moments and if he continues to improve they have 2 years with an experienced Qb at the Helm. The fact that he is 6'5" - I think that 6'7" is a stretch - but he is a tall one.  They also have several other young players that will also help over the next year or two.  Need to find a replacement for he RB - we will see who takes that challenge.  Also the JV and Fresnman have had good seasons - sll spells good things for the future.  Lets all hope that the get it together and make a deep run in the playoffs - say in a year or two.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder