what year was it that wo-s and liberty meet

skipper

[quote name="fisherman45" post="902633" timestamp="1289332144"]
was not shut down AT ALL. but did have a 5'4 soph. gaurding him.
i forget his name but he was a hardnosed football player
[/quote]

I honestly don't remember him having more than 3 or 4 catches..although, he might have had a few rushing TD's. I know for sure the kickoff return.

Man lets not make it worse than it was - the final score was 60 - 0. 

I have the Liberty game film the coach gave me and it is depressing as a Liberty fan to watch - Earl Thomas ran the opending kick off back for a touchdown and he played WR and RB during the game as well as defense.  He did have 4 touchdowns - but none receiving just running and the kickoff return.  He did not have many catches - cause they didn't need to pass.  But it seemed like he was in on every play on offense and defense - all we heard was Earl Thomas gained 10 yeards - Earl Thomas on the tackle - and Earl Thomas scores - made for a long night.  And the sad part is they had a lot of other good players as well.  The defense had the best team tackling  and speed that we had faced - well in my sons 3 years as a varsity starter.

One of the most one sided games I have ever witnessed - and believe it or not Liberty really was not that bad - WOS just exposed the weaknesses that Liberty was able to cover all year.  Hell Liberty had a 5'10" 185 pound defensive tackle that lead the team in tackles - he was hurt the WOS game - but would have been shoved around all evening like the rest of the team was.

It was sad that some good players from the Liberty side had to lose their final game that way.  But WOS was just good and I mean all around good.

[quote name="dayton" post="897406" timestamp="1288978091"]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=75463.msg897399#msg897399 date=1288977442]
The game was in pasadena and it was earl's senior year because he returned the opening kickoff for a td and the final was 70-0!
[/quote]

UIL site has it at 60-0 ... you may wanna get them to change it.  ;)

http://www2.uiltexas.org/athletics/archives/football/playoff_brackets/06_07/index.html

scroll down to region 3.
[/quote]

No kidding.  Can't mess up one of those pre-selected periods of time they love to quote stats from.  ;D ;D

[quote name="OldTimer" post="902709" timestamp="1289338013"]
He did have 4 touchdowns - but none receiving just running and the kickoff return.  [/quote]

When I posted about Earl having 4 touchdowns I looked up the old newspaper article (I admit...I am bored).  He had 1 KO return, 2 rec (23 and 28 yds), and 1 rushing...according to the paper.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="902749" timestamp="1289341538"]
[quote author=OldTimer link=topic=75463.msg902709#msg902709 date=1289338013]
He did have 4 touchdowns - but none receiving just running and the kickoff return.  [/quote]

When I posted about Earl having 4 touchdowns I looked up the old newspaper article (I admit...I am bored).  He had 1 KO return, 2 rec (23 and 28 yds), and 1 rushing...according to the paper.
[/quote]

This is odd. Either way Liberty lost 60-0..

Ok #1Stangfan - you just made an old man cry agian  :( - pulled out the old CD and watched the 2006 game agian.

And dangit the outcome was the same - has not changed in all these years.  I stand corrected two of Earl's TD's were pass completions - in my defense one was a swing pass that was really no more that a lateral - but it was still a pass.  You are correct.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="902738" timestamp="1289339805"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=75463.msg897406#msg897406 date=1288978091]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=75463.msg897399#msg897399 date=1288977442]
The game was in pasadena and it was earl's senior year because he returned the opening kickoff for a td and the final was 70-0!
[/quote]

UIL site has it at 60-0 ... you may wanna get them to change it.  ;)

http://www2.uiltexas.org/athletics/archives/football/playoff_brackets/06_07/index.html

scroll down to region 3.
[/quote]

No kidding.  Can't mess up one of those pre-selected periods of time they love to quote stats from.   ;D ;D
[/quote]

Yeah, we'll always have statisticians from our school reminding you of the details.  In fact, we even keep track of the non-official stats like the two scrimmages where BH was run over by WO-S.  Remember those?  Or.....were you able to watch the game at all?  I mean......unless you're sitting on someone's shoulders, you probably couldn't see anything, right Jody? 

[quote name="OldTimer" post="902881" timestamp="1289352816"]
Ok #1Stangfan - you just made an old man cry agian  :( - pulled out the old CD and watched the 2006 game agian.

And dangit the outcome was the same - has not changed in all these years.   I stand corrected two of Earl's TD's were pass completions - in my defense one was a swing pass that was really no more that a lateral - but it was still a pass.  You are correct.

[/quote]

Like I said...I was bored.  You must have been bored also to watch that game!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder