Lamar to play Red-White scrimmage on Thursday

Saw on the news that for the white team it was all Tremel. He had 31 points and led all scorers. The black team was led by Vicenzo and Coy both with 21. Brandon Davis had 11 with 3 three pointers. Also they made several comments about how they actually hit 3s which is an area they really needed to improve.

Can't tell you who is going to start as they are all pretty even at each position. But, they are going to be fun to watch and the rotation will be at least 10-12 deep. So, I see us playing a very fast up-tempo game and playing a lot of players.

Heck, the best player on the team hasn't even scrimmaged yet. I watched Mike James during halftime do a little 3 point shooting and he hit like 9 out of 10. Then he hit about 17 out of 20 and that was shooting with brace on his left wrist.

Once healthy, I don't see them being able to keep him on the bench.

Tremell really looked good last night. Heck, Coy Custer dunked the ball! Then he hit a 3 pointer. He has really improved IMO.

That was some funny stuff. Coy throws one down and lets out this howl as he was foul in the act! Starts chest bumping his teammates and the crowd just cracked up! He looked better than in past years.

Adams looked very good. Big strong gaurd. About 6'3" and 210. He shot well from all over the floor and he didn't turn the ball over!!

Davis is a long rangey threat from outside. He hit 50% from outside, but his misses just rimmed out. He has a sweet stroke and pretty quick trigger. He and Lamb also hooked up on a pretty sweet ally oop with Lamb getting the assist.

Lamb is fast, but didn't shoot very well, especially from the line. But when he got the ball in the open court he blew by everyone!

Nelson will take up the slack of Nabors and Sanders. He has a better mid range game then those guys and goes to the basket very strong. He is also has better ball handling skills then those two, but he may not be as good down low.

Brazier looked strong. Still unsure about what he will bring, but we need help down low. The rest of the post players are a work in progress with Harris being the most impressive. Harris looked better than a true Freshman, but not ready for primetime.

Milk Harris looked about the same. Still has no outside game and had trouble finishing, but he is quick and can get to the basket. With our new outside threats his ability to get to the hole and dish outside to those guys should lead to some open looks which these guys will knock down.

Harper looked better. Gotta stay healthy.

The James shoot around at halftime was impressive. Not known as a big deep threat, but he was knocking down uncontested three after three!

This team is way better than last years. Dare I say they have better talent then the Sanders Dawkins DHop Todd group. Just gotta parley it into W's

LAZEEK....if you leave ANY gamers early this year it will be because we are ahead by so many points......that is considering our out of conference strength of schedule...or should I say lack of S.O.S.  I have also heard that Roc said James is our best player.  Like everyone else I expected Lamb to be a pure shooter but after watching 2 scrimmages thats not the case.  Last nite Rock did use a 17 sec. shot clock.  They practiced before the game a then ran a fast pace game.  No one looked out of shape.  It sure showed that Davis & Lamb have played together.  If you didn't see Adams on the news the other nite make the half court shot with his back to the basket.  I heard he made it but the news man didn't catch it on tape so he made the second shot with cameras rolling.....talk about a quick release Adams has that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder