*BREAKING NEWS/LCM with possible ineligible player*

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="881315" timestamp="1287543221"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=74713.msg881302#msg881302 date=1287542970]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=74713.msg881295#msg881295 date=1287542717]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=74713.msg881260#msg881260 date=1287542134]
THIS SHOULD PROBABLY JUST BE LOCKED..
[/quote]

Why, people ripped on Nederland and Larry Neumann for 2 weeks after a kid quit and tried to go to PNG.....What is the difference with the Port Arthur butt wipe reporting something and KFDM?
[/quote]well.......he kinda has a point. IMO
[/quote]If you're going to talk about a HS it has to be PAM....board rules!...paragraph 3,  subchapter 9,  #7,  line D... ;D
[/quote]LCM would beat weak brooke

now back to the topic  8)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="luvublue" post="881353" timestamp="1287544669"]
word i got is that they have been watching him all year. Have pictures and video for the last 3 months. how do you explain this
[/quote]

we're supposed to beleive the word of a 2 post not even freshman?  Yeaaahhhhh...riigghht.

Common sense is this...if the kid transferred, why wouldn't the paperwork be in order?  Paperwork that is within the rules?  After all, we have a coach at LC-M who coached for years with Coach Hooks.  I don't see Coach Hooks throwing Coach Crouch under the bus, especially since the kid allegedly is not transferring for athletic purposes.  The more I write, the more I convince myself this is a sour grapes, pot stirring, wannabe trying to make their life more meaningful by TRYING to bring others down by making a false accusation.  

[quote name="wosmustang2009" post="881250" timestamp="1287541884"]
I played with the kid. He got in trouble and left for lcm. His picture not even in the program.
[/quote]

athletic purposes or education purposes

Are his parents divorced or separated? If they are just separated then he is ineligible according to UIL rules.
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/constitution/uil-ccr-subchapter-m.pdf
Look at section 442 & 440

It says that if the parents are separated, if one parent remains in the
attendance zone where the student has been attending school, the student’s residence is
presumed to be that of the parent who did not move.
(2) If a student transfers to a new school with a separated (but not divorced) parent, the
student is ineligible for one calendar year.

[quote name="tigerbait12" post="881434" timestamp="1287548897"]
it does not matter if the kid lives in LCM. if you leave a school and go to another for athletic reasons you have to sit out a year and since he was with WOS as of May i think its safe to say thats not a year
[/quote]

i was wondering about this point.  I have no beef here either way but knew that you couldn't move for athletic purposes but I am sure that is pretty easy to get around in a case where a parent lives in the district the child moves into.

Does anyone know if the parents are separated or legally divorced? This makes a difference. If they are legally divorced and Hooks signed the waiver, then he is eligible. If they are just separated, then he is  ineligible according to UIL rules  (Section 442).

Read the rules on the UIL website:
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/constitution/uil-ccr-subchapter-m.pdf

(g) SEPARATED PARENTS.
(1) If a student’s parents separate (and are not divorced), and if one parent remains in the
attendance zone where the student has been attending school, the student’s residence is
presumed to be that of the parent who did not move.
(2) If a student transfers to a new school with a separated (but not divorced) parent, the
student is ineligible for one calendar year