what is goin on at ozen?

Ozen is improved and has some good players. They just don't have the wins to show for it.
I don't understand why they can't get a play off within 25 seconds. If Nelson can't come up with a play in time then he should hire an offensive coordinator. Maybe pulling double duty as head coach and OC is too much for him.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="880545" timestamp="1287499506"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=74663.msg880456#msg880456 date=1287493209]
They almost beat a weak opponent in overtime.   ;D ;D
[/quote]
No you didn't :D You better be concerned about your coach, uniforms, and trying to win in 4A. ;D
[/quote]

Waiting on playoffs.  Be it Ozen, Central (and their one fan), Livingston, Lumberton, etc........  ;D ;D 

[quote name="dayton" post="880542" timestamp="1287499402"]
[quote author=Zoneblock link=topic=74663.msg880538#msg880538 date=1287498882]
If they was in BH district they would go to the play-offs as the 2nd place team behind dayton.
[/quote]

nah....

[b]Maybe[/b] 3rd behind Dayton and Crosby.
[/quote]

nah....
Ozen played us closer than Crosby has the last two years in a row.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="880645" timestamp="1287504789"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=74663.msg880542#msg880542 date=1287499402]
[quote author=Zoneblock link=topic=74663.msg880538#msg880538 date=1287498882]
If they was in BH district they would go to the play-offs as the 2nd place team behind dayton.
[/quote]

nah....

[b]Maybe[/b] 3rd behind Dayton and Crosby.
[/quote]

nah....
Ozen played us closer than Crosby has the last two years in a row.
[/quote]

later in the season... makes a big diff. IMO

As well as Ozen's overall familiarity with you guys... new coach or not.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="880456" timestamp="1287493209"]
[/quote]

I thought Barbers Hill won last week?

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="bh89-2" post="880456" timestamp="1287493209"]
[/quote] 

You like to stir the pot no doubt. ;D ;D

I agree, Arthur Louis was indeed the best Coach in Ozen's school history. Where have those days gone ? The program is suffering and will continue to do so,if they don't get it together soon.

Athletes with D-1 potential will transfer to Central and WB respectively, where winning is a tradition and losing is unacceptable. Ozen needs to win out their last three games, just to change the complex of their football program. 3-0 vs 0-3 in the next few weeks will be a lot more impressive.

Their Freshman and JV squads have experienced a lot more success this year. If this type of success is to continue,changes must be made. LOSING IS CONTAGIOUS,JUST AS WINNING. It applies to all level of Sports and Life in general.

Arthur Lewis, as much as I like the guy, was not, I repeat, was not the best coach @Ozen.  He was 0-6 vs. Mid County despite putting out on average of 6 D1 players per year because he didn't worry about, emphaisize(sp), focus on, defense.  Total wins, best coach goes to Brooks period, end of discussion.  Whenever Ozen gets a coach who emphasises defense and scraps the Spread O, Ozen will win more consistantly.  Until then, they will wallow in underacheivement.  And for the record, I like and respect Coach Nelson but he's under the Spread O spell also....

[quote name="SFA85" post="881996" timestamp="1287604765"]
Arthur Lewis, as much as I like the guy, was not, I repeat, was not the best coach @Ozen.  He was 0-6 vs. Mid County despite putting out on average of 6 D1 players per year because he didn't worry about, emphaisize(sp), focus on, defense.  Total wins, best coach goes to Brooks period, end of discussion.  Whenever Ozen gets a coach who emphasises defense and scraps the Spread O, Ozen will win more consistantly.  Until then, they will wallow in underacheivement.  And for the record, I like and respect Coach Nelson but he's under the Spread O spell also....
[/quote]

Now 85, you know you said the same thing about memorial and xbox before you bailed on them. And besides I did not see much defense the other night against PNG.

[quote name="SFA85" post="881996" timestamp="1287604765"]
Arthur Lewis, as much as I like the guy, was not, I repeat, was not the best coach @Ozen.  He was 0-6 vs. Mid County despite putting out on average of 6 D1 players per year because he didn't worry about, emphaisize(sp), focus on, defense.  Total wins, best coach goes to Brooks period, end of discussion.  Whenever Ozen gets a coach who emphasises defense and scraps the Spread O, Ozen will win more consistantly.  Until then, they will wallow in underacheivement.  And for the record, I like and respect Coach Nelson but he's under the Spread O spell also....
[/quote]

I like your use of Mid-County as your measuring stick. Must be important.  8)

[quote name="baddog" post="882025" timestamp="1287608314"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=74663.msg881996#msg881996 date=1287604765]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Its so obvious he hates mid county.... :D :D :D :D

[quote name="Roughrider" post="882027" timestamp="1287608379"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=74663.msg882025#msg882025 date=1287608314]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=74663.msg881996#msg881996 date=1287604765]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Its so obvious he hates mid county.... :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

He can't help it, he hates us all.  ;D ;D  He did use very good punctuation for a pine wood beatle.  ;D ;D

Well Central dropped to 4A and didn't let MC schools run roughshot over them.  Just comparing coaching records.  Brooks by a wide margin was best.  Just couldn't deal with the high expectations from the Pear.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder