what is goin on at ozen?

[quote name="bh89-2" post="880456" timestamp="1287493209"]
They almost beat a weak opponent in overtime.   ;D ;D
[/quote]

Has Barbers Hill ever beat PN-G in football?  just curiuos?

[quote name="SFA85" post="882182" timestamp="1287618393"]
Well Central dropped to 4A and didn't let MC schools run roughshot over them.  Just comparing coaching records.  Brooks by a wide margin was best.  Just couldn't deal with the high expectations from the Pear.....
[/quote]

Hard to compare Ozen when Lewis was there and Central when they dropped from 5A to 4A because Ozen was a brand new high school and Lewis started a brand new football program from scratch. Now he did have the several D1 athletes but he also made the playoffs and that is when they were only taking 3 schools. I just know that since he left, they have not done a whole lot of winning regaurdless of their offensive style.

And after watching thier QB the other night,they still have D1 athletes. I know you are not a big fan of the spread but that kid was built to run it. He is pretty impressive.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="882191" timestamp="1287618774"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=74663.msg882182#msg882182 date=1287618393]
Well Central dropped to 4A and didn't let MC schools run roughshot over them.  Just comparing coaching records.  Brooks by a wide margin was best.  Just couldn't deal with the high expectations from the Pear.....
[/quote]

Hard to compare Ozen when Lewis was there and Central when they dropped from 5A to 4A because Ozen was a brand new high school and Lewis started a brand new football program from scratch. Now he did have the several D1 athletes but he also made the playoffs and that is when they were only taking 3 schools. I just know that since he left, they have not done a whole lot of winning regaurdless of their offensive style.

And after watching thier QB the other night,they still have D1 athletes. I know you are not a big fan of the spread but that kid was built to run it. He is pretty impressive.
[/quote]

The Brooks years, Ozen either won or tied for first in a district which included PN-G, WO-S, Nederland, and Silsbee. Only the 2nd year which they lost to PN-G, Ned, and WO-S, they stayed home.  Ozen opened with higher expectations while Central's expectations were low being they were losing to WO-S while in 5A with regularity.  And to Central's credit, they have had coaching changes if not more than Ozen, and all but 1 made the playoffs with Stowers going 4 rounds deep.....

I just want to let all of you so called ESPN analystic experts know a few facts about "The Arthur Louis Years" 1. He started a new program 2. He was a first time head coach 2. He went to the play-offs his first year 3. He had only Jr's & Soph's his first yr (play-offs) 4. Only 3 teams went to play-offs 5. He went to play-offs each yr 6. His teams were the MOST Disciplined OZEN teams EVER 7. Sent more D-1 kids to college than the FASFA program.. Arthur Louis built a football program that hasnt done much since he left period.

[quote name="SFA85" post="882182" timestamp="1287618393"]
Well Central dropped to 4A and didn't let MC schools run roughshot over them.  Just comparing coaching records.  Brooks by a wide margin was best.  Just couldn't deal with the high expectations from the Pear.....
[/quote]

Mid County is the measuring stick....gotta love it.

How many 5A schools drop in classification and let 4A schools run roughshot over them? Please enlighten me on that statement. Shouldn't all Beaumont schools be 5A with the magnet tag? You change athletes like people change their underwear.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont