HJ/Silsbee district games

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="872221" timestamp="1286815778"]
I nominate stevenash as site's most sarcastic poster.

HJ should be proud. ::)
[/quote]

Only those who are successful purveyors in  the art of sarcasm are qualified to offer an opinion.  In this case, the opinions of Dove and AAW are duly recognized .  Sometimes, these types of efforts are know as "illustrating absurdity by being absurd".  There are a number of posters here, though, who have read the post to which you refer and feel that it is pretty accurate.  One more thing:  Are AAW and Dove suggesting that they do not use sarcasm on this board?

I am not suggesting that I do not use sarcasm on this site, can't speak for Dove though.

I am saying that stevenash uses sarcasm the most on this site, that's why I said "most sarcastic" poster.

I guess now I can label stevenash the most "absurd" poster as well. ("accurate absurdity" at it's finest)

Duel crowns, you wear it well. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="872076" timestamp="1286807465"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=74271.msg872069#msg872069 date=1286807140]
the district makes the district schedule not the coaches

"new district" due to realignment so that means a new district schedule
[/quote]

This is correct. But you would think that since the district consists of the same schools that the district committee could just keep the status quo. ;)
[/quote]AAW, Orangefield is the District Chair and has been for quite awhile. Maybe someone over there could shed some light on the change.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="872317" timestamp="1286822843"]
I am not suggesting that I do not use sarcasm on this site, can't speak for Dove though.

I am saying that stevenash uses sarcasm the most on this site, that's why I said "most sarcastic" poster.

I guess now I can label stevenash the most "absurd" poster as well. ("accurate absurdity" at it's finest)

Duel crowns, you wear it well. ;D
[/quote]

Please change that to most illustrative absurd poster.

[quote name="Tiger05" post="874453" timestamp="1287063879"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=74271.msg873691#msg873691 date=1286947290]
Yates will not be as good as last year and Silsbee still doesn't come close to competing with Yates this year. I doubt if Yates want to play Ozen.  Ozen just doesn't have the product to compete on that level.
[/quote]

If Yates wanted the best challenge in SETX and had to pick between - Silsbee & Ozen

They would be better off playing Silsbee
[/quote] Why schedule the best in SETX when they can schedule the best in Texas, Oklahoma, New York, etc, etc?  8)

[quote name="Tiger05" post="874453" timestamp="1287063879"]
Yates will not be as good as last year and Silsbee still doesn't come close to competing with Yates this year. I doubt if Yates want to play Ozen.  Ozen just doesn't have the product to compete on that level.
[/quote]

If Yates wanted the best challenge in SETX and had to pick between - Silsbee & Ozen

[/quote]

Tiger05 I agree Silsbee has tons of talent, but more than Ozen???  I think not!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="874489" timestamp="1287066305"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=74271.msg874453#msg874453 date=1287063879]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Tiger05 I agree Silsbee has tons of talent, but more than Ozen???  I think not!!!
[/quote]Another reason why I will never pay attention to your basketball knowledge  ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="874656" timestamp="1287079247"]
Saying Silsbee has as much talent as Ozen is like saying that HF has as much as HJ....... ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Grrrrr! Dear God! Please continue to grant me the patience and wisdom as we (HF) load up and prepare to make a serious challenge for the district title in 2011 and advance into the playoffs. The 10-year cycle is about to end as we continue to seek your guidance and put away the false figure-heads who have been holding the district captive for the past several years, with their false prophets. Amen!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="875242" timestamp="1287151485"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=74271.msg874656#msg874656 date=1287079247]
Saying Silsbee has as much talent as Ozen is like saying that HF has as much as HJ....... ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Grrrrr! Dear God! Please continue to grant me the patience and wisdom as we (HF) load up and prepare to make a serious challenge for the district title in 2011 and advance into the playoffs. The 10-year cycle is about to end as we continue to seek your guidance and put away the false figure-heads who have been holding the district captive for the past several years, with their false prophets. Amen!
[/quote]

Excuse me Dove, but there is nothing false about existing records.  As much as you would like to predict success for HF, you cannot rewrite history and convince anyone (let alone yourself) that HJ has been less than sterling as a basketball team.  I would also like access to the "documented research" that says there is any such thing as 10 year cycles in high school basketball. 

[quote name="Tiger05" post="880476" timestamp="1287494547"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=74271.msg874489#msg874489 date=1287066305]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=74271.msg874453#msg874453 date=1287063879]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Hello!!!!   This is 2011 not 2003   ::) ::) ::)

Ozen does not have Perkins anymore

Yes Silsbee has more talent than Ozen....
Silsbee had more talent last year in which Silsbee beat Ozen 60-40
Silsbee also has more talent this year also

If you disagree list the Ozen roster and give me an explanation of who would line up against who and why they have more talent…..

Here I will help you out and give you the probable Silsbee line up:

DC Stallworth
Xavier Harris
Prentice Lane
Kelton Gaines
Tommie or Ronald Barrett

[/quote]Tiger05, some people have trouble hearing the truth. But you are correct about Ozen.

This year, overall talent from top to bottom, I would say Ozen has more than Silsbee.

Now, that doesn't mean that Ozen has the better team and would beat Silsbee this year. But talent wise, after the top 2-3 players on each team, Ozen has more.

I still say that Silsbee's Stallworth and Lane are top 5 players in this area, but overall, Ozen has more talent, this year.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="880481" timestamp="1287495015"]
This year, overall talent from top to bottom, I would say Ozen has more than Silsbee.

Now, that doesn't mean that Ozen has the better team and would beat Silsbee this year. But talent wise, after the top 2-3 players on each team, Ozen has more.

I still say that Silsbee's Stallworth and Lane are top 5 players in this area, but overall, Ozen has more talent, this year.
[/quote]

That is my point exactly.......thanks AAW!!!!!!

[quote name="Tiger05" post="880546" timestamp="1287499567"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=74271.msg880520#msg880520 date=1287497817]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=74271.msg880481#msg880481 date=1287495015]

[/quote]

That is my point exactly.......[b]thanks AAW!!!!!![/b][/quote]

Seems like there’s a
You rub my back I’ll rub on yours thing going on  :D :D :D

[/quote]

Far from it............

[quote name="Tiger05" post="880553" timestamp="1287499871"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=74271.msg880533#msg880533 date=1287498746]
It don't matter if you can't win with talent.
[/quote]
I guess thats what happend last year when Ozen played Silsbee
from what everybody else thinks
[/quote]

Last year was last year. Ozen lost one significant player from last year's team, they still have their top 3 scorers back from last year. Silsbee lost both starting '6"7 posts and their leading scorer in Hill.

I still like Silsbee's chances of beating Ozen, but as far as talent is concerned, got to go with Ozen this year.

Tiger05, not watching anyone's back. Just calling it like I see it. You may need to take those maroon colored glasses off. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298