South Alabama has never lost a football game

[quote name="Raider88" post="873656" timestamp="1286940888"]
Johnson is a good athlete but I dont know about QB. We need a big, smart, mobile QB for the furture. HMMMM any of those out there.
[/quote]

You are kidding right!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="873727" timestamp="1286972855"]
If it is a current, recent QB who could still potentially play... former West Hardin star Tyler Copeland?

Unless you were taking Brian Bell or Tyrik Rollison, do not think anything else would resonate with the Bearkat faithful. Sounds like typical Lamar over-hype job here.
[/quote]

Bearkat faithful?  All 10 of them?

If it is a current, recent QB who could still potentially play... former West Hardin star Tyler Copeland?

Unless you were taking Brian Bell or Tyrik Rollison, do not think anything else would resonate with the Bearkat faithful. Sounds like typical Lamar over-hype job here.
[/quote]

Sad you would bring a kids name in to this that has nothing to do with it.  Hide and watch ;)

[quote name="sleepy" post="873750" timestamp="1286974563"]Sad you would bring a kids name in to this that has nothing to do with it.  Hide and watch ;) [/quote]

This is all very entertaining to say the least bit. This really has the sounds of a typical overhyped Lamar scheme to tout a whole bunch of nothing... is HoopScoop or whatever that web site is/was involved?

[quote name="coachacola" post="873747" timestamp="1286974371"]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=74245.msg873727#msg873727 date=1286972855]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sorry Coach but you miscounted.  The two guys in the orange jumpers were not fans.  They were shackled to two DOC guys and forced to go.  They were told it would help them at the parole board hearing.    ;D

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="873875" timestamp="1286984810"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=74245.msg873747#msg873747 date=1286974371]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=74245.msg873727#msg873727 date=1286972855]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sorry Coach but you miscounted.  The two guys in the orange jumpers were not fans.  They were shackled to two DOC guys and forced to go.  They were told it would help them at the parole board hearing.    ;D
[/quote]
:o

[quote name="HouTexan" post="873848" timestamp="1286981601"]
South Alabama Coach on the game with Lamar:

http://boxscorenews.com/south-alabama-jaguar-football-previews-road-contest-at-lamar-p4613-68.htm
[/quote]Thanks for bringing this back to South Alabama.  This is the first road in the history of their program, in game 14.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="873648" timestamp="1286940604"]
Is it.... Jeremy Johnson:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10228/1080464-100.stm
[/quote]

That article was from back in August. JJ is still at WVU, suiting out every game.

As for him not being a QB, that's laughable. Recruiting services had him listed as a top 10 nationally ranked dual threat QB. He was recruited by the likes of WVU, Baylor, Michigan, TCU, and others for the QB position.

Will he be down this week at the Lamar game?

Hmmmmmmm........

[/quote]

You are joking right, TT? If he couldn't make it at SHSU I highly doubt all of these posters would be this excited to see a possible transfer from SHSU.

Myself, I have no idea who it is. Just glad to have Derrick Hall in the fold and if this QB is as good I'll be ecstatic.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="874016" timestamp="1286997433"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74245.msg874012#msg874012 date=1286996758]
well, so much for my guess...Nebraska plays this weekend........
[/quote]

Cody Green would be a great addition.  He looks like he will play his career out behind Taylor Martinez at Nebraska barring injury.
[/quote]

What happened there as I remember Cody Green starting a few games at Nebraska as a freshman? What year is Taylor Martinez?

[quote name="bigred360" post="874022" timestamp="1286997692"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=74245.msg874016#msg874016 date=1286997433]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74245.msg874012#msg874012 date=1286996758]
well, so much for my guess...Nebraska plays this weekend........
[/quote]

Cody Green would be a great addition.  He looks like he will play his career out behind Taylor Martinez at Nebraska barring injury.
[/quote]

What happened there as I remember Cody Green starting a few games at Nebraska as a freshman? What year is Taylor Martinez?
[/quote]
martinez is a freshman.  WOOOOOW!

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="872935" timestamp="1286887540"]
Saw this post on the USA board...

[quote]Y'all act like this game is going to be easy as the poster above stated who have y'all played?
We hanged with FCS powerhouse mcneese in our first game (lost I think 30 to 27) a very impressive feat
Beat webber international in our first home game (not a great team)
Beat southeastern louisiana on the road 29 to 28 who just beat future WAC conference member texas state by 25 plus
Got stomped by SFA no excuses we played awful although they are an exceptional team
Got beat bad by sam houston state no excuses again
And beat langston by no means a great team but one of the best NIAI teams
And are about to hand Southern Alabama their first loss
LU 28 - USA 21
Btw stadium will be (if not already) soldout looking forward to a great game and fans making the trip enjoy it you will be razzed but not harrassed we are for the most part nice people and drive safely[/quote]

FCS powerhouse McNeese? Been paying much attention this year? This is a rebuilding year for the Pokes! Let's also not forget that it was your first game and emotions were running high...

Then, you talk about beating SLU - "who just beat future WAC conference member Texas State by 25 plus". Let's call that the SLU team you were facing was not the same team personnel-wise that TXST just played. It'd be like playing a Lamar team sans Bevil.
[/quote]

Who care what someone says that uses the word "hanged"

McNeese was top 10 when we played them

We'd be a better team sans Bevil.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83