South Alabama has never lost a football game

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bobcatfan4life" post="871265" timestamp="1286729631"]
They started their program last year and went undefeated and they are 5-0 so far this year. How sweet would it be to deliver them their first loss in their program's history!
[/quote]

Good to know.  I heard elsewhere that this was their first year. 

Next year is their first year... even though they have about 13 games in their back pocket heading into their game against Lamar...

Last year and this, they were [b]unclassified[/b]. You guys are FCS Independent this year, South Alabama is NCAA unclassified. The win or loss counts in your W/L column, but it is kind of an odd situation of how they have handled this process...

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="871313" timestamp="1286733917"]
Next year is their first year... even though they have about 13 games in their back pocket heading into their game against Lamar...

Last year and this, they were [b]unclassified[/b]. You guys are FCS Independent this year, South Alabama is NCAA unclassified. The win or loss counts in your W/L column, but it is kind of an odd situation of how they have handled this process...
[/quote]

Not sure why you're rambling on about classifications.  South Alabama is still undefeated no matter how they are classified.  They did beat Nicholls State 39-21 a few weeks ago in Mobile, which was their first game against a FCS school.  They haven't played any real road games yet.  Looking at their roster they do have a lot of juniors and seniors on the team, including some FBS transfers.  This should be a good game.

[quote name="coachacola" post="871476" timestamp="1286745908"]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=74245.msg871313#msg871313 date=1286733917]

[/quote]

Not sure why you're rambling on about classifications.  South Alabama is still undefeated no matter how they are classified.  They did beat Nicholls State 39-21 a few weeks ago in Mobile, which was their first game against a FCS school.  [b]They haven't played any real road games yet. [/b] Looking at their roster they do have a lot of juniors and seniors on the team, including some FBS transfers.  This should be a good game.
[/quote]

They haven't really played much of any games to be honest. Hell, they played 2 junior colleges last year.

[quote name="coachacola" post="871476" timestamp="1286745908"]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=74245.msg871313#msg871313 date=1286733917]

[/quote]

Not sure why you're rambling on about classifications.  South Alabama is still undefeated no matter how they are classified.  They did beat Nicholls State 39-21 a few weeks ago in Mobile, which was their first game against a FCS school.  They haven't played any real road games yet.  Looking at their roster they do have a lot of juniors and seniors on the team, including some FBS transfers.  This should be a good game.
[/quote]They,ve played one FCS school, two lower rank D2 schools and 2 NAIA schools this year.  Last year they played one D3 school and everybody else was either a JC or a prep school....but they are undefeated.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="872449" timestamp="1286831625"]I don't care if they never played anyone any good before. It would still be pretty cool to say you are the first ever to beat them. No matter what way you look at it. [/quote]

Good point...

I just realized this, but SHSU was the first team to beat Lamar at Provost Umphrey Stadium. Pretty neat!  :)

[quote name="mffl" post="872778" timestamp="1286851878"]
[quote author=GeauxLamar link=topic=74245.msg872595#msg872595 date=1286841323]
From their fan forums they are predicting a big win here...we will see
[/quote]

Link?
[/quote]

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=466&f=3200

Saw this post on the USA board...

[quote]Y'all act like this game is going to be easy as the poster above stated who have y'all played?
We hanged with FCS powerhouse mcneese in our first game (lost I think 30 to 27) a very impressive feat
Beat webber international in our first home game (not a great team)
Beat southeastern louisiana on the road 29 to 28 who just beat future WAC conference member texas state by 25 plus
Got stomped by SFA no excuses we played awful although they are an exceptional team
Got beat bad by sam houston state no excuses again
And beat langston by no means a great team but one of the best NIAI teams
And are about to hand Southern Alabama their first loss
LU 28 - USA 21
Btw stadium will be (if not already) soldout looking forward to a great game and fans making the trip enjoy it you will be razzed but not harrassed we are for the most part nice people and drive safely[/quote]

FCS powerhouse McNeese? Been paying much attention this year? This is a rebuilding year for the Pokes! Let's also not forget that it was your first game and emotions were running high...

Then, you talk about beating SLU - "who just beat future WAC conference member Texas State by 25 plus". Let's call that the SLU team you were facing was not the same team personnel-wise that TXST just played. It'd be like playing a Lamar team sans Bevil.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="872935" timestamp="1286887540"]

[quote]Y'all act like this game is going to be easy as the poster above stated who have y'all played?
We hanged with FCS powerhouse mcneese in our first game (lost I think 30 to 27) a very impressive feat
Beat southeastern louisiana on the road 29 to 28 who just beat future WAC conference member texas state by 25 plus
Got stomped by SFA no excuses we played awful although they are an exceptional team
LU 28 - USA 21
Btw stadium will be (if not already) soldout looking forward to a great game and fans making the trip enjoy it you will be razzed but not harrassed we are for the most part nice people and drive safely[/quote]

FCS powerhouse McNeese? Been paying much attention this year? This is a rebuilding year for the Pokes! Let's also not forget that it was your first game and emotions were running high...

Then, you talk about beating SLU - "who just beat future WAC conference member Texas State by 25 plus". Let's call that the SLU team you were facing was not the same team personnel-wise that TXST just played. It'd be like playing a Lamar team sans Bevil.
[/quote][quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=74245.msg872935#msg872935 date=1286887540]

LU 28 - USA 21

[/quote]
I somewhat agree and I saw that post to I think what this guy is trying to point out is we have had a tougher schedule whatever way you look at it witch can't be denied and I think we could do fine with prewitt if bevil wasn't there I know I would be comfortable he can throw the ball

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="872935" timestamp="1286887540"]

LU 28 - USA 21

[/quote]

not saying they are a powerhouse this year...BUT...didnt mcneese just come within 55 seconds of knocking off SFA?  SLU yada yada yada..we won, they lost...

Moronic post, wish you had a team to root for....

[quote name="puddin tane" post="872966" timestamp="1286891027"]not saying they are a powerhouse this year...BUT...didnt mcneese just come within 55 seconds of knocking off SFA?  SLU yada yada yada..we won, they lost...[/quote]

McNeese has had success against SFA for the last few years, because their secondary has been very strong against Moses. That kept them in the game and it was no surprise to anyone...

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74245.msg872966#msg872966 date=1286891027]Moronic post, wish you had a team to root for....
[/quote]

I do... the same one that handed Lamar their first lost on Provost Umphrey Stadium's turf...

Don't worry, basketball season is around the corner. Tubbs may have saved Roc's job by moving the Cards to the SLC East permanently. Though losing to schools with half the basketball budget of yours probably does not bold well...

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="873000" timestamp="1286893769"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74245.msg872966#msg872966 date=1286891027]not saying they are a powerhouse this year...BUT...didnt mcneese just come within 55 seconds of knocking off SFA?  SLU yada yada yada..we won, they lost...[/quote]

McNeese has had success against SFA for the last few years, because their secondary has been very strong against Moses. That kept them in the game and it was no surprise to anyone...

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74245.msg872966#msg872966 date=1286891027]Moronic post, wish you had a team to root for....
[/quote]

I do... the same one that handed Lamar their first lost on Provost Umphrey Stadium's turf...

Don't worry, basketball season is around the corner. Tubbs may have saved Roc's job by moving the Cards to the SLC East permanently. Though losing to schools with half the basketball budget of yours probably does not bold well...
[/quote]

You know Terror if this turns on you and LU starts dominating Sam in the top tier sports it will be absolutely unbearable for you.  Of course you will disappear.  And I won't stoop to your level by coming over to Katfans and sticking the knife in and twisting.  I've never been a slumlord!

Doesn't take much to know why TexasTerror post here and not bigredinsider.com. He like to use his knowledge of athletics, namely FCS football and then spin it so he is always talking negatively about Lamar and has to somehow mention Sam Houston.

I've got it for a very reliable source this Lamar men's basketball team is going to surprise a lot of people. Coach Tidwell and the lady Cardinals are going to be as good or better than last season and the Nebraska transfer is now eligible, one of recuits average 37 ppg in high school, Myriam Igoufe of La Ville Aux Danes, France is now healthy, then add Plumley, Loyd and the other pieces of the team. They are loaded.

Then next Feb. the recruiting season well be very important for the Lamar football team as we will add a few missing pieces to the football team as in Derrick Hall. Add him and one or two lineman and the others get stronger in the off season in the new training facility the team will not be one dimensional on offense. See in the past we had to show recruits photos of what our athletic facility will look like. Now, they will experience it and the crowds that show up at Provost Umphrey stadium first hand.

It will only help Coach Woodard and recruiting to have the best facilities in the SLC.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="873131" timestamp="1286904094"]
[b]"Doesn't take much to know why TexasTerror post here and not bigredinsider.com."[/b]

Maybe TT thinks this is a better site overall and it's worth his time. ;)
[/quote]

Maybe, but for the most part no one gets in debates with him over there. I think he lives for debating others.  :D ;)

TexasTerror

Re: Lamar Fans Board
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:21:04 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's quite a few bad apples in the Lamar fan base that really tarnish their reputation. It's gotten so bad that the Lamar fan base has split between two boards. One that allows people with countering opinions (including fans from other SLC institution) and the regional sports one, which is closed minded to anyone that says anything negative about Lamar, Billy Tubbs or Roc.

Always an entertaining group nonetheless, especially the regional sports board. The funny too about that board is more than half their fans have names pertaining to universities they favor instead of Lamar - whether it being Houston, Texas A&M or UNLV! 

The regional one he is talking about is setxsports.com as UNLV doesn't post there, neither does HoopInsider (Houston) or you AggiesAreWe.

Take that back as I have seen a couple of your post AAW.

I would not have stated TT likes to debate here if I had not seen the above mentioned post.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="873142" timestamp="1286905320"]
Based on that post from the Sam site, I guess it says a lot for him to continue to post here and not the other site. ;)

You say no one will debate with him over there. Think it could be because of traffic? ;)
[/quote]

Can't disagree with that post as they have a couple hundred over there and this site as several thousand.  ;) But he also called you guys "a few bad apples in the Lamar fan base that really tarnish their reputation" and "and the regional sports one, which is closed minded to anyone that says anything negative about Lamar, Billy Tubbs or Roc."

Sounds like the man thinks very highly of people who post here on the Lamar forum.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83