South Alabama has never lost a football game

I know that he isn't talking about me. ;) ;D

"Bad apples", when you have as many trees as we do, you bound to have some rotten ones that don't get picked. ;)

I know exactly when TT made that post at the Sam site, it was when he was temporarily banned from this one. Might have been a little sour grapes, might.

But I am sure that is how he actually feels about this site, but he still comes back.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigred360" post="873124" timestamp="1286903283"]Doesn't take much to know why TexasTerror post here and not bigredinsider.com. He like to use his knowledge of athletics, namely FCS football and then spin it so he is always talking negatively about Lamar and has to somehow mention Sam Houston.[/quote]

I don't appear because simply - the log-in process on BRI is excruciating and I've had problems getting logged in. I click over here and it's a done deal!

[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74245.msg873124#msg873124 date=1286903283]I've got it for a very reliable source this Lamar men's basketball team is going to surprise a lot of people.[/quote]

Another top-ranked recruiting class?

[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74245.msg873124#msg873124 date=1286903283]Coach Tidwell and the lady Cardinals are going to be as good or better than last season and the Nebraska transfer is now eligible, one of recuits average 37 ppg in high school, Myriam Igoufe of La Ville Aux Danes, France is now healthy, then add Plumley, Loyd and the other pieces of the team. They are loaded.[/quote]

Tidwell is no joke. He's legit. What else is new? A shame this conference does not have good WBB. Would love to see what Lamar could do in a better WBB league, since I think they could knock some heads...

[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74245.msg873124#msg873124 date=1286903283]Then next Feb. the recruiting season well be very important for the Lamar football team as we will add a few missing pieces to the football team as in Derrick Hall. Add him and one or two lineman and the others get stronger in the off season in the new training facility the team will not be one dimensional on offense. See in the past we had to show recruits photos of what our athletic facility will look like. Now, they will experience it and the crowds that show up at Provost Umphrey stadium first hand.

It will only help Coach Woodard and recruiting to have the best facilities in the SLC.[/quote]

Woodard should've had plenty to pitch the last two years... it's my opinion that Fritz in a few weeks out-recruited him, based on the current assessment of our freshmen compared to yours. We'll see over the next 2-3 years who emerges as the better team...

[quote name="sleepy" post="873232" timestamp="1286911307"]Terror...............your not really on here bragging about how Fritz out recruited a first year program are you?  Very weak!!!!  [/quote]

Do you realize what your offensive coordinator left us with? The cupboards were bare and we have the youngest team we've ever had at the FCS level...

[quote name="Twig" post="873281" timestamp="1286915734"]And what does that have to do with out recruiting a first year program?[/quote]

All that really matters is Woodard has a lot to work to do... especially if he's going to impress UNLV, AggiesAreWe, etc.

Arena League football doesn't work at this level... as it may have at the JUCO level. Andre Bevil can throw down field all he wants, but he's going to get picked off and of course, does not help a Lamar team that takes the entire game to establish the run...

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="873272" timestamp="1286914855"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74245.msg873232#msg873232 date=1286911307]Terror...............your not really on here bragging about how Fritz out recruited a first year program are you?  Very weak!!!!  [/quote]

Do you realize what your offensive coordinator left us with? The cupboards were bare and we have the [b]youngest team we've ever had at the FCS leve[/b]l...
[/quote]

Yet over on katfans.com they were talking about all the JUCO and FBS transfers that Fritz brought in that have really made a difference for SHSU.  Looks like Fritz isn't above a quick fix.

The last I heard there were about 1700 tickets left, but that was a day or two ago.

I do think USA should be favored to win this game, although someone from the USA forum stated that their leading rusher is out for the season and their QB suffered a concussion their last game.  What's the status of J.J. Hayes?  I'm guessing he'll play this Saturday.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="873290" timestamp="1286916786"]
[quote author=Twig link=topic=74245.msg873281#msg873281 date=1286915734]And what does that have to do with out recruiting a first year program?[/quote]

All that really matters is Woodard has a lot to work to do... especially if he's going to impress UNLV, AggiesAreWe, etc.

Arena League football doesn't work at this level... as it may have at the JUCO level. Andre Bevil can throw down field all he wants, but he's going to get picked off and of course, does not help a Lamar team that takes the entire game to establish the run...
[/quote]

Are you aware that Ray Woodard is a defensive guy??? All he talks about is run, run, run and how we are gonna have to run to win.  You don't know the first thing about Ray Woodard the coach or the person.  So until you do keep the things you THINK you know to yourself.

P.S.  Wait til you hear who is gonna be on the sideline saturday night terror.  You are not gonna like it......trust me!!!

[quote name="sleepy" post="873408" timestamp="1286928117"]P.S.  Wait til you hear who is gonna be on the sideline saturday night terror.  You are not gonna like it......trust me!!![/quote]

Another highly touted recruit with question marks on his resume? Can't take too many question marks, Ray! This is the SLC, not the SWAC!

Or is Dustin Long joining Lamar as an assistant? Don't think the Bearkats would mind that. Good for him!

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="873290" timestamp="1286916786"]
[quote author=Twig link=topic=74245.msg873281#msg873281 date=1286915734]And what does that have to do with out recruiting a first year program?[/quote]

All that really matters is Woodard has a lot to work to do... especially if he's going to impress UNLV, [b]AggiesAreWe[/b], etc.

[/quote]

How did I get lumped into this mess?

I am perfectly fine with how Lamar has brought the football program along this first year. They have already exceeded my expectations. You haven't or will not see any posts from me that has or will complain about this first year program.

Now, 5 years down the road if they are still losing to SLC opponents 71-3, then you may hear from me about it.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="873480" timestamp="1286932447"]
[quote author=Twig link=topic=74245.msg873471#msg873471 date=1286932065]It is not dustin long but it is similar to the dustin long situation you guys fell in to! ;)[/quote]

Blake Joseph is definitely a 'keeper' if it is him... I think he'll make a great coach!
[/quote]
Dream on terror. Figured u knew aaw!!!  It will eat his lunch!

[quote name="Raider88" post="873656" timestamp="1286940888"]
Johnson is a good athlete but I dont know about QB. We need a big, smart, mobile QB for the furture. HMMMM any of those out there.
[/quote]

He's 6'2, needs to buff up some, but he was listed as a dual threat quarterback by rivals.

Seems like a pretty good prospect if he is the visitor on our sidelines against USA.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami