ORANGEFIELD @WEST ORANGE-STARK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this wll be a true test for west orange stark.orangefield has ONE of the best QB in the state NOT the BEST  but he is good,now the test if wo-s can stop him watch out down the line.coach thompson has all 11 kids on the ball this year and getting better every ball game

i will shut the heck up after i say this for wo-s team and coaching staff. first off the mustangs played one of the best teams in 4A in friendswood played one heck of a game but lost,then there comes kirbyville one of the top teams in the state in 3A we got beat but thay stayed with them for one hafe smiles.now comes orangefield with a back that has almost a 1,000 yards :o now i must go the wife said its supper time ::) PS her cooking stinks

This is seriously ridiculous for the people that are saying this is going to be close and that WOS should look out! If OField is so great and has so many great players than Why have they been playing close games with 2a school and scoring in the single digits a couple times? I mean this is the same team that got beat by 1,000 against coldsprings right? I mean unless they just got Chris Johnson, Michael Vick, and Adrian Peterson this week stop exagerating! They havent played a great team yet! WE HAVE! And we will be the best we've ever been come friday! All i gotta say for all you orangefield fans doubting the stangs is make sure your boys buckle their chin straps real tight!!!

[quote name="the-riot07" post="873688" timestamp="1286946888"]
This is seriously ridiculous for the people that are saying this is going to be close and that WOS should look out! If OField is so great and has so many great players than Why have they been playing close games with 2a school and scoring in the single digits a couple times? I mean this is the same team that got beat by 1,000 against coldsprings right? I mean unless they just got Chris Johnson, Michael Vick, and Adrian Peterson this week stop exagerating! They havent played a great team yet! WE HAVE! And we will be the best we've ever been come friday! All i gotta say for all you orangefield fans doubting the stangs is make sure your boys buckle their chin straps real tight!!!
[/quote]

Who's saying this is going to be close? Is a 14 point game really close, maybe it is. I think we'll be competitive against WOS, I might be wrong, but the only team that has been able to slow us down this year on offense has been Coldsprings. And the last time I checked they're pretty dang good, maybe better than WOS. They played Kirbyville to within 14 points I believe and didn't have their best running back. Plus when they came to Orangefield they were playing for a little more than just a win, Coach Morrison had something to prove and he did. So don't say we haven't played anyone.

So what if we played some 2A schools, our enrollment numbers are pretty close to the 2A level. And we can't help it that Jasper is having a down year. We scheduled them and Coldsprings to get ready for district play. The 3A schools we've played the last few years in non district play have been down some, that schedule was done before Huckabay was even here. We actually had talks with LCM about playing this year, but it didn't get done. I liked our schedule this year, and alot of you have bashed us for playing a weak schedule in the past, but I thought we stepped our schedule up this year. We played some close games against 2A schools, but in our defense our offense was very basic. Probably only ran a total of 4-5 plays with some different formations mixed in. We didn't show nothing. This past week, we opened up the playbook and showed some stuff I guarantee Silsbee never saw on film, but it's been stuff we've been practicing since day 1. Coach Huck is a smart coach, and he knows the talent of the teams in our district. We need every advantage that we can get to win games. We almost have to be perfect in that sense to compete.

Will the game be close, probably not. But I think the Bobcats will compete and put some points on the board!!!

[quote name="Bobkat" post="873871" timestamp="1286984600"]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=74207.msg873688#msg873688 date=1286946888]
[/quote]

Who's saying this is going to be close? Is a 14 point game really close, maybe it is. I think we'll be competitive against WOS, I might be wrong, but the only team that has been able to slow us down this year on offense has been Coldsprings. And the last time I checked they're pretty dang good, maybe better than WOS. They played Kirbyville to within 14 points I believe and didn't have their best running back. Plus when they came to Orangefield they were playing for a little more than just a win, Coach Morrison had something to prove and he did. So don't say we haven't played anyone.

So what if we played some 2A schools, our enrollment numbers are pretty close to the 2A level. And we can't help it that Jasper is having a down year. We scheduled them and Coldsprings to get ready for district play. The 3A schools we've played the last few years in non district play have been down some, that schedule was done before Huckabay was even here. We actually had talks with LCM about playing this year, but it didn't get done. I liked our schedule this year, and alot of you have bashed us for playing a weak schedule in the past, but I thought we stepped our schedule up this year. We played some close games against 2A schools, but in our defense our offense was very basic. Probably only ran a total of 4-5 plays with some different formations mixed in. We didn't show nothing. This past week, we opened up the playbook and showed some stuff I guarantee Silsbee never saw on film, but it's been stuff we've been practicing since day 1. Coach Huck is a smart coach, and he knows the talent of the teams in our district. We need every advantage that we can get to win games. We almost have to be perfect in that sense to compete.

Will the game be close, probably not. But I think the Bobcats will compete and put some points on the board!!!
[/quote]

Kirbyville's numbers are 2A numbers...lol..We have around 420 enrolled now... ;)

" Can you feel the love tonight..."...BANG!  BANG!...okay, who shot the dang meerkat?!

Who knows how this plays out...I think both teams go into it, playing 112%, like Reggie would have wanted it.  Good luck to both teams, play hard, leave it all on the field.  At the end, shake hands, say good game, and let the adults continue to be the idiots they always have been.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="elhector1" post="873893" timestamp="1286986789"]
" Can you feel the love tonight..."...BANG!  BANG!...okay, who shot the dang meerkat?!

Who knows how this plays out...I think both teams go into it, playing 112%, like Reggie would have wanted it.  Good luck to both teams, play hard, leave it all on the field.  At the end, shake hands, say good game, [b]and let the adults continue to be the idiots they always have been.[/b]
[/quote]

Good post but really agree with the highlighted words.

Im not trying to make it seem like ya'll scheduled easy competition! Ya'll had a good pre district schedule...coldsprings is a good team and they had alot to play for that night, but so did orangefield! And i do believe orangefield has a good shot at making the playoffs! I just know how good our team really is and know the things they are capable of! Im not gonna sit here and tell you were gonna win state but i will tell you that come playoff time its going to take a great team who has their best game to beat the stangs and send them home! They arent worried about about the 2 losses on their record, they are worried about finishing strong and getting to the big game! They are truly playing for a purpose! Best of luck cats!

Who knows how this plays out...I think both teams go into it, playing 112%, like Reggie would have wanted it.  Good luck to both teams, play hard, leave it all on the field.  At the end, shake hands, say good game, [b]and let the adults continue to be the idiots they always have been.[/b]
[/quote]

Love that

[quote name="the-riot07" post="873688" timestamp="1286946888"]
This is seriously ridiculous for the people that are saying this is going to be close and that WOS should look out! If OField is so great and has so many great players than Why have they been playing close games with 2a school and scoring in the single digits a couple times? I mean this is the same team that got beat by 1,000 against coldsprings right? I mean unless they just got Chris Johnson, Michael Vick, and Adrian Peterson this week stop exagerating! They havent played a great team yet! WE HAVE! And we will be the best we've ever been come friday! [b]All i gotta say for all you orangefield fans doubting the stangs is make sure your boys buckle their chin straps real tight!!![/b]
[/quote]
I don't see any post from any Orangefield fans doubting the stangs!!

[quote name="Bobkat" post="873871" timestamp="1286984600"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Their best running back???? Are you serious???? They had all their players. Kirbyville dominated Coldspring on defense and me missing two solid players in Stefon Jackson and Donte Thomas who had started on varsity since they were a freshman. Get out of here with that crap....they still wouldnt won anyway.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Kvillecats" post="874170" timestamp="1287011072"]
[quote author=Bobkat link=topic=74207.msg873871#msg873871 date=1286984600]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Their best running back???? Are you serious???? They had all their players. Kirbyville dominated Coldspring on defense and me missing two solid players in Stefon Jackson and Donte Thomas who had started on varsity since they were a freshman. Get out of here with that crap....they still wouldnt won anyway.
[/quote]

Bobkat was not Taking anything away in the Kirbyville win over coldspring. He was merely stating to the-riot07 that Orangefield has played a quality team in Coldspring.  Calm down Cat, you Kirbyville posters are so sensitive. Yes, Coldsprings best back did not play in the game with Kirbyville but it would not have  mattered anyway. There are you happy. Good Grief!!!!!!!!!

Who knows how this plays out...I think both teams go into it, playing 112%, like Reggie would have wanted it.  Good luck to both teams, play hard, leave it all on the field.  At the end, shake hands, say good game, and let the adults continue to be the idiots they always have been.
[/quote]very good

Bleed Orange please tell me what running back you are talking about. Oh yeah By the way one of our star running backs that ran a 94 yard TD on West Orange didnt play at all in the Coldspring game and thats the God honest truth. We also didnt pass the ball against Coldspring. No doubt in my mind if we played them again we would beat them by 30 or more. Coldspring strength of schedule might hurt them in the playoffs, they haven't play NO solid teams since us. 

Guest bleed orange
Don't really know just heard at the game that is was the first game back for this kid. It really does'nt matter because yes you guys would have beat them anyway.  Like I said before "Bobkat" was just trying to make a point to another poster, Not disrespect Kirbyville. When people read words on a message board they misinterpret the meaning sometimes. It is all good. Bobkat is a good person and loyal to Orangefield just like me and just like you are to Kirbyville.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="the sports guy" post="874669" timestamp="1287080375"]
What was the score of the Kirbyville WOS game?  What was the score of Kirbyville Orangefield game?
[/quote]

I think Kirbyville beat WOS 28-14 and Kirbyville did not play Orangefield this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86