Jasper vs. Center Game Thread/Center Wins/Comments

[quote name="j_dog" post="869842" timestamp="1286594711"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=74151.msg869448#msg869448 date=1286589183]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=74151.msg869425#msg869425 date=1286588782]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=74151.msg869421#msg869421 date=1286588701]
Another TD for Center.

They say a lot of people are playing both ways.  Sounds like they are already winded.

Going to be a long season for the dogs.

27-10
[/quote]

Going both ways is a way of life for Kirbyville...Has been that way for a long time... ;)

and thats any different from  Kville, Newton, Buna, and any other small school in texas   
Poor excuse!!!! 
[/quote]

No excuse, just facts.  I have never known a running back at Jasper to play both ways.  Jasper obviously is way down.

[/quote]
Clearly WAY down.  Against Livingston, I didn't see ANYBODY going both ways full time.  What happened to all that apparent depth?
[/quote]

[quote name="bigdog90" post="871240" timestamp="1286724084"]
its all coaching we have none period it was horrible every game this year we have ran the same plays ben up the middle. when are they gonna figure it out we dont have a line for that i just dont get it.
[/quote]

And to think, the coaching was so good last year beating Kirbyville, WOS and the like. Wow, I wonder what happened in June and July that the coaches became terrible. Well, just goes to show...it's ALWAYS the coaches!!

Maybe colleges should quit recruiting players from Carroll or Lufkin, or any 4A, 5A school period... since "its all coaching." Just go to your local 1A, 2A, 3A school, load up the kids and go play against USC, LSU, UT, BAMA etc. Oh wait, you gotta recruit some coaching first.

The Blame Game...what a wonderful thing!!

"It's not your fault, coach, you don't have any players."

"It's not your fault, baby, your coaches are terrible."

(Insert your favorite blame-someone-else qoute here)

People, get over yourselves and start looking in the mirror.

YAWN...

wow sensitive, but the OC left last year after 1 year and the new one is young and clueless...the DC continues to run a scheme that doesnt even work at the middle school level....and yes last years team still had coach brooks finger print on it...we look like a team/coaching staff looking for an identy...our coaching staff has said we were going to hang our hat on defense but we are giving up 50 points a game and wont change the scheme, at least on offense we have went back to the spread in an attempt to improve....going into the center game we should have changed to a 50 D or a 4-3 we dont have to players to play the 3-3 and the coaches should reconize this...

[quote name="bigdog90" post="871874" timestamp="1286765024"]
soonerbeintexas ur funny
[/quote]

Thanks for the backhanded compliment, but I really just wanted folks to understand a much larger point:

Attacking players, coaches, administrators, board members etc is non-productive and only serves to denigrate others.

Sometimes the other team is better-coached, has more motivated players, possesses better chemistry, sees themselves destined for bigger things. Give credit where credit is due.

While I understand peoples' frustration, throwing daggers at Jasper players, coaches and others only incites the mob(followers...not leaders)to do the same. Try being constructive and offering positive alternatives and you might be surprised to see a change for the better.

But, like I said in an earlier post, I'm afraid this is what we have become...a society of finger pointers. Just my two cents. Now, I shall step down from the soapbox and depart.

[quote name="soonerbeintexas" post="872385" timestamp="1286827772"]
Try being constructive and offering positive alternatives and you might be surprised to see a change for the better.

[/quote]

It's not always that simple sooner.  As a fan I have every right to be critical of the coaching staff if I feel they are not doing a good job, which I don't think they are this year.  I do not say anything negative about specific kids, but if the talent is not there I will say so.

And about being positive, about the only thing positive I can say about this year's team is that they can't help but go up from here.  That may be somewhat harsh, but it's the truth.

throwing daggers at certain players no, at coaches ok their paid adults..I offered up a different D  scheme maybe the coaches are reading but I hope not, I hope they are watching film..the frustration comes from years of being a jasper fan and attending all the games for many years. coaching makes a big difference...the 06 team would score half a hundred against this years D.  This is by far the worst team in jasper for decades..

[quote name="T-daddy" post="872632" timestamp="1286843407"]
throwing daggers at certain players no, at coaches ok their paid adults..I offered up a different D  scheme maybe the coaches are reading but I hope not, I hope they are watching film..the frustration comes from years of being a jasper fan and attending all the games for many years. coaching makes a big difference...[b]the 06 team would score half a hundred against this years D.  This is by far the worst team in jasper for decades[/b]..
[/quote]

Totally disagree. That Jasper '06 team was the worst Jasper team that I have ever seen and I have seen all Jasper teams back to 1970. The '06 team lost to Silsbee that year 35-0 in just over 2 quarters of play. With about 7 minutes left in the 3rd and Silsbee leading 35-0, a big storm blew in and delayed the game. After about a 20 minute wait, Jasper decided to end the game right then with Silsbee getting the win, 35-0. Silsbee could have won that game 60-0 or worse.

At least this year's Jasper team scored 20 points against Silsbee, only trailing 22-14 at the half. That '06 team had no speed what so ever and was probably the lowest scoring Jasper team in several decades. The defense wasn't much better.

This year's Jasper team would beat the '06 team by at least 2 TD's.

it has nothing to do with talent year after year it has to do with coaching the kids now. not 06 not 1970 but 2010 and there isnt any. jmo and if you dont like the truth then sobeit.soonerbeintexas there is no one said anything about the kids. if a coach or people cant take criticism they need to find a new job

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="872668" timestamp="1286845377"]
[quote author=T-daddy link=topic=74151.msg872632#msg872632 date=1286843407]
throwing daggers at certain players no, at coaches ok their paid adults..I offered up a different D  scheme maybe the coaches are reading but I hope not, I hope they are watching film..the frustration comes from years of being a jasper fan and attending all the games for many years. coaching makes a big difference...[b]the 06 team would score half a hundred against this years D.  This is by far the worst team in jasper for decades[/b]..
[/quote]

Totally disagree. That Jasper '06 team was the worst Jasper team that I have ever seen and I have seen all Jasper teams back to 1970. The '06 team lost to Silsbee that year 35-0 in just over 2 quarters of play. With about 7 minutes left in the 3rd and Silsbee leading 35-0, a big storm blew in and delayed the game. After about a 20 minute wait, Jasper decided to end the game right then with Silsbee getting the win, 35-0. Silsbee could have won that game 60-0 or worse.

At least this year's Jasper team scored 20 points against Silsbee, only trailing 22-14 at the half. That '06 team had no speed what so ever and was probably the lowest scoring Jasper team in several decades. The defense wasn't much better.

This year's Jasper team would beat the '06 team by at least 2 TD's.
[/quote]

I think the '06 Tiger squad was much better than this year's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw