*SILSBEE vs. ORANGEFIELD Game Thread/SILSBEE WINS 38-34!!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SilsbeeD I haven't been to a Tiger game in 10yrs but since I found this sit I keep up. They have the same horrible coaching as always. When is the last time they got past the second round. Coaching comes into play in the playoffs. 21-3A. I graduated under 23-4A and we still sucked. Silsbee has better talent than most schools in SETX but coaches can't coach the talent. You my friend need to wake up. Support the team is good but reality is no coaching.

[quote name="Boogy1000" post="869784" timestamp="1286593783"]
SilsbeeD I haven't been to a Tiger game in 10yrs but since I found this sit I keep up. They have the same horrible coaching as always. When is the last time they got past the second round. Coaching comes into play in the playoffs. 21-3A. I graduated under 23-4A and we still sucked. Silsbee has better talent than most schools in SETX but coaches can't coach the talent. You my friend need to wake up. Support the team is good but reality is no coaching.
[/quote]

Well it would be great if you didn't keep up because you're a horrible fan.

I also graduated under 4A ranks.. Even if the feeling is that something is lacking.. We support the students... That is the reason for being there.. Everyone has opinions about coaching staff from HS to Pro.. But to be negative in public from the "bleachers" or easy chair.. Provides no support or encouragement for those playing..  Support the kids.. If you support the school.. Contact those in proper positions to maybe get changes in staff...

[quote name="Beerice" post="869818" timestamp="1286594268"]
I also graduated under 4A ranks.. Even if the feeling is that something is lacking.. We support the students... That is the reason for being there.. Everyone has opinions about coaching staff from HS to Pro.. But to be negative in public from the "bleachers" or easy chair.. Provides no support or encouragement for those playing..  Support the kids.. If you support the school.. Contact those in proper positions to maybe get changes in staff...
[/quote]

Nice knowledgeable post. Now is the game over? I'm a bit confused.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Boogy1000" post="869784" timestamp="1286593783"]
[/quote]

I think Boogy had to much to drink. ;D ;D

I think Silsbee has had a football program since 1929 and they have NEVER beem to state! Lol Never? Sure is a long time. That word "Never" means no maroon and white Silsbee Tiger has ever had the chance to even compete for a football state title. Al we could ever do is a buy a ticket and watch some other school play. Shame shame shame!

[quote name="Boogy1000" post="869858" timestamp="1286595006"]
I think Silsbee has had a football program since 1929 and they have NEVER beem to state! Lol Never? Sure is a long time. That word "Never" means no maroon and white Silsbee Tiger has ever had the chance to even compete for a football state title. Al we could ever do is a buy a ticket and watch some other school play. Shame shame shame!
[/quote]

Silsbee has been playing longer the 1929 as we just celebrated our 100th homecoming.

Orangefield fans have complained about their coach....... ??? ??? ???.  Dont take this wrong...but I didnt see one player that looked like he weighed over a buck-fifty.....wet!  The Orangefield team played a great game.

The off week didnt help Silsbee at all.  I knew this would happen.

#14 You had a fine game tonight.

Orangefield played one heck of a game. Never gave up after being down 14-0.  tigers turnovers and bad snaps were once again a major factor,  but the run defense is a greater concern.  I missed the first game but have been to every one since and have not seen good run defense yet.  Small defensive line is part of the problem.  OF did a real good job at disguising who had the ball and kept the Tigers off balance most of the night.  Referee's were definitely pretty weak.  Missed the shuffle pass, missed a block in the back on the last play that really could have been a game changer.  The Tiger's were realy confused as to what to do with 12 seconds left facing 4th and a mile.  Since the sidelines are so close to the stands you can hear a lot that is going on.  It seemed like the punt team was going in and then with about 20 seconds left on the play clock they start calling for the offense.  They got on to the field and got the snap off. I am not sure a play was ever actually called,  McDaniel ran around the left end and was tackled with 2 seconds left to give OF one last try.  They dropped back to pass and then the QB took off, an obviuos block in the back was missed but he was tackled anyway.  I also feel the refs missed a Tiger procedure penalty on one of the big play TD's. A win for the Tiger's and a well played tough loss for the Bobcats.

Wow that didn't take long. Someone must be best buddies or family. Silsbee has gone 63-67 from 98-09, stats padded from playing in a weak 3A district outside of WO-S, and hasn't made it past the second round of the playoffs. Just facts, something needs to change.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="869876" timestamp="1286595392"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=74118.msg869824#msg869824 date=1286594316]
The Bobcats came into this game with the better record

But could not find a way to beat the Tigers

Tigers take the All-Time Record to (5-0) against the Bobcats

[/quote]

5-0 good for you. Bobcats proved tonight that they cannot be taken lightly. Silsbee proved that If they make the playoffs, they will be one and done. ;D ;D
[/quote]

Ok let me get this right. From what I have read on here Silsbee played like crap and Orangefield played great and Silsbee still won. OK

[quote name="STiger85" post="870175" timestamp="1286605924"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=74118.msg869876#msg869876 date=1286595392]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=74118.msg869824#msg869824 date=1286594316]
The Bobcats came into this game with the better record

But could not find a way to beat the Tigers

Tigers take the All-Time Record to (5-0) against the Bobcats

[/quote]

5-0 good for you. Bobcats proved tonight that they cannot be taken lightly. Silsbee proved that If they make the playoffs, they will be one and done. ;D ;D
[/quote]

Ok let me get this right. From what I have read on here Silsbee played like crap and Orangefield played great and Silsbee still won. OK
[/quote]

I agree……  Seems that someone can’t handle the truth

At least I will be able to attend 1 playoff game instead of sitting at home  ;D

Guest bigcat
Silsbee just needs to work on wraping up on defense, and stop the fumbles on offense, please. Silsbee wasn't at their best last night, but played well enough to win. Congrats Tigers. OF ran the ball very well. I like that style, pound the ball down the field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86