Burkeville V.S. Evadale

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="867534" timestamp="1286412973"]
[quote author=SSX78 link=topic=73945.msg867433#msg867433 date=1286408720]
[quote author=BIGMO44 link=topic=73945.msg867001#msg867001 date=1286371869]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=73945.msg866906#msg866906 date=1286339641]
Burkeville upsets Evadale !! The Burkeville program is gonna improve big this year.

Burkeville 21
Evadale 20
[/quote]Now 55, I've always had a competitive kinda respect for your football savvy, but I've gotta wonder if you're being serious!  Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if that's your gut feeling...ok.  That score would no doubt be the strangest turn of events in SETX football this year.
Considering that Evadale beat Dville and Dville beat the Stangs 40 something to 00.  Anyway...
[/quote]

Burkeville had a Trash time score on D'ville it was nothing to be proud of.  The only thing Evadale needs to worry about is bringing enough tape to tape all of their players so that the don't roll their ankles on that pasture Burkeville calls a football field, seriously worst field in the area.

I'm sorry but [b]your sadly mistaken MO[/b], Burkeville hasn't been shut out yet this year. The correct score was Dville-46 and Bville-6.
[glow=blue,2,300]SSX78[/glow]
[/quote]Well HECK!!! You sure got me there!!!  I stand corrected...In that case, it's anybodies game!!
[/quote]

[quote name="whambulance" post="866316" timestamp="1286285933"]
It seems lately that if an Evadale poster states their opinion about a game, our neighbors to the north think we're trash talking and being insensitive...So I'll say as cleanly and politically correctly as possible, The Rebs should take this one with ease.  But I'm sure everyone on the field will play hard, it's just my opinion that Evadale will score several more touchdowns than Burkeville.   :-\
[/quote]

What are you referring to.  I read all the posts in this thread and see nothing from anyone that would be out of line. What thread are you talking about?

[quote name="coog4life" post="868128" timestamp="1286489845"]
[quote author=whambulance link=topic=73945.msg866316#msg866316 date=1286285933]
It seems lately that if an Evadale poster states their opinion about a game, our neighbors to the north think we're trash talking and being insensitive...So I'll say as cleanly and politically correctly as possible, The Rebs should take this one with ease.  But I'm sure everyone on the field will play hard, it's just my opinion that Evadale will score several more touchdowns than Burkeville.   :-\
[/quote]

What are you referring to.  I read all the posts in this thread and see nothing from anyone that would be out of line. What thread are you talking about?
[/quote]Different threads.  I'm not referring to anyone in Buna.  Farther North than that.  If your really interested, pull up the last few Bville/Evadale threads and the 1A thread.

Luckily for Burkeville the Evadale coaching staff has alot of class and won't allow this score to terribly out of hand.  I don't see Burkeville scoring against a really good Evadale defense, but hey stranger things have happened.  Good luck to all the players.

[quote name="HD94" post="868560" timestamp="1286540539"]
Luckily for Burkeville the [b]Evadale coaching staff has alot of class and won't allow this score to terribly out of hand[/b].  I don't see Burkeville scoring against a really good Evadale defense, but hey stranger things have happened.  Good luck to all the players.
[/quote]I believe you are right.  The Rebel coaching staff will keep it in check.  The Stangs and the Rebs have been going at it for years and for the most part, there's a lot of mutual respect.

[quote name="whambulance" post="868590" timestamp="1286544181"]
[quote author=HD94 link=topic=73945.msg868560#msg868560 date=1286540539]
Luckily for Burkeville the [b]Evadale coaching staff has alot of class and won't allow this score to terribly out of hand[/b].  I don't see Burkeville scoring against a really good Evadale defense, but hey stranger things have happened.  Good luck to all the players.
[/quote]I believe you are right.  The Rebel coaching staff will keep it in check.  The Stangs and the Rebs have been going at it for years and for the most part, there's a lot of mutual respect.
[/quote]

Good post wham. I know that Burkeville will be out there giving it their best game. Good luck to both teams.

Evadale wins big in this one...Burkeville really don't have no hope, gonna be a tough game for their crowd to watch. I think Evadale's JV could beat Burkeville. IMO...Maybe next year on gettin a W Burkeville, but for sure not this game....Evadale 48-0!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="867696" timestamp="1286455436"]
Rebel     45
Mustangs 8
[/quote]

Rebels -3 Mustangs +4 and if the Rebels had hit their 4th Q FG attempt I would have been right on.

Robertson #6 did all the Mustang damage to the Rebels that was done and all of that in the first half, he did not return except to punt in the second half. Give that young man the credit he is due. Once he went down so did the Mustangs.

The officiating in this one was very subpar! They could not get the ball spotted right throughout the game. They communicated poorly as a crew and were often having to conference and then they still had trouble with calls. The Rebels last TD or extra point were never signaled, the ref just started up the field with the ball for the kick off.

The Rebels should be able to take care of business the rest of district play and then focus on the goal that they set for themselves at the beginning of the season, winning playoff games. The team looked more complete tonight running and passing the ball. Nichols was able to rest at teh end of the game and did not have to play defense last night. Save a couple of breakdowns, if was a complete victory for the Rebels and a glemse of things to come. 

They were a strange bunch (Refs). Not sure they were an experienced crew.  Ball spots were 2yds off at times and in the2nd half they "wound" the clock at every spot.  After kickoffs, punts, out-off-bounds, after time outs, it didn't matter, when the ball was spotted and play was to resume the game clock started.  Oh well, didn't affect the out come but I would've liked more time for the 2nd sting O and D on the field.
It was good to see the game plan changed by coach Will to give Billy a little rest and kinda take a game off from running.  Good hard played game by both teams...stay focused Rebels.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder