In 2 weeks..Burkeville V.S. Evadale

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="861984" timestamp="1285895107"]
You may be right BigMo...but please remember that these are young adults who are giving their all. This Mustangs team has a lot of heart and have put a lot into this season. Maybe we can't beat Evadale...but at least we will show up and give it our best...and win or lose maybe some of these young men will learn something... gracious in victory or understanding in defeat. That is what I was always taught as a young adult. The JV comment is in very very poor taste IMO....not really what I expected from you. Good luck to The Rebels in district and I wish them well in the playoffs.
                                  [b].................just saying[/b]
[/quote]I surely understand that these are young adults and I understand that both teams will give it their all.  That post was (is) directed at a few that have turned this forum into a "my daddy can whip your daddy argument", not the players.  You should know, Evadale players are restricted from this site by Coach Williams. (I'm sure they still stop by)... I've got lots of respect for Bville and their tradition.  You are certainly entitled to your opinion and if you feel the JV comment was out of line, well, I think you're being a little sensitive.  And that's just my opinion.  If you look back through the last year or so on my Bville comments, I've always said that the Stangs will be back.  Harper is one of the best coaches in this area, again, in my opinion.  I was stating what I thought and that is the way I see it.  This may not be the right place for you to unwind if that comment bothered you.  Man, that was Sunday School stuff and G rated.
Anyway, I always held you in high regard and still do, and I won't end this post with a sophomoric dig like you did at me.
Good luck to y'all as I believe you'll get back to the playoffs this year.

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="862644" timestamp="1285959963"]
[quote author=Burkeville Chronicle link=topic=73710.msg861984#msg861984 date=1285895107]
You may be right BigMo...but please remember that these are young adults who are giving their all. This Mustangs team has a lot of heart and have put a lot into this season. Maybe we can't beat Evadale...but at least we will show up and give it our best...and win or lose maybe some of these young men will learn something... gracious in victory or understanding in defeat. That is what I was always taught as a young adult. The JV comment is in very very poor taste IMO....not really what I expected from you. Good luck to The Rebels in district and I wish them well in the playoffs.
                                  [b].................just saying[/b]
[/quote]I surely understand that these are young adults and I understand that both teams will give it their all.  That post was (is) directed at a few that have turned this forum into a "my daddy can whip your daddy argument", not the players.  You should know, Evadale players are restricted from this site by Coach Williams. (I'm sure they still stop by)... I've got lots of respect for Bville and their tradition.  You are certainly entitled to your opinion and if you feel the JV comment was out of line, well, I think you're being a little sensitive.  And that's just my opinion.  If you look back through the last year or so on my Bville comments, I've always said that the Stangs will be back.  Harper is one of the best coaches in this area, again, in my opinion.  I was stating what I thought and that is the way I see it.  This may not be the right place for you to unwind if that comment bothered you.  Man, that was Sunday School stuff and G rated.
Anyway, I always held you in high regard and still do, and I won't end this post with a sophomoric dig like you did at me.
Good luck to y'all as I believe you'll get back to the playoffs this year.

[/quote]I tend to agree with MO.  That was not out of line at all and is probably a very true statement.  MO and I have have gone at it before but it's always been above board and there's nothing wrong with saying a team is so much better than another that one teams JV will play, a lot!  Heck, if it makes you feel better, I'll go ahead and say The Rebs JV will score on the Stangs.  Guess I don't understand either... ??? ???

Evadale 56
Stangs 0

I expect Evadale to win, but by 50??  Evadale hasnt score that much in a game all year.......did they even do it last year?  You guys will go undefeated in the regular season and win one or two playoff games only because 1a has become so watered down with the three teams from each district getting in.  You guys have a good team but I dont think you guys have the explosive offense to hang with the better teams in 1a.

The only reason that Evadale has not scored 50 this year is the Coach has put the brakes on ,and has not wonted to run the score up just to show some one up. They have not throwen the ball over 10 times in any game yet. They have not had to, most teams they have played so far cant stop the run so why would they throw. But make no mistake they can , and will when they have to. The only thing that will stop them from putting 50 on any team in this Dist. is the coach has to much class to show up another team.

i love how evadale thinks their "all that" in football, i mean you play in a district where every game is a cakewalk, but when playoffs come the final score is 60 something to 10 or 20. Not to mention your playing a 3rd place team in playoffs and you get blown out that bad. The district yall are in isnt talented. Save the trash talking for win yall win a playoff game.

We hear that every year ,that Evadale plays in a week Dist, Well all they can do is play the teams that are in front of them. They play as many pre dist. games against bigger schools as they can. But its hard to get bigger, better schools to play, they have nothing to gain and every thing to lose by playing a smaller school. And they never play a 3 place team because they get the first bye and by then the 3 place is out. And I am not talking trash , the fact is that Evadale is the best 1a school in this area. And I cant recall when the last time any school in this area won state. The best thing about this year is that Evadale WILL WIN DIST. IN EVERY SPORT Football , Basketball, and Baseball. How mant SETX teams will say that at the end of this year.

[quote name="True Blue" post="864770" timestamp="1286081598"]
We hear that every year ,that Evadale plays in a week Dist, Well all they can do is play the teams that are in front of them. They play as many pre dist. games against bigger schools as they can. But its hard to get bigger, better schools to play, they have nothing to gain and every thing to lose by playing a smaller school. And they never play a 3 place team because they get the first buy and by then the 3 place is out. And I am not talking trash , the fact is that Evadale is the best 1a school in this area. And I cant recall when the last time any school in this area won state. The best thing about this year is that Evadale WILL WIN IN EVERY SPORT Football , Basketball, and Baceball. How mant SETX teams will say that at the end of this year.
[/quote]

Im sorry but the argument that you cant get better teams to play you is not believable.  When Burkeville was able to compete they had no problems scheduling 2a playoff teams.    Yes Evadale is the best in the area and congrats, not taking anything away because you guys seem to have a good athletic program there.  Also Burkeville played for state in 2000 and won in 2001.

[quote name="TigersBBall" post="864748" timestamp="1286079828"]
i love how evadale thinks their "all that" in football, i mean you play in a district where every game is a cakewalk, but when playoffs come the final score is 60 something to 10 or 20. Not to mention your playing a 3rd place team in playoffs and you get blown out that bad. The district yall are in isnt talented. Save the trash talking for win yall win a playoff game.
[/quote]You guys kill me...no one is trash talking, we're saying we'll win this district.  And it is a weak district.  But we'll still win it.  Is that TRASH or TRUE?
And you comment about playing weak 3rd place team really shows that you don't know what you're talking about.  Evadale has received a 1st round bye for the last 3 years and that is NOT good.  That means we have to play a team that just won a playoff game and has momentum going.  Not a 3rd place team, a playoff tested team.  (hope that wasn't too trashy)

I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to 10 PM on Friday night when this thread can be put to bed.

Just to clarify a few things...
1. The UIL makes district and division assignments, not the Evadale coaching staff.
2. Evadale plays non-district games against area teams that in years past they have played in district against and of course to make the SETX polls easier to figure.
3. Evadale respects the tradititions of other teams in the area, that is the reason that the coaches begin breaking down film from their next opponent shortly after they get finished with a Friday night game. Thinik thats not right just ask the coaches wives if they have enjoyed having their husbands home early during this off week.
4. We will not apologize for having more kids come out and participate in athletic than other schools our size. We know how important it is to have our younger players competing and excelling against players their own age. It has yielded dividends the past few years and will continue to do so.
5. We are as excited about our school and our teams as anyone else. We are glad you are glad you support your team too. This forum would be really boring if everyone liked us.
6. Nothing that is said on this board will effect the final score of Friday nights game.

To the Mustangs, good luck and have a great game. To the Rebels lets just keep rolling. I for one would like to see all our district teams do well. It would sure cut down all the weak district stuff. but you know they said the same thing in baseball and see how well that worked out last year! 

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="865007" timestamp="1286130063"]
I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to 10 PM on Friday night when this thread can be put to bed.

1. The UIL makes district and division assignments, not the Evadale coaching staff.
2. Evadale plays non-district games against area teams that in years past they have played in district against and of course to make the SETX polls easier to figure.
3. Evadale respects the tradititions of other teams in the area, that is the reason that the coaches begin breaking down film from their next opponent shortly after they get finished with a Friday night game. Thinik thats not right just ask the coaches wives if they have enjoyed having their husbands home early during this off week.
4. We will not apologize for having more kids come out and participate in athletic than other schools our size. We know how important it is to have our younger players competing and excelling against players their own age. It has yielded dividends the past few years and will continue to do so.
5. We are as excited about our school and our teams as anyone else. We are glad you are glad you support your team too. This forum would be really boring if everyone liked us.
6. Nothing that is said on this board will effect the final score of Friday nights game.

To the Mustangs, good luck and have a great game. To the Rebels lets just keep rolling. I for one would like to see all our district teams do well. It would sure cut down all the weak district stuff. but you know they said the same thing in baseball and see how well that worked out last year! 
[/quote]
Well said!! ;)

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="865007" timestamp="1286130063"]

[/quote]Very well said Yeller.  Good luck to all teams in district play.  But I'm pulling for the Rebs!!!

[quote name="88...greatdate" post="861329" timestamp="1285818066"]
The Rebels struggled early on in the season and still managed to pull out wins.  I think the boys were not really excited about playing in a weaker district than last year.  Last year they went undefeated and were only really challenged in a couple of those games.  This years game against Deweyville went a long way to motivate them and put the Rebels back on the right track.  They are really starting to put all the pieces together, so Burkeville really needs to buckle down and play their hearts out.  I hope for a hard fought game on both sides but I have my doubts that the mustangs can rise to the level of football that's coming their way.   

Rebels     42

Mustangs     12
[/quote]

nailed it...............haha

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder