WILDCATS BY 14 OVER WOS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the game everyone wanted to see when the schedules came out...and this is the game all the kids want to win! It will be a great game! But this will definately be the best defense that kirbyville has faced this year! We have a very fast defense and Ford won't be able to get to the edge... they will have to put together long drives and i just dont see them as that kind of team! And if BC can run the ball on them, we wont have any problems. And does anyone remember the type of offense we had in 06 with beasley at QB? Well thats what lil jimmy salter brings to the table. Once he gets settled in back there, its gonna be fireworks lol Best of luck to both teams and everyone drive safe please!

WOS 28
K-Ville 14

when wo-s played friendswood one of the biggest teams if not the biggest wo-s has played and RAN yes i said RAN the ball very well. if wo-s  can run why pass the ball .as of yesterday the young kid stayed after practice with the running backs and WR . the wo-s football team has alot of  faith in salter and he in turn has faith in his team . GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS SATURDAY

[quote name="skipper" post="860582" timestamp="1285767427"]
Gunho, this will be a good one saturday.was chatting with a few coaches yesterday about  what thay expect Kirbyville, and most of them expect the cats to run  run run lol and thompson had a smile on his face shakeing his head yes. kirbyville has one of the best running games around as most of us around these parts know. but on the other hand wo-s has one of the best  (D) around also and getting better each game. the mustang have the best lock down corner  around very hard to pass agnest them as you have seen in the past. i made a phone call to a good friend  that is a BIG KV FAN he told me that the kids a ready for west orange stark this saturday night. i told him we just needed to get back on the field win are lose
[/quote]

To borrow a term, from Jdog I think.
IT'S GOING TO BE A SLOBBERKNOCKER! ;D

[quote name="the-riot07" post="860820" timestamp="1285783674"]
This is the game everyone wanted to see when the schedules came out...and this is the game all the kids want to win! It will be a great game! But this will definately be the best defense that kirbyville has faced this year! We have a very fast defense and Ford won't be able to get to the edge... they will have to put together long drives and i just dont see them as that kind of team! And if BC can run the ball on them, we wont have any problems. And does anyone remember the type of offense we had in 06 with beasley at QB? Well thats what lil jimmy salter brings to the table. Once he gets settled in back there, its gonna be fireworks lol Best of luck to both teams and everyone drive safe please!

WOS 28
K-Ville 14
[/quote]

IMO the game will be closer than the score you predict.  Kirbyville is very capable of sustaining long drives....and it's not just Ford that runs the ball.  BC is better than you think....just wait and see.  They did have success running the ball out of the spread against Kirbyville but still couldn't match Kirbyville as a team.  I think AAW is about right on the score but I give Kirbyviille the edge by 6.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="the-riot07" post="860820" timestamp="1285783674"]

WOS 28
K-Ville 14
[/quote]

Thanks for your opinion but i completely disagree.  The defense might be the toughest Kirbyville has faced this year but they will be ok.  Ford might not get to the edge as often as he does with some schools but you will not keep him from the edge all night.  He will find the edge and he will get his yards.  Two back and three back are just as quick so good luck containing them all.  I think you are also wrong about Kville not being able to put together long drives, I think they are very capable of long drives just havent had to yet this year.  As for thinking you will run the ball easily on Kville because Bridge city di d is a bad assumption.  You dont have the line BC does and you dont have a Menard. Just my opinion  I think it will be close and the difference will be the team that converts the two point convs. neither team has a consistant kicker

[quote name="rykerx144" post="860935" timestamp="1285792287"]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=73627.msg860820#msg860820 date=1285783674]

WOS 28
K-Ville 14
[/quote]

Thanks for your opinion but i completely disagree.  The defense might be the toughest Kirbyville has faced this year but they will be ok.  Ford might not get to the edge as often as he does with some schools but you will not keep him from the edge all night.  He will find the edge and he will get his yards.  Two back and three back are just as quick so good luck containing them all.  I think you are also wrong about Kville not being able to put together long drives, I think they are very capable of long drives just havent had to yet this year.  As for thinking you will run the ball easily on Kville because Bridge city di d is a bad assumption.  You dont have the line BC does and [b]you dont have a Menard[/b]. Just my opinion   I think it will be close and the difference will be the team that converts the two point convs. neither team has a consistant kicker
[/quote]

youre right we dont have a menard nor do you, nor is your team close to a friendswood...but like the cats we have NUMEROUS weapons we can use and be effective with on any down. also, i dont think its so much our kicker not being consistant, instead i believe its our blocking on the xp attempts that were having trouble with.

Guest rykerx144
Im loving the fact that you are under estimating Ford and his fellow backs!  Im loving it!!  Sounds to be that you are also under estimating Bridge City when watching a game film.  Friday Kville D, and Fred Ford will earn his respect and Bridge City will gain your respect. 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="860989" timestamp="1285797240"]
[b]Im loving the fact that you are under estimating Ford and his fellow backs!  Im loving it!![/b]  Sounds to be that you are also under estimating Bridge City when watching a game film.  Friday Kville D, and Fred Ford will earn his respect and Bridge City will gain your respect.  
[/quote]

i re-read a few of the posts and i cant find anyone underestimating bc. if im correct i dont think we play them this week..

however, im loving the fact youre underestimating our entire team! im loving it! you better hope your backs can do something saturday night because you dont have a passing game to fall back on. averaging 111 yards passing per game wont cut it especially against our secondary!  jmo

[quote name="venom33" post="861023" timestamp="1285800428"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=73627.msg860989#msg860989 date=1285797240]
[b]Im loving the fact that you are under estimating Ford and his fellow backs!  Im loving it!![/b]  Sounds to be that you are also under estimating Bridge City when watching a game film.  Friday Kville D, and Fred Ford will earn his respect and Bridge City will gain your respect.  
[/quote]

i re-read a few of the posts and i cant find anyone underestimating bc. if im correct i dont think we play them this week..

however, im loving the fact youre underestimating our entire team! im loving it! you better hope your backs can do something saturday night because you dont have a passing game to fall back on. averaging 111 yards passing per game wont cut it especially against our secondary!  jmo
[/quote]

You don't have to throw for alot of yards against a good secondary.  All you have to do is keep a secondary honest and when you load the box to stop the run it makes any defense susceptible even WOS'.  Neither team comes into this game with something that the other hasn't seen already.  It will come down to pure will to win the game.  Both are very good teams on both sides of the ball.  WOS isn't BC and Friendswood isn't Kirbyville.  You can throw all of that out of the books in this one.

Guest rykerx144
I agree, I think that number will be a big part of this game!  I think that message was heard all over Southeast Texas!  There will not be a player for hundreds of miles that dont think of that number this weekend and put a little more repect into their efforts!  (well except that nederland player that is now walking the png halls looking for somthing to do friday nite)!!

Thing about Kirbyville is we do not have to rely on the pass, you know the old saying live by the pass die by the pass hence bridge City, But I do hope to see WOS key on Ford cause Heywood and Irvin and the rest of the kats will have a field day. But besides the point just ready to watch some football Saturday night.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Gasilla" post="861470" timestamp="1285859744"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=73627.msg860935#msg860935 date=1285792287]  You dont have the line BC does [/quote]

That is a GROSS miscalculation... ;)
[/quote]

well see I guess  8)

Somebody above asked about pre-game ticket sales.  It is my understanding that our district voted not to sell tickets for out of town games, thus when we play at home, the only tickets available before the game are for the home side. 

That sounds crazy. It is a home game.... and there are two sides to the home stadium. They can do it however they want it just causes problems for big games. Kville always brings a crowd and the circumstances of this game plus a saturday game will bring the attendance way up. We will be there about 4:30. I think its going to take that to get a seat. Just have to bring a pit and tailgait a little. The last time we played Newton in Newton I happened to be working at the school that day. People started showing up at 4:00 and it was standing room only with a line a mile long by game time. I know Newtons stadium is nothing compared to WOS but the crowd should be huge.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder