NOW CAN I ASK YOU THIS

skipper

need to ask all of you that have see wo-s play this year do you think thay can play with teams with size and speed. i saw them play a very very good dayton team with one of the best backs in the state of texas the kid is good.lastnight i saw them play a very big and strong silsbee team that ran the split back veer very well and as big as silsbee is those guys were very fast 4 thire size end of story PS DONT LIE TELL THE TRUTH LOL

need to ask all of you that have see wo-s play this year do you think thay can play with teams with size and speed. i saw them play a very very good dayton team with one of the best backs in the state of texas the kid is good.lastnight i saw them play a very big and strong silsbee team that ran the split back veer very well and as big as silsbee is those guys were very fast 4 thire size end of story PS DONT LIE TELL THE TRUTH LOL

also remember.....they beat both of them, so apparently they can!!!!

It was a great game for both teams. But after seeing silsbee size and athletes they had more athletes, more depth, and way huger size than WOS. There is no way WOS should be able to beat them. If Silsbee got some coaching and discipline there would be no excuse for them to go deep in the playoffs. There lines were bigger than half the 5As in West Brooks district. But being a WOS fan im glad to see we were able to beat a team even when we were outmanned. Reminds me of all of 2000.

It was a great game for both teams. But after seeing silsbee size and athletes they had more athletes' date=' more depth, and way huger size than WOS. There is no way WOS should be able to beat them. If Silsbee got some coaching and discipline there would be no excuse for them to go deep in the playoffs. There lines were bigger than half the 5As in West Brooks district. But being a WOS fan im glad to see we were able to beat a team even when we were outmanned. Reminds me of all of 2000.[/quote']

but,they did....

Guest Stack Backer

It was a great game for both teams. But after seeing silsbee size and athletes they had more athletes' date=' more depth, and way huger size than WOS. There is no way WOS should be able to beat them. If Silsbee got some coaching and discipline there would be no excuse for them to go deep in the playoffs. There lines were bigger than half the 5As in West Brooks district. But being a WOS fan im glad to see we were able to beat a team even when we were outmanned. Reminds me of all of 2000.[/quote']

Little league coach assessment :lol:

WOS does have speed and good coaching. thier two's could place 4th or 5th in district. The problem they are going to have is the kicking game. It's such an over looked area(maybe not by cornel(sp) and dan-ray) but by many. I know they know it too. An extra point or field postion is going to hurt them somewhere in the playoffs. Just my 2 cents.

WOS does have speed and good coaching. thier two's could place 4th or 5th in district. The problem they are going to have is the kicking game. It's such an over looked area(maybe not by cornel(sp) and dan-ray) but by many. I know they know it too. An extra point or field postion is going to hurt them somewhere in the playoffs. Just my 2 cents.

WO-S doesn't have any two's..their two's are their one's on the other side of the ball.

I don't buy the assessment that Silsbee had more talent than WO-S..that is just not true. Sure they had more size, but WO-S makes up for size with speed and talent.

Man I loved watching those two linebackers from WO-S #41 and #43..those are football players right there. Probably not enough size for college ball, but they give it everything they have on ever single play.

As far as the kicking game goes, I think it is a problem to have to call a timeout just to kick the extra point because the kid has to switch shoes.

This is a silly thread. WOS has been ranked in the top 5 in the state all year. I think everyone knows they can play with any team, size, strength, speed, what have you. The big Question for WOS is depth. They beat a good Dayton team early in the year in the second half of that game, because they were in better condition. ( My hat goes off to the players. They worked hard during the summer, and conditioning was key to that win in my opinion). Last week they played a very good Silsbee team with alot more depth than them, and once again they were able to pull out the win, but this game could have just as easily went the other way. ( MY hat goes off again. You could tell they were getting tired, but finished the game on HEART, and alot of it). Most teams are in top condition by the time the playoffs start. If WOS has an Achillies hill, ( for those of you who think I'm bashing please take note; I did say "IF") it has to be depth. I'm sure Hooks will bring up some JV players as the playoffs get closer to try and give some relief, but that means weakening the chain, by replacing starters with JV players, and a chain gang is only as strong as its weakest link. So in answer to the question " Can they play with SIZE, and SPEED"? the answer is yes. Was there ever any doubt? The Question that should be on your minds is " Will WOSs lack of depth be there undoing in 2006"?

Guest GoStangs

This is a silly thread. WOS has been ranked in the top 5 in the state all year. I think everyone knows they can play with any team' date=' size, strength, speed, what have you. The big Question for WOS is depth. They beat a good Dayton team early in the year in the second half of that game, because they were in better condition. ( My hat goes off to the players. They worked hard during the summer, and conditioning was key to that win in my opinion). Last week they played a very good Silsbee team with alot more depth than them, and once again they were able to pull out the win, but this game could have just as easily went the other way. ( MY hat goes off again. You could tell they were getting tired, but finished the game on HEART, and alot of it). Most teams are in top condition by the time the playoffs start. If WOS has an Achillies hill, ( for those of you who think I'm bashing please take note; I did say [b']"IF") it has to be depth. I'm sure Hooks will bring up some JV players as the playoffs get closer to try and give some relief, but that means weakening the chain, by replacing starters with JV players, and a chain gang is only as strong as its weakest link. So in answer to the question " Can they play with SIZE, and SPEED"? the answer is yes. Was there ever any doubt? The Question that should be on your minds is " Will WOSs lack of depth be there undoing in 2006"?

Depth is always a concern, especially when your roster has only 26 players. I'm not too worried about conditioning, but as with any other 3A school, the difference between a first string player and his replacement could be pretty large, particularly depending on the position (we are loaded with skill players, for example). In that light, I don't see an injury to a WOS starter being any more harmful than it would be for most other teams across the state who would lose a starting player, so I don't think that, by itself, will be the undoing of this team.

I thought the differance in the two teams were coaching preperation and tradition. School tradition at WOS is for football. It is coached and thought about 365 days a year.At Silsbee basketball takes away from football at times.Silsbee has alot of talent but for some reason alot of kids are not quite reaching that next level.They surely have fan support and it looks like they are about to turn the corner.

wos-76 wrote:

I thought the difference in the two teams were coaching preparation and tradition. School tradition at WOS is for football. It is coached and thought about 365 days a year. At Silsbee basketball takes away from football at times. Silsbee has alot of talent but for some reason alot of kids are not quite reaching that next level. They surely have fan support and it looks like they are about to turn the corner

For the record I wasn't making any comparisons. Just stating the obvious.

I first will appolagize for some recent comments on my part toward Coach McGallion.......I criticized publicly, I'll appolagize publicly!

Second.....GREAT COACHING, we made some MAJOR adjustments from previous weeks, and it showed. Sure there were some calls that could be questioned, but sometimes you go against what everyone is thinking to get the element of surprise........if that pass is caught instead of the INT........he is a genious....and WE WIN....it didn't so move on!

If SHS will take this game, and continue to improve (which they will) we will play at least 3 rounds deep. The Tigers got a taste of how sucessful they can be with simple execution and hard work. Remember WOS is a great team (#2 in the State), we had a chance to win that game, so by my calulations......we can play with anybody as well!

GO TIGERS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder