Central vs Livingston Prediction thread

D3zii

[quote name="badndn" post="859338" timestamp="1285622942"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73515.msg859334#msg859334 date=1285622726]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=73515.msg859321#msg859321 date=1285622291]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=73515.msg859291#msg859291 date=1285621419]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=73515.msg859131#msg859131 date=1285610607]
notice how all the posters on here are png. just because yall got ran all over doesnt mean they will i predict central by about 15
[/quote]How strong is your defence ?
[/quote]
So who else would you expect to post? We are the only team that has seen them yet. I am telling you folks, that I have seen our defense stop the run against a pretty good running team that ran the same offense as Livingston in Gregory-Portland and Livingston ran right through us. It wasn't just because of a swiss cheese defense, I give a lot of the credit to a very, very good running attack from top to bottom.

And my logic is based on the fact that lesser Livingston teams and Vidor teams have beaten better Central teams in the past with this offense. I just can't logically pick Central to beat this Livingston team. Trust me, it's better for our Indians if you do win. Remember a Central win and a PNG win puts us right back in the tittle picture.
[/quote]When did Vidor beat us?  In the 2004 season?  Everybody exept Lumberton beat us that year...  Was a 1-9 team...
[/quote]
you know what I mean. You guys have struggled with Vidor teams since they went to the misdirection running game. No secret!
[/quote]Vidor just plays us tough.  Yes, they have given some of our better teams fits.  One game, we had a player that literally carried like 4 Vidor defenders in the end zone with him as time ran out to get the win...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="859281" timestamp="1285621089"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73515.msg858086#msg858086 date=1285508323]
[quote author=Lionfan link=topic=73515.msg858077#msg858077 date=1285506961]
I hate to bust your bubble soulja but the Livingston Lions rushed for almost 500 yards with a makeshift O-line see related news story  that coupled with the fact the Jags have never beaten Livingston makes this Lionfan like our chances!!!!
[/quote]Keep thinking that...  Ozen thought the same thing, until these Jags got it rolling...  Yall have a 9 ypc back... So do we.  Yall have a big O-Line... So do we. Seems like yalls QB is athletic.. Our young gun int too shaby himself..Makes for a game where defense will need to step up.  The last 2 games, we have only given up 24 points.  What about Livingston?  ;)
[/quote]look hear  soulja yall played a good game but lets be real thank God for turn overs & turn overs it was. watch your tone when you say thats what ozen thought!ozen ran the ball instead of going with their passing game. if or should i say when ozen become the team they are witch is a passing taem they will do just fine
[/quote]
QJ, Im not one to talk noise, but you guys tryed to throw, but with the pressure in the QB's face he never got it off. And it wasnt like you guys just gave us the ball, we hit and took the ball..But anyway the ozen game is over now on to livingston..

[quote name="D3zii" post="859544" timestamp="1285638029"]
[quote author=bmtqj33 link=topic=73515.msg859281#msg859281 date=1285621089]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73515.msg858086#msg858086 date=1285508323]
[quote author=Lionfan link=topic=73515.msg858077#msg858077 date=1285506961]
I hate to bust your bubble soulja but the Livingston Lions rushed for almost 500 yards with a makeshift O-line see related news story  that coupled with the fact the Jags have never beaten Livingston makes this Lionfan like our chances!!!!
[/quote]Keep thinking that...  Ozen thought the same thing, until these Jags got it rolling...  Yall have a 9 ypc back... So do we.  Yall have a big O-Line... So do we. Seems like yalls QB is athletic.. Our young gun int too shaby himself..Makes for a game where defense will need to step up.  The last 2 games, we have only given up 24 points.  What about Livingston?  ;)
[/quote]look hear  soulja yall played a good game but lets be real thank God for turn overs & turn overs it was. watch your tone when you say thats what ozen thought!ozen ran the ball instead of going with their passing game. if or should i say when ozen become the team they are witch is a passing taem they will do just fine
[/quote]
QJ, Im not one to talk noise, but you guys tryed to throw, but with the pressure in the QB's face he never got it off. And it wasnt like you guys just gave us the ball, we hit and took the ball..But anyway the ozen game is over now on to livingston..
[/quote]well all i know is i have a prob when our freshman put up a 21-0
jv 45-0 and v get beat 41- 14 and when you look at the stats and it tells it all. we threw more than yall.we ran just as many yards than yall so my point is thank God for turn overs!

Absent's, formally known as Shorttexas1, opinion!!!  This is a TRUE football guy giving you the best!!!  I have not seen Livingston but I will give my opinion based on all the post.

The mis-direction run scheme of Livingston will be less of an issue this year.  Because this year they are not running Stowers scheme.  Last year they tried to stay true to it because of the returning starters, but did not do a great job at it.  The reason it was an issue in the past is because it was a sell-out blitze gap packages.  So, if your linebacker was not blitzing the right gap the you were pretty much screwed and praying the your safety could make the tackle 10 yards down feild because the line backers were in the backfield and out of position..  Now they run a zone gap read attack.  They rarely blitz which will be a big positive against this type of ofense.  The issue will be tackling.  They must make sound takles are they will get grinded (if that is a word) out of the game!!  If they tackle well, the current defense will perform much better against the veer attack.

Time of possession wont be an issue for the Jags. Livingston will probably own TOP but the Jags only score on big plays.  This hurts this Jag team, they cannot drive the field and score mythodically.  If Livingstoion can limit the big plays it is likely that the Jags wont score much.

All that rambling said, I think the Jags win only if Livingston turns the ball over twice (and they will).  It will be low scoring (in the low twentys), close game!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder