Lone Star Football

Yep

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We looked into the Bulls organization, but I just can not justify traveling over a 1000 miles round trip for the season. Not counting practices and post season play for 7-11 year old football. No thanks we will stick to playing locally. Best of luck to you on the season though.

Just for everyones information.  There are 2 kids from Lumberton on the Hawks team  one running back and one lineman only. There are 2 other Lumberton kids that now live and go to school in HJ. I talked to the coach this weekend to check the facts on that.
The game went into rain delay that went into a make up...HJ leads 7 to 0 midway through the first quarter, and was every bit the game everyone expected 2 really good squads going at each other.

Guest trashman
[quote name="Yep" post="858934" timestamp="1285594298"]
  Just for everyones information.  There are 2 kids from Lumberton on the Hawks team  one running back and one lineman only. There are 2 other Lumberton kids that now live and go to school in HJ. I talked to the coach this weekend to check the facts on that.
The game went into rain delay that went into a make up...HJ leads 7 to 0 midway through the first quarter, and was every bit the game everyone expected 2 really good squads going at each other.
[/quote]
Wow! its amazing how some areas play with the talent they have and build programs and even more amazing that some would go and recruit from other places to build their program! Did we forget these are kids and the morals you teach of how to be a winner can be tainted by cheating! I know for a fact that there are several kids on HJ junior and senior team that are students at Lumberton and do not attend HJ! I know the QB from HJ Jr. for sure goes to school in Lumberton but the parents have an old address in sour lake  ::)! Wow! So say what u like, the board should reevaluate how they let kids play from other areas that are not attending those particular schools. If that is the case everyone should recruit and build a team, but what are you saying to the kids of your own community? Are they not good enough to teach and build? Wow! U know it would be fair to say that Warren wins even if they lose because they are playing with kids from their community! Oh by the way my kids go to school with some of these kids on HJ team that is how I know they attend Lumberton school!

Guest trashman
[quote name="oldschool_50" post="859351" timestamp="1285623753"]
oh geez here we go... somebody got their feelings hurt because little johnny's team got beat.  so let the rumors, half-truths and innuendo's fly.  Thie crap never ceases to amaze me.
[/quote]
NO RUMORS JUST FACTS! IF THE SITE WOULD ALLOW THE NAMES TO BE MENTIONED I WOULD BUT WHY? THERE IS NO POINT TO PROVE BECAUSE THESE ARE JUST CHILDREN! THE SO CALLED COACHES OF HJ SHOULD PLAY FAIRLY WITH THE TALENT THEY HAVE NOT OUR BELOVED BOYS THAT BELONG TO THE L-TRAIN OF STJFL! IF YALL WANT TO BECOME PART OF OUR LEAGUE THEN JOIN US!

[quote name="trashman" post="859382" timestamp="1285626414"]
[quote author=oldschool_50 link=topic=73335.msg859351#msg859351 date=1285623753]
oh geez here we go... somebody got their feelings hurt because little johnny's team got beat.  so let the rumors, half-truths and innuendo's fly.  Thie crap never ceases to amaze me.
[/quote]
NO RUMORS JUST FACTS! IF THE SITE WOULD ALLOW THE NAMES TO BE MENTIONED I WOULD BUT WHY? THERE IS NO POINT TO PROVE BECAUSE THESE ARE JUST CHILDREN! THE SO CALLED COACHES OF HJ SHOULD PLAY FAIRLY WITH THE TALENT THEY HAVE NOT OUR BELOVED BOYS THAT BELONG TO THE L-TRAIN OF STJFL! IF YALL WANT TO BECOME PART OF OUR LEAGUE THEN JOIN US!
[/quote] :'(

[quote name="trashman" post="859213" timestamp="1285616148"]
[quote author=Yep link=topic=73335.msg858934#msg858934 date=1285594298]
[/quote]
Wow! its amazing how some areas play with the talent they have and build programs and even more amazing that some would go and recruit from other places to build their program! Did we forget these are kids and the morals you teach of how to be a winner can be tainted by cheating! I know for a fact that there are several kids on HJ junior and senior team that are students at Lumberton and do not attend HJ! I know the QB from HJ Jr. for sure goes to school in Lumberton but the parents have an old address in sour lake  ::)! Wow! So say what u like, the board should reevaluate how they let kids play from other areas that are not attending those particular schools. If that is the case everyone should recruit and build a team, but what are you saying to the kids of your own community? Are they not good enough to teach and build? Wow! U know it would be fair to say that Warren wins even if they lose because they are playing with kids from their community! Oh by the way my kids go to school with some of these kids on HJ team that is how I know they attend Lumberton school!
[/quote]  Lonestar Football board makes up certification guidelines. I'm sure they'll give you a copy if you wish. How exactly do you "know" the HJ Jr. QB's family?  Someone is feeding you false information, & you are falling for it hook, line, and sinker. And, honestly, it's making you look kinda silly to the people that really know the facts about these kids, their living, family, & school situations. Just my opinion...  :o

[quote name="trashman" post="859382" timestamp="1285626414"]
[quote author=oldschool_50 link=topic=73335.msg859351#msg859351 date=1285623753]
[/quote]
[/quote]no there MR M we got our butts whiped by HJ but there ACE running back is a Lumberton KID by far

Guest trashman
[quote name="HJRocks" post="859563" timestamp="1285639530"]
[quote author=trashman link=topic=73335.msg859213#msg859213 date=1285616148]
[/quote]
[/quote]  Lonestar Football board makes up certification guidelines. I'm sure they'll give you a copy if you wish. How exactly do you "know" the HJ Jr. QB's family?  Someone is feeding you false information, & you are falling for it hojavascript:void(0);ok, line, and sinker. And, honestly, it's making you look kinda silly to the people that really know the facts about these kids, their living, family, & school situations. Just my opinion...  :o
[/quo
Well lets see if u know someone in the school like perhaps inside friend you can get a falsified report card and place that kids name on it! wow! Does that strike a bell! Well no need to discuss this any farther Its just unfortunate to the other teams in the league that people would go to this level to win a pee wee game! OMG!  Good luck to you HJ! Meaning the kids not the adults who have all this twisted for your kids! HF you r right he is a Lumberton kid by far! Maybe Lonestar should borrow my kids yearbook! Maybe I should send it to Clyde!  :o

Guest Yo Gabba
Wow..... first of all I dropped my son off and picked him up from the HJ Junior QB's house for a sleep over about a week ago, and I can ASSURE you it is in HJ. Second of all the running back for the SR team is from Lumberton and that has never been disputed...OH and by the way it was done legally through the board and the proper paper work was filled out. We did not try and slide something by or pull one over on you... we went through the proper channels and followed every rule if you do not like it show up at the annual meetings and change the rule...
Sorry if there are some poor losers out there crying and belly aching but we did nothing wrong. Lumberton does NOT have a Lone Star football program and 7th graders can not play in STJFL so I guess we should tell these 12 year olds tuff stuff for you but you can not play football this year.
I also do not hear any complaining from the MANY little league teams that take HJ baseball players because HJ does not have a little league but instead a Pony league. Grow up and play the game.
The last time I checked there are 11 players on a football team on the field, it is ashame that it only takes our 1 LUMBERTON running back to beat your 11.....

Guest Yo Gabba
By the way TRASHMAN you should REALLY check your facts and you would not look like a COMPLETE idiot, but just an idiot.

Also EVERYONE read YEPs post...WE ADMIT WE HAVE kids from Lumberton on our team....NEWS FLASH read your certification guide lines it is all done leagally.......if you do not like it show up and vote for a change in certification process....otherwise quit whinning.......

Guest trashman
HMMMMMM! ??? ??? ??? WE WILL HAVE TO SEE ABOUT ALL OF THAT! YEA I AM SURE U MAY HAVE DROPPED YOUR CHILD THERE BUT I WILL ASSURE YOU THERE ARE TWO ADDRESSES! FINAL RESULT THEY ARE LUMBERTON STUDENTS NOT HJ! YEA HAVE NO PROBLEM TAKING YOUR BOYS WE HELP GROOM THEM FOR YALL TO HAVE A BETTER HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL TEAM! LETS NOT MAKE THIS A STRUGGLE BECAUSE AT THE END THEY ARE KIDS! LIKE I SAID BEFORE BUILD YOUR PROGRAM WITH OUR KIDS NOT YOUR OWN! CLEARED OR NOT?????? ::)

Guest trashman
[quote name="Yo Gabba" post="859657" timestamp="1285645546"]
By the way TRASHMAN you should REALLY check your facts and you would not look like a COMPLETE idiot, but just an idiot.

Also EVERYONE read YEPs post...WE ADMIT WE HAVE kids from Lumberton on our team....NEWS FLASH read your certification guide lines it is all done leagally.......if you do not like it show up and vote for a change in certification process....otherwise quit whinning.......
[/quote]
WHOSE WHINING? MY KID IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS IGNORANCE. IN THE END THE IDIOT IS ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SET PRECEDENT FOR HJ OF HAVING NOT ENOUGH TALENT SO YOU RECRUIT OURS! LOL! SO IN THE END THE COMPLETE IDIOT IS YALL. WOW! :'( :'( :'( :'(
I THINK I WILL INFORM A FEW FRIENDS TO CLARIFY ALL OF YOUR PLAYERS IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE! HMMMM! :o :o :o :o

Trashman,

You may want to read the forum rules. They are located on the main page at the bottom.  Here's one that came to mind after reading your post.

6) NO SHOUTING!!- (Use of "Caps Lock") The standard practice on most message boards, forums, emails, web pages, etc. is that the use of all caps is regarded as SHOUTING!!

[quote name="trashman" post="859609" timestamp="1285642038"]
[quote author=HJRocks link=topic=73335.msg859563#msg859563 date=1285639530]
[quote author=trashman link=topic=73335.msg859213#msg859213 date=1285616148]
[/quote]
[/quote]  Lonestar Football board makes up certification guidelines. I'm sure they'll give you a copy if you wish. How exactly do you "know" the HJ Jr. QB's family?  Someone is feeding you false information, & you are falling for it hojavascript:void(0);ok, line, and sinker. And, honestly, it's making you look kinda silly to the people that really know the facts about these kids, their living, family, & school situations. Just my opinion...  :o
[/quo
Well lets see if u know someone in the school like perhaps inside friend you can get a falsified report card and place that kids name on it! wow! Does that strike a bell! Well no need to discuss this any farther Its just unfortunate to the other teams in the league that people would go to this level to win a pee wee game! OMG!  Good luck to you HJ! Meaning the kids not the adults who have all this twisted for your kids! HF you r right he is a Lumberton kid by far! Maybe Lonestar should borrow my kids yearbook! Maybe I should send it to Clyde!   :o
[/quote]
Lol... who is Clyde...lol

This kid must be a stud.  Does he hike to himself?  Hand-off and pass to himself?  Block for himself? I wish he would stay in Lumberton if he lives there.  By the way ya'll talk he could probably start for the L-Train highschool right now.  Give me a break these are 10 and 11 yr. old kids.  Build your 11 players to stop one.  Sounds pretty simple.

I am the coach for the HJ Seniors, I have never been on this site but was told by a few of my parents about the "commotion" going on. My name is Richard Morreale and my screen name MoFo stands for my 4 sons Morreale Four. I would like to put that so no one thinks I am hiding behind a alias. I would like to answer a few responses in here.

1) JeuneBugg-thank you for being interested in our game as of now it is rescheduled for this Wed. (9/29) at the HJ field at 7pm. I will let you know through here if that changes.

2) Yep- thank you for recognizing this for what it is a good game between 2 good teams. and being to the point on our players.

3) Yo Gabba- I appreciate you being frank and honest (seems like you are in the know about what is going on).

4) Demon95 - Well put

To everyone else as Yep, and Yo Gabba stated we do not deny the fact that we have 2 Lumberton kids on the Sr team. We brought this to the board for certification and went through the proper channels to do so. The running back played on a select baseball team with our boys here in HJ. They spoke to us about not being able to play STJFL this year and we WELCOMED them to play with us. We did not go out and recruit or send flyers to the other schools begging for talent.  My son is the full back for our team and has scored almost as much as "The Lumberton Kid". I will also state that we have 24 players on our team that bust their rears 3 days a week (game included) to play a game. JUST A GAME, and I go out of the way to absolutely ASSURE that everyone of "MY" kids get the same amount of playing time. I have 4 kids on this team that have never got a chance to carry the ball let alone score, that have scored points this year.
  I have one of the most dedicated coaching staffs that a coach could ask for, guys that go out of their way to not just teach football but to teach teamwork and this is done through positive reinforcement. We respect every coach and player that we come in contact through out the year and we will continue to do so. We have cancelled practice due to a number of our kids having a BIG TEST the next day can you claim that with your coaches?
  You may say we are great because of our Lumberton Running back, I say our Lumberton Running back is great because of a GREAT group of young athletes that surround him.
  As I said I am new to this forum and appreciate everyones views but please do not degrade what these 11 and 12 year olds are doing, or make them feel that it is only because of 1 kid that they are winning. If anyone has any questions about any of my players please feel free to contact me.

Good Luck to all of the young talented athletes in the LoneStar League.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine