Lone Star Football

Yep

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]
Thanx, my son and his fellow team mates work really hard...Just so you know, that team was not hand picked, or select, etc...we have sign ups just like everyone else does....how would anyone even be able to select kids for a football team?  football is a sport of character and heart(for the successful teams)....you can't just waltz in to a school and pick that.....we had a great coaching staff and a great group of kids, you all know as well as I do, [color=red]every once in a  while a special group of kids come through and grow up together[/color]....that is one of those special groups.

nobody recruited or went out and scouted....[color=red]as a matter of fact, that was the first year those kids had played together[/color]....they have been reunited at WB as of this year.

Just because Clyde hadn't seen a team execute plays the [color=red]QB had been running since he was 7,[/color] means absolutely nothing....

Well, now I know, and the reason is as I suspected..... ::)....

[/quote]

So, that was the first year that these kids played together or not?  Hmmm.  The other reasons were that the agreement we had with Jay was that your kids were to come from four different elementary schools, and Jay understood this from the beginning, thats why Jay resigned, he did not want to face you guys with what he had done.  And like Mary said on this thread already, your kids came from all over Beaumont that year.

Good luck with the rest of your season, I hear you guys are doing well.

[quote name="oldschool_50" post="864176" timestamp="1286053476"]

[quote]
Thanx, my son and his fellow team mates work really hard...Just so you know, that team was not hand picked, or select, etc...we have sign ups just like everyone else does....how would anyone even be able to select kids for a football team?  football is a sport of character and heart(for the successful teams)....you can't just waltz in to a school and pick that.....we had a great coaching staff and a great group of kids, you all know as well as I do, [color=red]every once in a  while a special group of kids come through and grow up together[/color]....that is one of those special groups.

nobody recruited or went out and scouted....[color=red]as a matter of fact, that was the first year those kids had played together[/color]....they have been reunited at WB as of this year.

Just because Clyde hadn't seen a team execute plays the [color=red]QB had been running since he was 7,[/color] means absolutely nothing....

[/quote]

So, that was the first year that these kids played together or not?  Hmmm.  The other reasons were that the agreement we had with Jay was that your kids were to come from four different elementary schools, and Jay understood this from the beginning, thats why Jay resigned, he did not want to face you guys with what he had done.  And like Mary said on this thread already, your kids came from all over Beaumont that year.

Good luck with the rest of your season, I hear you guys are doing well.

[/quote]All but 5 or 6 of those kids are at WB....3 or 4 are @ Kelly and the other guys are at Ozen...Jay had told me that we were able to "Grandfather" in the guys that had been Bulls and any new members were to come from the four elementary s... because there was 4 levels of teams in TIFI, that year the team was composed of a mix of levels...thats why there was 5th 6th and a couple of 7th graders...they had not played together in TIFI...In TIFI 5th graders play with 5th graders, etc...

Trashman it is sad to me to see someone explain something to you sooooo many times and you just do not get it, at first I did not care for you much, but now I kinda pitty you. Please for the sake of bettering all of little league sports could you please write a guide line for all of us sneaky, backstabbing volunteers that only put 10 to 12 hours a week on the field with the kids to better ourselves..All these years I have been doing this and I realize that I have been doing it wrong.

Please oh please Trashman great guru of all things little league guide me away from the dark side, for I know not what I do..

[quote name="SgtRey" post="864112" timestamp="1286050790"]
[quote author=mwmuck link=topic=73335.msg862632#msg862632 date=1285958902]
The issue with the Beaumont Bulls SR team was one of tougher decisions we have had to make. We wanted Beaumont to be able to enter league play with us and give the kids from Beaumont an alternative to Pop Warner or playing select ball with TIFI. In opening negotiations with the people that were trying to form the Beaumont association we told them that we are basically a small school organization and that perhaps STJFL might be a better fit since they have many large school organizations and accept the idea of putting all the good kids on one team. We were assured that they had investigated that option and had decided to come with us. In our initial discussions the ground rules were that the teams would be of equal talent and from a narrow field of schools. Stacked, hand-picked or A-B-C teams would create a problem. It is very important that idea is followed since most of the elementary schools in our association compare, numbers-wise, with each of the four elementary schools that Beaumont would be bringing kids in from. The opportunity to combine kids from different schools to make a very talented team was foremost on our minds and in our discussions. We revisited that idea with Beaumont consistently and were assured that TIFI all-stars would not happen. Then we are faced with a TIFI Sr team. After expecting that Beaumont would get out and get a Sr team of kids from the designated schools we ended up with basically the same team that had traveled with TIFI the year before. The hand-picked group. That was not cool. As for calling everyone and their brother, your two leaders knew what the deal was. We had discussed what the problem was with them at length. They could have answered you. I could have answered you though I do not remember ever getting a call. Your leaders understood and knew what had happened to make us take the steps we did and had told us that they had seen it coming. We didn't see that happen with the other Beaumont teams and they had a stellar year and we even had the Super Bowl in Beaumont that year. All of the Board understood that you wanted to keep your TIFI team together but it would have been unfair to a whole lot more kids in our league to allow a select team to compete. Secondly, Deweyville has never been all 7th graders and no team in our league has ever been comprised of all 7th graders. After scrimmaging Deweyville, Clyde said that he had never seen a pee wee club with that much talent and Clyde would know. No one said that you cheated. No one begrudged your desire to keep your select team together but we would have been derelict in our duty to all the kids in the league to turn that hand-picked team loose against league teams. It would have been wrong. We pleaded with Beaumont to split their select talent before we even started and it appeared that they did....everywhere but the lone Sr team.

This may not have been what you wanted to hear but it should have been known to you years ago. I'm sorry you were never told by your president. He knew.

By the way, your son has done well at WB.

mark
[/quote]
Thanx, my son and his fellow team mates work really hard...Just so you know, that team was not hand picked, or select, etc...we have sign ups just like everyone else does....how would anyone even be able to select kids for a football team?  football is a sport of character and heart(for the successful teams)....you can't just waltz in to a school and pick that.....we had a great coaching staff and a great group of kids, you all know as well as I do, every once in a  while a special group of kids come through and grow up together....that is one of those special groups.

nobody recruited or went out and scouted....as a matter of fact, that was the first year those kids had played together....they have been reunited at WB as of this year.

Just because Clyde hadn't seen a team execute plays the QB had been running since he was 7, means absolutely nothing....

[/quote]
Well put!!! I know Jay and I remember the situation and Jay did not run and hide like they are saying.  Bototm line the Sr team was certified and the kids were kicked out. So much for inclusion. To bad ysall did not have the compassion for beaumont back then like yall have for the lumberton kid, then beaumont would have played in the LSL that year.

[quote name="player66" post="864680" timestamp="1286076063"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73335.msg864112#msg864112 date=1286050790]
[quote author=mwmuck link=topic=73335.msg862632#msg862632 date=1285958902]
The issue with the Beaumont Bulls SR team was one of tougher decisions we have had to make. We wanted Beaumont to be able to enter league play with us and give the kids from Beaumont an alternative to Pop Warner or playing select ball with TIFI. In opening negotiations with the people that were trying to form the Beaumont association we told them that we are basically a small school organization and that perhaps STJFL might be a better fit since they have many large school organizations and accept the idea of putting all the good kids on one team. We were assured that they had investigated that option and had decided to come with us. In our initial discussions the ground rules were that the teams would be of equal talent and from a narrow field of schools. Stacked, hand-picked or A-B-C teams would create a problem. It is very important that idea is followed since most of the elementary schools in our association compare, numbers-wise, with each of the four elementary schools that Beaumont would be bringing kids in from. The opportunity to combine kids from different schools to make a very talented team was foremost on our minds and in our discussions. We revisited that idea with Beaumont consistently and were assured that TIFI all-stars would not happen. Then we are faced with a TIFI Sr team. After expecting that Beaumont would get out and get a Sr team of kids from the designated schools we ended up with basically the same team that had traveled with TIFI the year before. The hand-picked group. That was not cool. As for calling everyone and their brother, your two leaders knew what the deal was. We had discussed what the problem was with them at length. They could have answered you. I could have answered you though I do not remember ever getting a call. Your leaders understood and knew what had happened to make us take the steps we did and had told us that they had seen it coming. We didn't see that happen with the other Beaumont teams and they had a stellar year and we even had the Super Bowl in Beaumont that year. All of the Board understood that you wanted to keep your TIFI team together but it would have been unfair to a whole lot more kids in our league to allow a select team to compete. Secondly, Deweyville has never been all 7th graders and no team in our league has ever been comprised of all 7th graders. After scrimmaging Deweyville, Clyde said that he had never seen a pee wee club with that much talent and Clyde would know. No one said that you cheated. No one begrudged your desire to keep your select team together but we would have been derelict in our duty to all the kids in the league to turn that hand-picked team loose against league teams. It would have been wrong. We pleaded with Beaumont to split their select talent before we even started and it appeared that they did....everywhere but the lone Sr team.

This may not have been what you wanted to hear but it should have been known to you years ago. I'm sorry you were never told by your president. He knew.

By the way, your son has done well at WB.

mark
[/quote]
Thanx, my son and his fellow team mates work really hard...Just so you know, that team was not hand picked, or select, etc...we have sign ups just like everyone else does....how would anyone even be able to select kids for a football team?  football is a sport of character and heart(for the successful teams)....you can't just waltz in to a school and pick that.....we had a great coaching staff and a great group of kids, you all know as well as I do, every once in a  while a special group of kids come through and grow up together....that is one of those special groups.

nobody recruited or went out and scouted....as a matter of fact, that was the first year those kids had played together....they have been reunited at WB as of this year.

Just because Clyde hadn't seen a team execute plays the QB had been running since he was 7, means absolutely nothing....

[/quote]
Well put!!! I know Jay and I remember the situation and Jay did not run and hide like they are saying.  Bototm line the Sr team was certified and the kids were kicked out. So much for inclusion. To bad ysall did not have the compassion for beaumont back then like yall have for the lumberton kid, then beaumont would have played in the LSL that year.
[/quote]The bulls did play with Lonestar that year and also the year after that ??? ???

[quote name="the sports guy" post="864653" timestamp="1286074147"]
Im trying to remember the year that everyone has been talking about......I dont knooooooooooow but......didnt the Silsbee Sr Team win the Superbowl? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
Your right, hard charger...we did not have the pleasure of playing Silsbee that year...would have been a good game I am sure....but I was glad you guys kicked the crap out of Deweville.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="864954" timestamp="1286124182"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=73335.msg864653#msg864653 date=1286074147]
Im trying to remember the year that everyone has been talking about......I dont knooooooooooow but......didnt the Silsbee Sr Team win the Superbowl? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
Your right, hard charger...we did not have the pleasure of playing Silsbee that year...would have been a good game I am sure....but I was glad you guys kicked the crap out of Deweville.
[/quote]
Real classy post.  ::)

[quote name="SgtRey" post="864954" timestamp="1286124182"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=73335.msg864653#msg864653 date=1286074147]
[/quote]
[/quote]Aaww come on now SgtRey...the kids in Deweville have feelings too.

[quote name="mwmuck" post="863689" timestamp="1286000851"]
I've explained it every way I know how. I haven't called any names. You are accusing good people of doing things under the table. You are accusing people of lying and going against the rules. I have tried to explain but some folks do not care to hear the truth if it doesn't fit their preconceived idea of reality. Fine. Let's try it this way:

I'm to blame. I personally stacked HJ's team with fifty Lumberton gorillas so that they could win a pee wee football game. I'm guilty as charged. You win, Trash. I couldn't sneak anything past ol' dead-eye. Why, if it weren't for Lumberton kids that we recruit, we wouldn't know which end of the football sticks in the tee. But wait 'till next year when we recruit kids from Pt Neches to play for HF and kids from Nederland to play for EC. My personal favorite will be recruiting Vidor kids to go play in.....VIDOR!! I'm just glad you didn't find out about the Kountze kids that play for Silsbee or the Little Cypress kids that play for MV and DV. That would have been the end of Lonestar as we know it.
[/quote] ;D ;D Classic Muck ;D ;D

Guest Yo Gabba
[quote]I'm to blame. I personally stacked HJ's team with fifty Lumberton gorillas so that they could win a pee wee football game. I'm guilty as charged. You win, Trash. I couldn't sneak anything past ol' dead-eye. Why, if it weren't for Lumberton kids that we recruit, we wouldn't know which end of the football sticks in the tee. But wait 'till next year when we recruit kids from Pt Neches to play for HF and kids from Nederland to play for EC. My personal favorite will be recruiting Vidor kids to go play in.....VIDOR!! I'm just glad you didn't find out about the Kountze kids that play for Silsbee or the Little Cypress kids that play for MV and DV. That would have been the end of Lonestar as we know it[/quote]

Now that is good stuff...LOL.....My thoughts just from following this thread is that HJ must be winning are there would only be about 2 replies on this thread.

To Mr. Muck and Mr. Morreale good to see people put their name out there when they stand up for what they say kudow to you guys, and keep up the good work

[quote name="Clydefan" post="864992" timestamp="1286128649"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73335.msg864954#msg864954 date=1286124182]
[/quote]
[/quote]Yeah...we remember that great group of kids...at the jamboree they shouted every name in the book at our players...."N" word, "N" lovers, etc(our team was ethnically mixed)... yes,they were a great group of kids and coaches ::)....that's why I said I'm glad Silsbee whip dat tail!....I'm sure it wasn't all the kids, but having our kids come to the sideline, telling me what was being said, was enough for me to see what the entire Deweville Senior organization that year was about....I told my kids we'd take care of business on the field...and did we ever... ;D...

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="864957" timestamp="1286124608"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yea... thats the guy I want spending time with and working with my 10yr old son!!!!!

[quote name="Clydefan" post="865523" timestamp="1286203226"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=73335.msg864957#msg864957 date=1286124608]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yea... thats the guy I want spending time with and working with my 10yr old son!!!!!
[/quote]
Bring him over, I'll coach him up... ;)

[quote name="SgtRey" post="865516" timestamp="1286202766"]
[quote author=Clydefan link=topic=73335.msg864992#msg864992 date=1286128649]
[/quote]
[/quote]Yeah...we remember that great group of kids...at the jamboree they shouted every name in the book at our players...."N" word, "N" lovers, etc(our team was ethnically mixed)... yes,they were a great group of kids and coaches ::)....that's why I said I'm glad Silsbee whip dat tail!....I'm sure it wasn't all the kids, but having our kids come to the sideline, telling me what was being said, was enough for me to see what the entire Deweville Senior organization that year was about....I told my kids we'd take care of business on the field...and did we ever... ;D...

[/quote]
And your kids just never said any derogatory comments to the Deweyville kids either? Right.  ::) I was on the sidelines that day and I also heard what was said so don't spread a one sided attack on one city, their kids and community without telling the WHOLE story.  I didn't condone that behavior from either kids and associations at the time and I said so.

Guest lonestar crooks
claude dont like getting beat..thats why the bulls got ran out..CL need's to fix his face .and Muck well he is a schmuck...he is Cl's puppet!

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="865699" timestamp="1286221085"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73335.msg865516#msg865516 date=1286202766]
[/quote]

[/quote]
And your kids just never said any derogatory comments to the Deweyville kids either? Right.  ::) I was on the sidelines that day and I also heard what was said so don't spread a one sided attack on one city, their kids and community without telling the WHOLE story.  I didn't condone that behavior from either kids and associations at the time and I said so.
[/quote]
Yeah...we were calling names because we were kicking butt... ::)..makes a lot of sense...try that one somewhere else. :P

[quote name="SgtRey" post="865771" timestamp="1286225697"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=73335.msg865699#msg865699 date=1286221085]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Yeah...we were calling names because we were kicking butt... ::)..makes a lot of sense...try that one somewhere else. :P
[/quote]
Truth is known by those who were there.  Try telling it sometimes you might feel better.  :o

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="865876" timestamp="1286233789"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73335.msg865771#msg865771 date=1286225697]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Truth is known by those who were there.  Try telling it sometimes you might feel better.  :o
[/quote]
I wasn't there either....oh! wait I was the head coach...like I said try that one somewhere else.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="865975" timestamp="1286239144"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=73335.msg865876#msg865876 date=1286233789]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I wasn't there either....oh! wait I was the head coach...like I said try that one somewhere else.
[/quote]
And your kids reflected their head coach, nice job Coach. I was there too. So try lying somewhere else.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="865987" timestamp="1286239788"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73335.msg865975#msg865975 date=1286239144]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
And your kids reflected their head coach, nice job Coach. I was there too. So try lying somewhere else.
[/quote]So what your saying is that our kids started name calling Deweville?

[quote name="SgtRey" post="865990" timestamp="1286239899"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=73335.msg865987#msg865987 date=1286239788]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=73335.msg865975#msg865975 date=1286239144]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]So what your saying is that our kids started name calling Deweville?
[/quote]
No sir, as I stated previously, both were guilty of that and I voiced my displeasure at the time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa