Cardiac arrhythmia possible cause of Garrett's death

KFDM COOP

I have cardiac arrhymathia with an ICD, internal cardiac defibrillator, implant. I have had cardiac arrest two times. If Reggie indeed did have a cardiac arrhymathia and his heart went into cardiac arrest I would think that the parametics could have revived him with a difibrillator assuming that the ambulance has one and I think they do. I don't know if this is what happened or not as I don't pretend to know all there is about arrhymathias. RIP Reggie.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="852985" timestamp="1285094603"]
I continue to be mystified the Enterprise's fascination with speculating on Reggie Garrett's death before the final results of his autopsy come in. 

Yellow dog journalism at its finest.
[/quote]

i was getting on here to say the same thing...

[quote name="bullets13000" post="852988" timestamp="1285094714"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=73269.msg852985#msg852985 date=1285094603]
I continue to be mystified the Enterprise's fascination with speculating on Reggie Garrett's death before the final results of his autopsy come in. 

Yellow dog journalism at its finest.
[/quote]

i was getting on here to say the same thing...
[/quote]

Yellow dogs are even offended by the Beaumont Enterprise...Isn't there a lawyer or something they can specualte about?  Naw...I wouldn't even wish the Beaumont Enterprise on the scumiest lawyer...That would be a step up for the Enterprise.  Can we say subscription cancellations?

It can only cause problems when they guess (three different times in one article) at what happened. And if I were them I woudnt ask for cardiovascular imput from Beaumont Bone and Joint. He may be in sports medicine but that does not make him an expert in heart issues especially in a youn man he never examined. I say leave the cause alone until they get a definative answer. Out of respect for the family if nothing else. A lot of people are curious but IMO it's nobody's business untill the Garrett family gets their answers.

[quote name="kville" post="853019" timestamp="1285096807"]
It can only cause problems when they guess (three different times in one article) at what happened. And if I were them I woudnt ask for cardiovascular imput from Beaumont Bone and Joint. He may be in sports medicine but that does not make him an expert in heart issues especially in a youn man he never examined. I say leave the cause alone until they get a definative answer. Out of respect for the family if nothing else. A lot of people are curious but IMO it's nobody's business untill the Garrett family gets their answers.
[/quote]

My sentiment precisely, kville.  But these "journalists" don't seem to get it.

[quote name="kville" post="853019" timestamp="1285096807"]
[/quote]

agreed...

I have to bite my tongue and not swear at this one. The young mans family is grieving over the loss of their loved one and all they want to write about is how his life may have ended. Give his family a break and write about the young mans life and his accomplishments. Show what a steward he was on and off a football field. Interview his classmates and team mates. Wait until the medical examiner has completed his FINAL REPORT before you publish anymore about this young mans death.

[quote name="BigDog007" post="853043" timestamp="1285098329"]
I have to bite my tongue and not swear at this one. The young mans family is grieving over the loss of their loved one and all they want to write about is how his life may have ended. Give his family a break and write about the young mans life and his accomplishments. Show what a steward he was on and off a football field. Interview his classmates and team mates. Wait until the medical examiner has completed his FINAL REPORT before you publish anymore about this young mans death.
[/quote]

Agreed, but that seems to be too much to ask of these folks and what it does is overshadow a lot of the good articles that they are doing.

[quote name="BigDog007" post="853043" timestamp="1285098329"]
[/quote]

Again, agreed.  I notice that none of the other media sources has been playing "let's take a guess" with the untimely death of this fine young man.  It seems to me that the reporting staff of the Beaumont Enterprise has been hired from the ranks of the National Enquirer, World News Daily, and other rags that are suitable for use as bird cage liners.  Please, go back to reporting on Bat Boy (or the fine play by that name put on by the Orange Community Players).  Speculating about his passing does nothing but keep the wound fresh, and DOES NOT promote healing.  If the medical examiner's report had come out, I would understand, but right now, all this speculation is at the least, un-needed, and at the most, a calculated attempt by the reporter/reporters to stir the pot at the expense of the family and the community at large.  If this is the case, the reporters should be let go.  I still say, vote with your pocketbook.  If the Enterprise does not print a retraction, cancel subscriptions.  If you are an advertiser, cancel your advertising.  Let them know how you feel.  They can cite the first amendment all they want...it is also our first amendment right to ignore them, and to spend outr advertising dollar elsewhere.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder