HD @ Deweyville predictions

SteelerCzy

[quote name="knows2much" post="854216" timestamp="1285251727"]
Just wait and see...  I'm not saying that Deweyville is a bad team.  Because I've never seen them play.  But....Sabine Pass is probably a top 5 worst team around here.  Warren is probably a top 5 worst team around here.  Burkeville is probably a top 5 worst team around here.  And Evadale is down big time from last year.  I wasn't there...but I heard they were embarrassed by Kountze in a scrimmage.  So like I said.  Just wait and see.  I don't think Deweyville has played anyone as good as HD yet.  And this game just might surprise some people.
[/quote]
So you've not seen Deweyville play this year or Evadale but you think HD is better than both?  ::)

Re: HD @ Deweyville predictions
« Reply #25 on: Today at 12:29:33 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: knows2much on Today at 09:23:55 AM
Just wait and see...  I'm not saying that Deweyville is a bad team.  Because I've never seen them play.  But....Sabine Pass is probably a top 5 worst team around here.  Warren is probably a top 5 worst team around here.  Burkeville is probably a top 5 worst team around here.  And Evadale is down big time from last year.  I wasn't there...but I heard they were embarrassed by Kountze in a scrimmage.  So like I said.  Just wait and see.  I don't think Deweyville has played anyone as good as HD yet.  And this game just might surprise some people.

So you've not seen Deweyville play this year or Evadale but you think HD is better than both? 

I think HD is better than Deweyville and I haven't seen them play either.  Seems to be an educated guess.

[quote name="HD94" post="854380" timestamp="1285264437"]

Re: HD @ Deweyville predictions
« Reply #25 on: Today at 12:29:33 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: knows2much on Today at 09:23:55 AM
Just wait and see...  I'm not saying that Deweyville is a bad team.  Because I've never seen them play.  But....Sabine Pass is probably a top 5 worst team around here.  Warren is probably a top 5 worst team around here.  Burkeville is probably a top 5 worst team around here.  And Evadale is down big time from last year.  I wasn't there...but I heard they were embarrassed by Kountze in a scrimmage.  So like I said.  Just wait and see.  I don't think Deweyville has played anyone as good as HD yet.  And this game just might surprise some people.

So you've not seen Deweyville play this year or Evadale but you think HD is better than both?   

I think HD is better than Deweyville and I haven't seen them play either.  Seems to be an educated guess.
[/quote]
Educated?  ::)

No I haven't seen either play.  But I've seen Sabine Pass play.  And I watched Kountze and HD play.  Sabine Pass is an embarrassment of a football team.  And to be honest with you...HD gave it to Kountze pretty good.  The score didn't indicate it, but if HD wouldn't have fumbled so many times it could've been ugly.  If it's true that the Kountze/Evadale scrimmage went the way I heard, then yeah I think HD is better than both of them.

[quote name="knows2much" post="854403" timestamp="1285265668"]
No I haven't seen either play.  But I've seen Sabine Pass play.  And I watched Kountze and HD play.  Sabine Pass is an embarrassment of a football team.  And to be honest with you...HD gave it to Kountze pretty good.  The score didn't indicate it, but if HD wouldn't have fumbled so many times it could've been ugly.  If it's true that the Kountze/Evadale scrimmage went the way I heard, then yeah I think HD is better than both of them.
[/quote]
We will find out soon enough.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="854526" timestamp="1285278210"]
[quote author=HD94 link=topic=73179.msg854388#msg854388 date=1285264868]
Yes educated we must learn from history and history shows year in and year out when HD and Deweyville have played HD is better.
[/quote] Hands down H-D has owned D-Ville !!!!!! Them Bobcats looked nasty last week against a 3A !!!!!!! Bobcats won 28-6 !!!!!!
[/quote]
How nasty did they look against them 1a's Iola and crossroads?

[quote name="HD94" post="854437" timestamp="1285268009"]
Okay SteelerCzy what makes you think Deweyville is 17 points better than HD?  You seem to have something to say about every post that says HD wins, like its a crazy thought that Deweyville loses. 
[/quote]
Watched the video of HD this year, either team CAN win Friday, whoever plays the best will win, I have seen both and will stand by my predicton. Let's wait and see tomorrow and hopefully both teams come out of the game healthy and ready for their respective District races.

I am tired of hearing about how HD beat a 3a and they beat Kountze, and Evadale lost to Kountze in a scrimmage, but Evadale beat D-ville so HD is gonna beat D-ville. First off, tarkington is the equivalent of an average 1a team, so no contest there. And if you are using the evadale/kountze scrimmage as a measuring stick then u are dumb because it was A SCRIMMAGE, and kountze only scored on busted plays that shouldve been stopped for losses but evadale didnt wrap up.  Anyways now thats off my chest...... I still think deweyville wins this one.

[quote name="Sheldon" post="854555" timestamp="1285282698"]
I am tired of hearing about how HD beat a 3a and they beat Kountze, and Evadale lost to Kountze in a scrimmage, but Evadale beat D-ville so HD is gonna beat D-ville. First off, tarkington is the equivalent of an average 1a team, so no contest there. And if you are using the evadale/kountze scrimmage as a measuring stick then u are dumb because it was A SCRIMMAGE, and kountze only scored on busted plays that shouldve been stopped for losses but evadale didnt wrap up.  Anyways now thats off my chest...... I still think deweyville wins this one.
[/quote]I agree with you for the most part. But lets not forget Tarkington lost to Hardin on a last second TD pass. Hardin is pretty damn good. Also if you don't realize a 3A has numbers on any 1A you are way in left field. For a 1A to beat a 3A is pretty impressive. Also Kountze is a 2A with maybe the best RB in the area and H-D beat them. H-D had 8 fumbles against Iola and 5 against Crossroads. Bottom line is if H-D holds on to the ball D-Ville will get hammered. H-D just has way to many athletes.

H-D 28
D-Ville 7

[quote name="knows2much" post="854403" timestamp="1285265668"]
[/quote]

How pathetic that you have to attack the small school of Sabine Pass to try to make a point. How horrible to say that these young men are an embarrassment of a football team. This only speaks volumes about your sportsmanship or total lack of. Deweyville may have to overcome some obstacles Friday night BUT we would never slam a team as poorly as you have done by your comment above.

[quote name="pirate supporter" post="854725" timestamp="1285295397"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=73179.msg854403#msg854403 date=1285265668]
[/quote]

How pathetic that you have to attack the small school of Sabine Pass to try to make a point. How horrible to say that these young men are an embarrassment of a football team. This only speaks volumes about your sportsmanship or total lack of. Deweyville may have to overcome some obstacles Friday night BUT we would never slam a team as poorliy as you have done by your comment above.
[/quote]my thoughts exactly......i have been in and around high school football for the last 20 yrs and while the level of athletic play has risen, the level of sportmanship has not....

You're right.  My above statement was a little harsh and I apologize.  I know that the kids are trying their best.  But you have to wonder how a team (Sabine Pass) can be competitive in boys basketball, baseball, and track,  but not have a chance week in and week out in football.  Something doesn't add up.  To me...that's embarrassing.  Either not all of the kids are coming out that should be (which is a school pride issue), or a change needs to be made in the coaching staff.

I know that you can't look at games based on the way somebody played somebody else.  But you cant tell me you don't think about it.  I mean who has really challenged Deweyville thus far?  Evadale?  But in that same breath, who has really challenged Evadale?  Deweyville?  Besides that game, the only test either team has had was Evadale with Kountze.  I mean...Deweyville was almost (should have been) beat by Warren.  Is Warren a powerhouse?  Because Warren got the crap beat out of them by West Hardin.  Is West Hardin a powerhouse?  Just saying.  Even though it doesn't matter...you cant help but think about stuff like that.

[quote name="knows2much" post="854956" timestamp="1285336664"]  I mean...Deweyville was almost (should have been) beat by Warren.  Is Warren a powerhouse?  Because Warren got the crap beat out of them by West Hardin.  Is West Hardin a powerhouse?  Just saying.  Even though it doesn't matter...you cant help but think about stuff like that.
[/quote]
  Where you there?

[quote name="WhatDownIzIt" post="855214" timestamp="1285360204"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=73179.msg854956#msg854956 date=1285336664]  I mean...Deweyville was almost (should have been) beat by Warren.  Is Warren a powerhouse?  Because Warren got the crap beat out of them by West Hardin.  Is West Hardin a powerhouse?  Just saying.  Even though it doesn't matter...you cant help but think about stuff like that.
[/quote]
  Where you there?
[/quote]i was there....if it wouldnt have been for a blown call (refs)when deweyville blocked a warren FG attempt....it wouldnt have ben as close as it was....after the refs blowed that call warren was giving a fresh set of downs....and scored....but again the deweyville defense forced a fumble with the O scoring with 30 secs left....saying that, not sure it was as close as people think....got a update from the HD-Deweyville JV game last night....26-0 deweyville....see you the game

[quote name="HD94" post="855245" timestamp="1285362074"]
The JV score doesn't have anything to do with the varsity.  At a 1A school you have more underclassmen playing varsity because of numbers. 
[/quote]
Deweyville JV has 3- soph  & the rest Fresman  H D Had 4 JR 6 Soph and the rest Fresman Just for Information
That bing said D-villes JV is very impresive since most of the team is fresman.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder