Buna at Hemphill Game Thread/Buna Wins!!

WOSgrad

Buna wins 34-6. Once again, Cougar defense was just nasty.  Can't say enough about that group of young men. Hemphill was physical and had quite a bit speed, but Buna just kept shutting them down.  Coogs offense looked pretty solid in their final tuneup before district scoring 4 TD's.  Jacob Craft, hurting coming into the game, looked pretty sharp running the ball, racking up 3 touchdowns.  Great win Cougars!!!  Let's get ready for district.  See you in Buna Friday night.

Thoughts and prayers out to the Garrett family and WO-S.  Terrible loss.

[quote name="bruno994" post="850057" timestamp="1284786733"]
Buna wins 34-6. Once again, Cougar defense was just nasty.  Can't say enough about that group of young men. Hemphill was physical and had quite a bit speed, but Buna just kept shutting them down.  Coogs offense looked pretty solid in their final tuneup before district scoring 4 TD's.  Jacob Craft, hurting coming into the game, looked pretty sharp running the ball, racking up 3 touchdowns.  Great win Cougars!!!  Let's get ready for district.  See you in Buna Friday night.

Thoughts and prayers out to the Garrett family and WO-S.  Terrible loss.
[/quote]
That descrpition of Hemphill does not sound accurate at all. The Hemphill team I heard about "Couldn't pour Pi$$ out of a bucket." So I'm just trying to figure this post out... A little embellished? Might be. See YOU in Buna Friday night!!!

Not really an embellishment, #42 and #71 were pretty physical on defense.  #5, #25 and #3 all had great speed.  #5 ran their only TD from 69 yards, nobody on Bunas' squad came close to catching him once he got outside.  I didn't say Hemphill was a good football team, they just had more talent, but just couldn't find a way to get it done.  Anyway, I am just pretty proud of the way our Cougars played!

[quote name="bruno994" post="850080" timestamp="1284787991"]
Not really an embellishment, #42 and #71 were pretty physical on defense.  #5, #25 and #3 all had great speed.  #5 ran their only TD from 69 yards, nobody on Bunas' squad came close to catching him once he got outside.  I didn't say Hemphill was a good football team, they just had more talent, but just couldn't find a way to get it done.  Anyway, I am just pretty proud of the way our Cougars played!
[/quote]
Totally understandable

With the score 14 - 6 heading into the 4th quarter, Buna took control and put Hemphill away.  It was a pretty good showing by the Hornets, but fatigue set in and the Cougars did what they needed to do to win the game. 

There is no need to make comments such as..."couldn't poor pi$$ out of a bucket".
Give both credit for a hard fought contest.

Doesn't Newton come to Buna this next Friday night?

Good Luck to both teams the rest of the way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder