The Hill is for Real

BHEagle1

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="848721" timestamp="1284675020"]
Regardless of the outcome of the game, I would NEVER want to claim that I went to school in Dayton.  I can promise you that an education from Barbers Hill is far more valuable that anything you have to offer in Dayton.
[/quote]

At the very least, my education makes me smart enough to spell douchebag, i believe the proper spelling would be TrueBlue.  We all know the Hill is for Real, but I think you're going to extremes.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="octfeb" post="848652" timestamp="1284667993"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg848618#msg848618 date=1284663877]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=72920.msg848540#msg848540 date=1284658612]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72920.msg848126#msg848126 date=1284582188]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72920.msg848122#msg848122 date=1284581675]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg848101#msg848101 date=1284579398]
Brenham Fan...You should buy a tunnel modeled after Bessie the Blue Bell cow.  Only make sure the team runs out of the tail end instead of the head.  I believe this would intimidate any team from the start.
[/quote]

Indeed...  ;D
[/quote]
Or you could have her sitting up and the players could squirt out of the udders..... ;D
[/quote]

I was in Dayton yesterday evening and I can confirm they have already instituted this change.  There were a lot of "Bessie" types all over.  Just wanted to share a brief moment in time for you, in an effort to draw a picture for those who have never been to Dayton.  ;D ;D ;D

I stopped at the NEW Shell station just down 321 from the high school and middle school.  I grabed a bag of ice and was only in the store for 3 minutes.  Here is what I experienced:

* A woman (A.K.A. "Bessie") pulled up in a S-10 pick-up with a red hood, green left fender, and beige bed.  She had a fuzzy carpeted dash and a bed full of old tires.  She was wearing pink shorts that appeared to be cut-off warm-up pants, a white "wife-beater" shirt, no bra, cowboy boots, and purchased 2 bush beers.  

* Next in line was a guy who was obviously drunk.  He stepped up to the cash register, then mumbled something and stepped (well stumbled) away.  I stepped up and paid for my ice while listening to him try and hold a meaningful conversation with a well dressed man who had his son with him.  I am guessing the well dressed man was trying to pass through Dayton and did not belong there.

* While pulling out of the store parking lot, there was a very heavyset woman running accross the road carrying a small chile on her hip.  She had a plastic grocery bag uner her other arm.  She was wearing flip-flops that did not match and was yelling something to a guy accross the street.  The guy she was yelling too was a white guy who was wearing army boots, long camo shorts, and no shirt.  He was running back and forth in the yard pulling a bull-dog on a short rope.  The two got in a heated exchange and the guy appeared to be trying to get his dog after her.  There was another woman standing in the trailer door yelling somehting as well.

* Around the corner I passed the school administration building and was to meet a friend who had invited me for dinner.  I have not seen this friend in a while, so was not sure what to expect.  I called his phone to see if I had my direction right, and unfortunately I did.  I was directed to a city housing project just down from the school administration building.  This did not exactly look like a place to be after dark, if you know what I mean. Upon arriving I found he, both his x-wifes, and numerous other people who were outside playing touch football.  After both his x-wifes flirted with me, I proceeded in the house, ate a steak and watched Survivor on his x-wife #2 60-inch LCD TV.  

* After dinner I was worried about surviving the patch between her apartment to my car.  I went outside and felt much more comfortable.  There were 3 DPC cars, 4 Dayton police cars, and a few constables at the appartment accross the drive-way.  Upon leaving I rolled my window down and asked the cop who was talking to the car in front of me if I needed to stop for anything.  The cop laughed and said, boy that's a first.  Nobody stops from this place so we can see who's inside or what they are doing.  

P.S.  The kids and adults playing football were not very good.      ;D ;D

[/quote]

Dang smoking baby, why you gots to be all reporting troof on my peoples and what not?

So, while smoking baby was hanging out with my peoples in Dayton, I took a field trip to the realest hill in America.  Heres what I saw:

It all started at their one stop light, the only stop light on the realest hill in America.  I next went to the Dollar General to pick up some of those fine BH women.  Apparently it was fat lady in sweatpants day."Score", I thought to myself, just my type.  Well not only was it fat lady in sweatpants day, it was a BH lady friend smorgas board.  The store had everything.  I'm talking meth monkeys, half the quarters population, and a passel of lonely housewives in gym clothes who go to the gym during the slow time of the day because of low esteem.  I had to get out of there, because let's be honest, Tyrone loves all dem ladies.

So i took my beat up bicycle and started peddling down eagle drive.  I didn't see an eagle, crazy right? And believe it or not, I had deja vu: Those Barbers Hillarians had the same imported workers digging the same holes on the same road as they did 4 months ago.  I thought to myself, surely the realest hill in america would hold enough intelligence to complete a simple project on the only road leading to the only stoplight on their grand bump, but sadly, this intelligence is no where to be found.

So I keep on peddling with one thought in mind, "I'm going to find smoking baby".  So I peddle through neighborhood after neigborhood and knock on every unfinished cookie cutter home that I can find.  I ask everyone that I see, where is smoking baby? They all point in the same direction.  I finally reach my destination, the humble abode of smoking baby.  This house looks exactly the same as every other house on the street with a few exceptions (namely the rainbow flags flying above every entrance).  

So I knock on the door and who answers but "Bessie" holding a bull whip and a quart of motor oil. She was wearing pink shorts that appeared to be cut-off warm up pants, a white "wife-beater" shirt, no bra, and cowboy boots.  I should have put two and two together when i saw the S-10 pick-up with a red hood, green left fender, and beige bed with the fuzzy carpeted dash and a bed full of old tires.

I walked away, with the sad realization that smoking baby's case of Dayton envy was so strong that he would stoop to stealing one of our fine Dayton women. The joke's on him though, that bruiser had a Crosby Cougars bumper sticker on her beat up S-10.
[/quote] That was some funny stuff there.. what the best part of it was half of it is fact..
[/quote]And now you fellers know my sad truth, I had to deeevorse "Bessie", the ol' bag jest wouldn't stop rooting fer them dang Cougars. Said she wanted to be one and then to top it all ah caught her wit some feller from Brenham tryin' to milk her udders. She din't leave me with nuthin but our sixteen chilluns, she took everthing else, my good ol' truck, those sexy pink sweat pants she used to wear when we'uz huntin' and my best wife beater shirt, boy I miss that shirt.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="848726" timestamp="1284676155"]
[quote author=TrueBlue link=topic=72920.msg848721#msg848721 date=1284675020]
Regardless of the outcome of the game, I would NEVER want to claim that I went to school in Dayton.  I can promise you that an education from Barbers Hill is far more valuable that anything you have to offer in Dayton.
[/quote]

At the very least, my education makes me smart enough to spell douchebag, i believe the proper spelling would be TrueBlue.  We all know the Hill is for Real, but I think you're going to extremes.
[/quote]

Dude, I stand by my statement......and your response only solidifies my opinion.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="846256" timestamp="1284384573"]
I'll go out on a limb and say we lose by at least 28 and we have fewer than 5 first downs against Dayton.  I hate it, but reality is we won't score enough (if at all) with the triple option and our defense is not going to shut anyone down.  Hope I am wrong, but it would be the very first time I was....  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Yea but since we bought our boys the UGLIEST UNIFORMS in the state of Texas we have the other teams defense off guard. It takes them at least two quarters to stop laughing so maybe we can continue to put up enough points early. Love my boys in BLUE.....Errrrrr... I mean in stripes. ::)

[/quote]
That my friend is exactly the attitude that most people have of Barbers Hill.
Keep that nose high up in the air believing you are better than everything around you.
That fancy high school of yours doesn't make the education any better, it is the people that have dedicated their lifes to the education of OUR students, and truth be told the teachers at Barbers Hill are all human just like they are in Dayton.
The rest of the world knows the truth, delusions of grandeur fill the air when you are on the hill on HWY 146 north of I-10.

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="848805" timestamp="1284684717"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=72920.msg848726#msg848726 date=1284676155]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude, I stand by my statement......and your response only solidifies my opinion.
[/quote]

A high school diploma from one school is not more valuable than a high school diploma from another school.  Do you really think the regents at a university will direct their admissions people to give Barbers Hill High School graduates preferential treatment over those from Dayton, or any other school for that matter?  You can also bank on the fact that employers will view you based on whether or not you are degreed.  An employer will make no distinction between an education from BH, Dayton or the TrueBlue Manlove Academy. So, where is the value?

Also, before you start harping on education, you might want to learn how to string together a sentence that is free of grammatical errors.  Just sayin'.

Also, what the heck does football have to do with education?  

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="848805" timestamp="1284684717"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=72920.msg848726#msg848726 date=1284676155]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Did you know this is a football site ? Since when did football and education go together-  Reminds me of a statement one of my teachers(football coach) made once " those who can "DO" - those who can't "Teach" -

[/quote] :o :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="848850" timestamp="1284687574"]
It is getting pretty close to lockdown time on this thread.  Can't see anything productive coming out it anymore.
[/quote] Nay not till smack starts bout 20-4A then soulja will come and shut it down...

[quote name="jayhawk" post="848845" timestamp="1284687233"]
[quote author=TrueBlue link=topic=72920.msg848805#msg848805 date=1284684717]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Did you know this is a football site ? Since when did football and education go together-  Reminds me of a statement one of my teachers(football coach) made once " those who can "DO" - those who can't "Teach" -

[/quote]I was wondering when the Purple clan would wake up and stop taking the bait. Lighten up, we're not even playing this week.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="848845" timestamp="1284687233"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Uh excuse me Jayhawk, drive to Beaumont and look on the east side of IH-10 as you enter, don't you know the name of Da Butch? It's the Carroll "Butch" Thomas [b]Educational Support Center[/b], it's an educational support center, not a football field and nautitorium, just ask them folks from Beaumont.  ;) :D :D :D :D

Guest 24baseball24
[quote name="GCMPats" post="848892" timestamp="1284689320"]
You left out the last part of your cute little saying:

Those that can,
do.

Those that can't,
teach.

Those that could never do either,
move to Mt Belvieu.
[/quote]
This is just great. I do beleive over half of the GCM students are from Baytown Sterling which means they are to stupid to handle the dumbest AAAAA school.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="848875" timestamp="1284688453"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=72920.msg848845#msg848845 date=1284687233]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Uh excuse me Jayhawk, drive to Beaumont and look on the east side of IH-10 as you enter, don't you know the name of Da Butch? It's the Carroll "Butch" Thomas [b]Educational Support Center[/b], it's an educational support center, not a football field and nautitorium, just ask them folks from Beaumont.  ;) :D :D :D :D
[/quote] I can't reply back to you radiotimer because I think you picked Dayton to loose against IKe ! :-\

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="848921" timestamp="1284690995"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=72920.msg848892#msg848892 date=1284689320]

Those that can,
do.

Those that can't,
teach.

move to Mt Belvieu.
[/quote]

While losers and idiots live in Goose Creek!

And I spit my Dr. Pepper out while laughing.
[/quote]

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="848972" timestamp="1284693327"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=72920.msg848921#msg848921 date=1284690995]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=72920.msg848892#msg848892 date=1284689320]

Those that can,
do.

Those that can't,
teach.

move to Mt Belvieu.
[/quote]

While losers and idiots live in Goose Creek!

And I spit my Dr. Pepper out while laughing.
[/quote]
[/quote]WOW heres another immature one... just read what i type..........................

[move][size=14pt][color=purple]I LOVE THEM DAYTON BRONCOS AND I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE  [/color][/size][/move] Now breath a sigh of relief see all better now.... Now go sit down on the [color=purple]BRONCO[/color] coat tails and enjoy the view :-*

[quote name="GCMPats" post="848892" timestamp="1284689320"]

Those that can,
do.

Those that can't,
teach.

move to Mt Belvieu.
[/quote]

Where was it again your wife teaches school?  GCM vs. LCM game you were in red and she was in a BH Blue shirt.  At least the wife's got some fashion.........  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="848894" timestamp="1284689410"]
One more thing....
The Dayton Bronco football team will educate all those in Barbers Hill a very valuable life lesson.

HUMILITY!
[/quote]

We have been very fond of the sportsmanship lesson you and WOS give us each year.  ;D ;D ;D