The Hill is for Real

BHEagle1

[quote name="jayhawk" post="851840" timestamp="1284955497"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72920.msg851275#msg851275 date=1284920379]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg851246#msg851246 date=1284918084]
The new pick is throwing me off smoking baby.  The avatar change is messing with my smack game.
[/quote]

:o Smoking baby has upgraded from a cigarette to a cigar!  Maybe he's hinting that it is a "victory cigar", for the Dayton game?  ;) :D He's just waiting for Friday to make everything legit... ;D lol
[/quote] Oh ! thats a cigar  ? You could of fooled me -
[/quote]

Maybe it's the paper from a cigar but I'm not sure about the contents

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="851856" timestamp="1284973934"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=72920.msg851840#msg851840 date=1284955497]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72920.msg851275#msg851275 date=1284920379]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg851246#msg851246 date=1284918084]
The new pick is throwing me off smoking baby.  The avatar change is messing with my smack game.
[/quote]

:o Smoking baby has upgraded from a cigarette to a cigar!  Maybe he's hinting that it is a "victory cigar", for the Dayton game?  ;) :D He's just waiting for Friday to make everything legit... ;D lol
[/quote] Oh ! thats a cigar  ? You could of fooled me -
[/quote]

Maybe it's the paper from a cigar but I'm not sure about the contents
[/quote]

UGLY as that baby is...It really don't matter what it is..... ;D ;D

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="849249" timestamp="1284747034"]
I wonder who would win in a fight, Smoking Baby or bhfan?  BTW, if anyone has forgotten, THE HILL IS FOR REAL.
[/quote]

How could we forget THE HILL IS FOR REAL. This thread has gone on for 14 pages.  Maybe BH should make that their slogan for all their athletics this year and put it on all their shirts.  Then we would be sure and not forget.

BTW-Funny how everyone said BH academics is so superior but we moved from BH this year.  My daughter was working on her Dual Credit English paper and made the comment "BH did nothing to get me ready for College classes. What a waist."  BH needs to get off their high horse and come down to reality but it will never happen. 

[quote name="tnt_mom" post="851866" timestamp="1284982654"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg849249#msg849249 date=1284747034]
I wonder who would win in a fight, Smoking Baby or bhfan?  BTW, if anyone has forgotten, THE HILL IS FOR REAL.
[/quote]

How could we forget THE HILL IS FOR REAL. This thread has gone on for 14 pages.  Maybe BH should make that their slogan for all their athletics this year and put it on all their shirts.  Then we would be sure and not forget.

BTW-Funny how everyone said BH academics is so superior but we moved from BH this year.  My daughter was working on her Dual Credit English paper and made the comment "BH did nothing to get me ready for College classes. What a waist."  BH needs to get off their high horse and come down to reality but it will never happen.   
[/quote]

Funny, you used to be for BH, but now that you moved, it is scum. Glad you left!

[quote name="BringinTheHeat" post="851887" timestamp="1284987572"]
[quote author=tnt_mom link=topic=72920.msg851866#msg851866 date=1284982654]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg849249#msg849249 date=1284747034]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny, you used to be for BH, but now that you moved, it is scum. Glad you left!
[/quote]

At first I was "for BH" but after a while the high and mighty act got old.  They are nothing more than average at most sports.  Never seem to go much further than 2nd round of play-offs if they make t that far. That is except for volleyball and girls basketball.  Other than that just average. 

[quote name="tnt_mom" post="851909" timestamp="1284989268"]
[quote author=BringinTheHeat link=topic=72920.msg851887#msg851887 date=1284987572]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At first I was "for BH" but after a while the high and mighty act got old.  They are nothing more than average at most sports.  Never seem to go much further than 2nd round of play-offs if they make t that far. That is except for volleyball and girls basketball.   Other than that just average.   

[/quote]
Not a big BH fan, but they usually have good teams  because they are well coached. They may not like this statement, but they take average kids with a few good athletes and teach them better football than most of the teams I see. This raises expectations, as it should, for them to play well come playoff time but they always meet superior teams there. Cannot dispute that they run an excellent athletic program for what they have. Fans should be happy with what they see every year because most programs do not see coaching and teaching of fundamentals that they do. I agree the fans seem to exhibit a superiority complex over most people they play and this does get old. Many are from Baytown and forget where they came from imo. They should improve every year with their numbers going up so they can win district in football in the next few years or when Stewart retires, LOL.

My advice, have fun but get off of the high and mighty act, it places an unecessary target on your back. Let your teams speak for you. They will be fine.

[quote name="cbear4" post="851989" timestamp="1284994655"]
[quote author=tnt_mom link=topic=72920.msg851909#msg851909 date=1284989268]
[quote author=BringinTheHeat link=topic=72920.msg851887#msg851887 date=1284987572]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At first I was "for BH" but after a while the high and mighty act got old.  They are nothing more than average at most sports.  Never seem to go much further than 2nd round of play-offs if they make t that far. That is except for volleyball and girls basketball.   Other than that just average.   

[/quote]
Not a big BH fan, but they usually have good teams  because they are well coached. They may not like this statement, but they take average kids with a few good athletes and teach them better football than most of the teams I see. This raises expectations, as it should, for them to play well come playoff time but they always meet superior teams there. Cannot dispute that they run an excellent athletic program for what they have. Fans should be happy with what they see every year because most programs do not see coaching and teaching of fundamentals that they do. I agree the fans seem to exhibit a superiority complex over most people they play and this does get old. Many are from Baytown and forget where they came from imo. They should improve every year with their numbers going up so they can win district in football in the next few years or when Stewart retires, LOL.

My advice, have fun but get off of the high and mighty act, it places an unecessary target on your back. Let your teams speak for you. They will be fine.
[/quote]

I agree with your advice cbear4.  I don't know who will BH & Dayton.  I haven't paid much attention to that district since we moved, but I would like to see BH win for the kids.  They really want it this year, good group of kids and the Coach Gage has lit a fire I haven't seen in a while.

[quote name="BringinTheHeat" post="851887" timestamp="1284987572"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know BringinTheHeat usually when someone posts a reply like yours they are usually in the group of people I would be referring to when I post.  Heck last year I think I hurt the feelings of a coach there, or should I say ex-coach.  It's kind of funny how the people "from the hill" get their feeling hurt or should I say feathers ruffled. 

Wasn't saying it was scum, just that the parents should take the advice from cbear4 and "have fun but get off of the high and mighty act, it places an unnecessary target on your back. Let your teams speak for you. They will be fine."

As a matter of fact my daughters team played a team yesterday with 3 or 4 BH girls and another had 1 and all day I was telling them good job, shake it off, etc because after all it is for the kids. Of course I want my kids team to win but I also want them all to do good even, if it is against my kids team.

[quote name="tnt_mom" post="851909" timestamp="1284989268"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hear Hamshire Fannett has a new Athletic Director.  You can probably find an empty lot out in a cow pasture somewhere and try that program.  I guess I'll just stick with the problems of BH and hope we get past that second round, which seems to a negative in your book.  ;) ;)  I appreciate your tax dollars while we got them.

Respectfully,
High and Mighty 

Don't think its "High and Mighty" just "High Expectations".  Its nice having an athletic program where you expect to win as opposed to being surprised if you do.  Visualizing yourself as a winner gets you half way there...then sometimes reality smacks you back into place though LOL.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="851246" timestamp="1284918084"]
[/quote]

Those Marboral Reds were really getting to me.  Figured I would change to Cuban's (I know, let me have it for that) and see how that goes.  I need to crawl a little faster when we play Dayton.  ;D ;D

[quote name="tnt_mom" post="851866" timestamp="1284982654"]
[/quote]

BTW-Funny how everyone said BH academics is so superior but we moved from BH this year.  My daughter was working on her Dual Credit English paper and made the comment "BH did nothing to get me ready for College classes. What a [b]waist[/b]."  BH needs to get off [b]their[/b] high horse and come down to reality but it will never happen.   
[/quote]

You might want to invest in a dictionary for her. I still have my old one from DHS if you're interested.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="852309" timestamp="1285015497"]
[/quote]

BTW-Funny how everyone said BH academics is so superior but we moved from BH this year.  My daughter was working on her Dual Credit English paper and made the comment "BH did nothing to get me ready for College classes. What a [b]waist[/b]."  BH needs to get off [b]their[/b] high horse and come down to reality but it will never happen.   
[/quote]

You might want to invest in a dictionary for her. I still have my old one from DHS if you're interested.

[/quote]

OK you got me.  I typed that before my first cup of coffee.  I didn't graduate from either school, so my bad.  Sorry.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="852531" timestamp="1285034678"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg852447#msg852447 date=1285024308]
This thread has been overtaken by a bunch of women.  Who let you ladies out of the kitchen?  And so nobody forgets, THE HILL IS FOR REAL.
[/quote] You suspect smoking baby was a women also -
[/quote]

You guys don't know who smoking baby is?  He was featured in an article not too long ago...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7125992.html

Hope everything works out for you smoking baby.  Call the Texas Hammer if you need a tough smart attorney on your side during the mitigation process.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="852622" timestamp="1285053431"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=72920.msg852531#msg852531 date=1285034678]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg852447#msg852447 date=1285024308]
This thread has been overtaken by a bunch of women.  Who let you ladies out of the kitchen?  And so nobody forgets, THE HILL IS FOR REAL.
[/quote] You suspect smoking baby was a women also -
[/quote]

You guys don't know who smoking baby is?  He was featured in an article not too long ago...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7125992.html

Hope everything works out for you smoking baby.  Call the Texas Hammer if you need a tough smart attorney on your side during the mitigation process.
[/quote]

How will I ever land that sweet thing in the pink shorts if you keep letting my secrets out.  ;D ;D ;D By the way, and as a concerned BH fan, I see your Avatar picture is showing signs of some white areas around your lips.  Assuming your not really flexible, might try caling this doctor for help.  He's been very successful in treating other men with a skin disorder.    [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/09/us/09jackson.html]http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/09/us/09jackson.html [/url]  ;D ;D

Smokin Baby (A.K.A. High and Mighty) Out