The Hill is for Real

BHEagle1

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="847460" timestamp="1284494576"]
This thread has 'locked' written all over it.  I like it.
[/quote]

It's not just anywhere you can get entertained like this.  ;D ;D ;D  That picture BHFan posted of someone's sister in Dayton was priceless.  ;D 

[quote name="bh89-2" post="847466" timestamp="1284495067"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg847460#msg847460 date=1284494576]
[/quote]

It's not just anywhere you can get entertained like this.   ;D ;D ;D  That picture BHFan posted of someone's sister in Dayton was priceless.   ;D 
[/quote]
Pretty sad when the person in the picture applies a woodshed beating to practically every on of your football teams from 7th to varsity.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="847472" timestamp="1284495352"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=72920.msg847466#msg847466 date=1284495067]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg847460#msg847460 date=1284494576]
[/quote]

It's not just anywhere you can get entertained like this.   ;D ;D ;D  That picture BHFan posted of someone's sister in Dayton was priceless.   ;D 
[/quote]
Pretty sad when the person in the picture applies a woodshed beating to practically every on of your football teams from 7th to varsity.
[/quote]

Just trying to sneak up on varsity, that's all.  ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="847542" timestamp="1284498260"]
Don't think this thread gets to page 8 by the time it is locked.

The Hill is for Real....

Just the topic of the thread says LOCK ME UP!
[/quote]

Between you wanting to be lcked up and Tyrone wanting to be slapped, yall gonna make a good couple.  ;D ;D

On to topic, BH has a LOT of work to do.  Our offensive style (my opinion here) is not consistent with what wins state championships.  On occasion there is a team (like Liberty Hill) that has success with a straight running attack, but there are not many.  There is a reason only a small handfull of colleges (mainly military schools) that run a triple option.  The name of the game has become score points, so most teams load their talent on the offensive side of the ball and spread it out.  With some balance you can be successful, even with lesser talent.  When you have a great defense, then things will click.  In order to do what we are doing, your defense best be very good.  We just don't have that type of defense now. 

With that said, BH by 6 still.  ;)         

[quote name="oldrock" post="847725" timestamp="1284516761"]
I just saw on another thread where Nederland did not even have their regular qb in the Barbers Hill game.  That kid is a beast,  I think the outcome would have been much different with him in the game.
[/quote] He played in the Dayton srimage and yeah he is a monster when they get him back they will be a playoff team .

The QB has been hurt since the Dayton scrimmage. The #2 is very capable.

The missing ingredient in the BH game was Trevin Sonnier at safety. I can assure you that no one on the BH team out-runs Sonnier.  He is the playmaker on their defense.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="847443" timestamp="1284493030"]
Estimated median household income in 2008: $50,073 (it was $37,401 in 2000)
Dayton:   $50,073

Estimated median household income in 2008: $76,481 (it was $54,732 in 2000)
Mont Belvieu:   $76,481

My bad. It's only about $26K.

[/quote] You been rubben up to the BH fans to long and completely missed the jest of my connotation it had nothing to do with monetary deficient ratio - Lets try this again - go back to my original post and approach it from a 45 degree angle  - hope this helps !

Reality was foreshadowed today for the Hill...
Tuesday afternoon the 8th A Ponies obliterated Baytown's best junior high team "Cunningham" 35 to 20.
Cunningham only had three first downs for the whole game while the Ponies stampeded up and down the field.

Year after year the talent keeps pouring into Dayton High School.

Dayton starts early at teaching our neighbors to the south who runs the show on the football field.
Once in a blue moon a Barbers Hill Junior High B team might beat the Ponies, and today Cunningham was given a woodshed beating by the Ponies.
In a very short 10 more evenings (that is 240 hours) the Eagles of Barbers Hill will be on the wrong side of the stampeding Broncos on the same field that Cunningham learned a powerful lesson.  Fear the football team wearing Dayton purple.

The HIll is for Real! Yea they beat 1 Nederland team who was minus 4 starters 2 offense 2 defense. 14 points came from a Sophmore qb in his second start. Then there was the 28-0 lead going into the 4th Q and that same sopm qb threw for 222yds and came within 12 yards of tying up a game at yalls home. Hey they one fair and square but Dayton beat Ned up and down the field all night. Daytons front 7 on defense will eat Eagles all night. I promise you that. I wish both teams an injury free game but Dayton wins by 17. Oh yea  good luck with Darren Wright he is the real deal and loves QBs.

Quick lesson: Cunningham MS is a North Shore feeder school. NOT located in Baytown.

Congrats on another huge victory. Good luck in the jr high playoffs. Oh wait. Nevermind.

Sorry I thought Cunningham was in the Baytown feeder schools.
They didn't stand a chance against the Ponies.
Just curious...
In the past did the Baytown junior highs play Cunningham?
Dayton and Barbers Hill are now in a new junior high district, don't know all the junior high schools and which high schools they feed into yet, I thought all the new schools in our district were Baytown JH's.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="847761" timestamp="1284519348"]
Quick lesson: Cunningham MS is a North Shore feeder school. NOT located in Baytown.

Congrats on another huge victory. Good luck in the jr high playoffs. Oh wait. Nevermind.
[/quote]
Do you know how many JH's North Shore has feeding into it?
Cunningham had some great talent, lots of speed, just no discipline, and some very vocal unhappy parents.