The Hill is for Real

BHEagle1

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="fwstangs" post="856634" timestamp="1285423917"]
Lots of respect for Dayton bouncing back from 0-3 and really shutting down BH and shutting up a lot BH fans. Well done.
[/quote] Hmm seems I remember saying somewhere on one of the topics that pre-season doesn't really matter, its what you do in district that counts. and someone from over there on the bump said something  like, oh pre-season doesn't matter maybe I should tell coach Gage what you said octfeb. I hope he did tell Gage what I said because you see it didn't matter 54-0 thats what mattered. sorry BH but it is what it is. I really do feel bad for yall.

[quote name="octfeb" post="856651" timestamp="1285424989"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72920.msg856634#msg856634 date=1285423917]
Lots of respect for Dayton bouncing back from 0-3 and really shutting down BH and shutting up a lot BH fans. Well done.
[/quote] Hmm seems I remember saying somewhere on one of the topics that pre-season doesn't really matter, its what you do in district that counts. and someone from over there on the bump said something  like, oh pre-season doesn't matter maybe I should tell coach Gage what you said octfeb. I hope he did tell Gage what I said because you see it didn't matter 54-0 thats what mattered. sorry BH but it is what it is. I really do feel bad for yall.
[/quote]

I would not want to count on being able to bounce  back strong from an 0-3 start, that can be hard to do. I think preseason is very very important, with good results. But if you play well and are still 0-3, makes it easier.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="856666" timestamp="1285425964"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=72920.msg856651#msg856651 date=1285424989]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=72920.msg856634#msg856634 date=1285423917]
[/quote]

I would not want to count on being able to bounce  back strong from an 0-3 start, that can be hard to do. I think preseason is very very important, with good results. But if you play well and are still 0-3, makes it easier.
[/quote] right pre-season is important. Helps the team prepare for district.My point is, how you end up in pre-season doesn't get you into the playoffs. How you do in district play determines whether or not if you go to the playoffs. Which is what everyone is shooting for. Just saying.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="858673" timestamp="1285547070"]
I don't think letting this thread slide down the boards only to be forgotten is a fitting end.  A thread this awesome deserves to be around all season long.  After all, it's only fitting that everyone see this at the top of the board because THE HILL IS FOR REAL.
[/quote] ROFL

[quote name="rollinac" post="858720" timestamp="1285550509"]
Where does the "Hill" portion come from anyway?  I guess Barber's Swampy Coastal Plain just didn't have the same ring to it???
[/quote] The Barber's were one of the original families in Mt Belview and then Warren Petroleum  (aka- Gulf, Chevron,Dynegy, and now Targa )discovered the salt-dome hence : hill - The salt-dome pushes the mound 45 feet above the surrounding area .  THE HILL IS FOR REAL  -

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="858867" timestamp="1285582282"]
The HILL IS FOR REAL!
The DQ at BH should sell 54 cent blizzards to residents of Dayton.
[/quote]

Man.......all those dayton folks in BH, no way.  Bad enough they haul them down here on buses, wearing orange coveralls, and spread them out all over the prestine BH roadways.  We want to keep our city clean so we can enjoy the beautiful waterfalls and snow capped moutains.  Oh heck, there I go using the word "capped" around someone from Dayton.  Sorry, the cultural differences in our language can be difficult. Don't break out the 9 on me.  Our snow topped mountains..........I should have said.  ;D ;D   

[quote name="bh89-2" post="858892" timestamp="1285589399"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=72920.msg858867#msg858867 date=1285582282]
The HILL IS FOR REAL!
[/quote]

Man.......all those dayton folks in BH, no way.  Bad enough they haul them down here on buses, wearing orange coveralls, and spread them out all over the prestine BH roadways.  We want to keep our city clean so we can enjoy the beautiful waterfalls and snow capped moutains.  Oh heck, there I go using the word "capped" around someone from Dayton.  Sorry, the cultural differences in our language can be difficult. Don't break out the 9 on me.  Our snow topped mountains..........I should have said.  ;D ;D     
[/quote][b][size=14pt]Bad enough they haul them down here on buses, wearing orange coveralls, and spread them out all over the prestine BH roadways[/size][/b] Umm well if yall would quite throwing your trash out on ur roads we wouldn't have to send the BH inmates that get shipped to Dayton Prison over there. 54 cent Blizzards sounds like a WINNER to me.

Dayton Bronco uniforms $150.00
  Barbers Hill Uniforms $ 20.00 on clearance
  seeing smoken Infantile being silenced after getting trucked by the Bronco Stampede 54-0 PRICEless
;D ;D ;D   

[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="846304" timestamp="1284387553"]
The truth is neither Dayton or the Hill have played well this year. Dayton at 0-2 and BH at 1-2 have both had trouble holding on to the ball, until BH's last game against Nederland. To BH's credit Sante Fe is now 3-0 as well as Lumberton, so they played two pretty good teams and Nederland is no pushover..Earlier comment Dayton, by 50...lol..[color=red][size=14pt]Dayton won't be beating anybody by 50 this year[/size][/color]...This game could go either way, Dayton should have the edge, but if the Hill can hold down turnovers and play some defense they have shot..Right now, neither have much to crow about... off week for BH..Work hard guys,things are getting better and you're play against Nederland demonstrated that.. Congrats on good win against Nederland....
[/quote]
Care to amend that comment?

[quote name="McHale" post="858905" timestamp="1285591049"]
[quote author=FOOTBALLFEVER99 link=topic=72920.msg846304#msg846304 date=1284387553]
The truth is neither Dayton or the Hill have played well this year. Dayton at 0-2 and BH at 1-2 have both had trouble holding on to the ball, until BH's last game against Nederland. To BH's credit Sante Fe is now 3-0 as well as Lumberton, so they played two pretty good teams and Nederland is no pushover..Earlier comment Dayton, by 50...lol..[color=red][size=14pt]Dayton won't be beating anybody by 50 this year[/size][/color]...This game could go either way, Dayton should have the edge, but if the Hill can hold down turnovers and play some defense they have shot..Right now, neither have much to crow about... off week for BH..Work hard guys,things are getting better and you're play against Nederland demonstrated that.. Congrats on good win against Nederland....
[/quote]
[/quote] ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D

[quote name="McHale" post="858905" timestamp="1285591049"]
[quote author=FOOTBALLFEVER99 link=topic=72920.msg846304#msg846304 date=1284387553]
[/quote]
[/quote]

He was right.  Yall lucked out and put up 54, not 50.  ;D ;D

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="858867" timestamp="1285582282"]
The HILL IS FOR REAL!
[/quote]

Post of the year. This one had everything, wit, originality, and a not so subtle jab at a vanquished opponent.  You have my nomination good sir.

And everybody don't forget, THE HILL IS FOR REAL!

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="859111" timestamp="1285609658"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=72920.msg858867#msg858867 date=1285582282]
The HILL IS FOR REAL!
[/quote]

Post of the year. This one had everything, wit, originality, and a not so subtle jab at a vanquished opponent.  You have my nomination good sir.

And everybody don't forget, THE HILL IS FOR REAL!
[/quote]
Wow!  That is pretty cool.  Post of the year!!!  I think it is a definite must we keep this thread alive to let everyone know the HILL IS FOR REAL!  Congrats to bh 89-2.  The other BH posters have been chirping with the crickets since Friday, but not bh 89-2.  He obviously didn't wear the rose colored glasses being sold at the concession stand at the game.  He saw the REAL game unaltered.  I think Dayton gave 54 reasons why the HILL IS FOR REAL on Friday night.

I run a establishment in Dayton and I can not tell you how many people said the hill is for real after the beat down they got friday night.  ;D  Whats also interesting is how many people said Barbers Hill deserved it. I dont feel the players did but probably the adults that were talking trash all week did. When you have your nose up in the air and think you are better than everyone else then you put a target on yourself and you deserve what you get. 

It's all in fun w/smack,surely you don' think alot of it is serious but pot stirring.Keeping w/topic Hill is for Real,in the games Dayton has played(4) 2 against 5a playoff teams-1 against Angleton a 4a region finalists w/1 of the top backs in the area & lil ole Barbers Hill had more fans @Bronco stadium than all the previous 3 big boy teams combined.Kudos for that.What's up w/traveling fans?I've been to gms.LCM vs.GCM-Crosby vs.PNG- 5a now 4a top ten ranked Tyler John Tyler vs. Westbrook and none of the traveling teams had 300 in attendance.

[quote name="liltex" post="859604" timestamp="1285641778"]
It's all in fun w/smack,surely you don' think alot of it is serious but pot stirring.Keeping w/topic Hill is for Real,in the games Dayton has played(4) 2 against 5a playoff teams-1 against Angleton a 4a region finalists w/1 of the top backs in the area & lil ole Barbers Hill had more fans @Bronco stadium than all the previous 3 big boy teams combined.Kudos for that.What's up w/traveling fans?I've been to gms.LCM vs.GCM-Crosby vs.PNG- 5a now 4a top ten ranked Tyler John Tyler vs. Westbrook and none of the traveling teams had 300 in attendance.
[/quote]

Angleton wasn't a regional finalist....  We made sure they didn't get that far.  They were regional semi-finalist.  Lol.   ;) :D

Amen on the traveling part.  I watched 4 games in the first weekend alone.  I've put a bunch of miles on my car this year.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="859697" timestamp="1285647953"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=72920.msg859604#msg859604 date=1285641778]
[/quote]

Angleton wasn't a regional finalist....  We made sure they didn't get that far.  They were regional semi-finalist.  Lol.   ;) :D

Amen on the traveling part.  I watched 4 games in the first weekend alone.  I've put a bunch of miles on my car this year.
[/quote]  Its OK after week 12 you can give your car a rest ! ;D