Huntington at Liberty Game Thread/Huntington wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="Lumberjack" post="840578" timestamp="1283810234"]
Well guess what folks? They work hard in Huntington too. While y'all are saying stuff like "What's wrong with Liberty?", you might ask "What's right in Huntington?" Those kids worked their butts off in summer workouts, averaging 60 kids a day! They have a good coach, a good RB, a good QB and they're playing better defense than ever before. I think you should give some credit were it's due. I'm not saying Huntington is "a force to be reckoned with", but they are a much improved team. Though their record doesn't show it, they have been improving for the last couple of years.
One of Huntington's biggest problems is not the kids, but the adults. Half the town are "Old School Basketball Glory Days" people and the other half are "New School We Ain't All That Great In Basketball Anymore So Spend The Money On Football" people. If these two groups could learn to play nice, Huntington could have a great football team. Of course I am talking about a town that has two fire departments because the adults can't play nice. ::)

All I'm saying is, don't knock the Huntington kids down just to prop Liberty up. Liberty got beat. Period.
[/quote]I can't see how the adults are the problem. It's been more the lack of athletes over the years.There's been good coaches come and go there and everyone of them will tell you they couldn't match up. I do believe they are better this year and the coach has them working hard and has a long term plan.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    haha369
    Newest Member
    haha369