Jasper at Lumberton/LUMBERTON WINS 56-35!!!!!

[quote name="BIG HOUSE" post="832685" timestamp="1282966461"]
Once the TRAIN got rollin it didnt stop....56 points in 3QTR's........Jasper was entertaining before the game with all the chanting.. ::)

[/quote]So are fans supposed to sit there in silence?  Were they chanting something derogatory?  What's the big deal about chanting?  Be happy you guys won.  No need to be a sore winner.  Be happy for your team.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta feel for our number 40, you can bet after that stupid unsportsmanlike penalty the coach will have him running wind sprints into his 2nd year of college. Way to put the hammer down Coach Creduer, not many other coaches will go all the way in the field and remove an offending player from the game. Jasper coaches, you need to have a talk with your player that made that illegal block, hopefully that boy your guy took out will be back in the game soon. Great game L-Town, slow start as usual but no stopping you once you're moving.

I'm very proud of our RAIDERS! Great try Jasper! Raiders started out slow then woke up and got to work!
I'm sorry but I do have to say I'm very upset with Jasper. After they hurt #45 (J-Rich) Lumberton's players and cheerleaders took a knee but Jasper on the other hand just stood there even after they came over the sound system and said that when players are hurt it shows sportsmanship to take a knee.

I also have to just say I'm a very proud cousin of #39 Ryan Asher he did amazing tonight.

Good luck Jasper in your season.

LETS GO RAIDERS!

[quote name="BORAM" post="832734" timestamp="1282967342"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=71996.msg832725#msg832725 date=1282967193]
Congrats Raider and I hope that you got all of that out of your system ;D Seey next week
[/quote]

Lol....nah we got plenty left for you BH.
[/quote]

Well I'll bring my ear plugs to block the horn then ;D

[quote name="bigslice19" post="832815" timestamp="1282969241"]
jasper's players were twice as big as lumberton.  I was amazed at their size!  the Middle linebacker looked like he played in college but the train was too much for them to handle. 
[/quote]

Just goes to show people that speed and size can be beat with discipline and great coaching.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="832826" timestamp="1282969663"]
The one thing that surprised me tonight was during the last minute. Usually Coach Creduer has the QB kneel it out but not tonight, they called two running plays to run out the clock. Maybe he was thinking of punishing Jasper for that illegal block if we actually got through with the ball, who knows.....
[/quote]so how bad was the hit? it the kid ok?

[quote name="dont tread on me" post="832834" timestamp="1282969894"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=71996.msg832826#msg832826 date=1282969663]
The one thing that surprised me tonight was during the last minute. Usually Coach Creduer has the QB kneel it out but not tonight, they called two running plays to run out the clock. Maybe he was thinking of punishing Jasper for that illegal block if we actually got through with the ball, who knows.....
[/quote]

He was hurt pretty bad. I kept hearing he could be out for a couple weeks or the season

[quote name="jordibug15" post="832836" timestamp="1282970023"]
[quote author=dont tread on me link=topic=71996.msg832834#msg832834 date=1282969894]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=71996.msg832826#msg832826 date=1282969663]
[/quote]

He was hurt pretty bad. I kept hearing he could be out for a couple weeks or the season
[/quote]
It was one of those hits that could have easily been a season ending one.

A few things. Lumberton and Jasper both played hard. Jasper is young and that showed. Lumberton is fortunate that Jasper made some "young" mistakes. Jasper is very talented, but needs the coaches to improve there schemes and crispness. I think Jasper could be very good with alterations to this offense that Bickham is set on running.

The hit on the kickoff was a penalty and called one. It was not good, but I do not believe it was with ill intent. The coaches do need to address this with these kids. That one especially and I pray that the injured recovers quickly. These things happen even when they shouldn't or didnt have to.

Two penalties should have been called on Lumberton touchdowns. Tripping behind the runner none the less on one that was in the broad open and was obvious and in the late part of the game one of the line men had the left arm and jersey of one of Jasper's LB's that was reaching out to make the tackle. That is part of the game as well, but they should get the obvious ones and those were two of them.

Fumbles and mistakes hurt Jasper. Lumberton took advantage. Both teams should fair well. Jasper may do better in their district than Lumberton just from seeing them tonight. Speed can hurt Lumberton. Passing can hurt Jasper.

Good luck to both. It is just the first game.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="832826" timestamp="1282969663"]
[/quote]

Punishing a whole team for one kids mistake? That would be classy..... really. Do not think that had anything to do with it. If he wanted to punish, he would have tried to pass for a TD.

The block was poor, but give the kid the benefit of the doubt of getting caught up in the game. Bad decision, yes. Ill intended, probably had no intention of hurting anyone. He certainly needs scolding by the coaches and I am sure he will be. Actually, he was right there at the game.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33